Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    At this point you could PM yourselves with auto-replies, the content would be actually the same than this topic.

Sorry if I'm disturbing this BioWare review / yearly audit, just wanted to say I'm loving the Salvager set <3

<snip>
    I'm not a fan of the Scars style armour, but I did buy myself a set of the Shrike armour last week.

I am a bit miffed that they finally have an arrival animation on the store that I really like, and it's for the Ranger only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Scars style armour, but I did buy myself a set of the Shrike armour last week.

I am a bit miffed that they finally have an arrival animation on the store that I really like, and it's for the Ranger only.
    I ended up buying the shrike armor too after my sub ran out and I lost the legion of dawn stuff. Mostly just for the chest.. which kind of sucks that I had to buy everything for the 1 piece. Literally never going to touch that helmet with 100% certainty.

The scar style armor thumbnails that I saw looked like there could be a potentially cool chest for the interceptor... but again same boat. Would have to drop the full 61k for 1-2 pieces. Guess that's how it goes.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I ended up buying the shrike armor too after my sub ran out and I lost the legion of dawn stuff. Mostly just for the chest.. which kind of sucks that I had to buy everything for the 1 piece. Literally never going to touch that helmet with 100% certainty.

The scar style armor thumbnails that I saw looked like there could be a potentially cool chest for the interceptor... but again same boat. Would have to drop the full 61k for 1-2 pieces. Guess that's how it goes.
    You can buy pieces individually in the forge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any news on when the cosmetics boxes from Strongholds are going live? I can't be bothered to read through most of this thread, so sorry if this has already been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You can buy pieces individually in the forge.
    You can't buy the shop pieces individually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Is there any news on when the cosmetics boxes from Strongholds are going live? I can't be bothered to read through most of this thread, so sorry if this has already been posted.
    I saw someone saying its supposed to be next week, I haven't seen anything official. Its supposed to be late this month either way.

Supposedly they will be released in the next patch but as Bacon mentioned there isn't an official release date for the patch as far as I know. Hope it comes soon as it will finally give people a reason to stay for the bosses in strongholds.

Not yet, but there's a maintenance on Tuesday so maybe then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You can't buy the shop pieces individually.
    Ah gotcha... You can preview the pieces individually, but you aren't able to buy them. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Baconeggcheese @yasiru @kaelleria Thanks! Hopefully soon. I've put Anthem a bit on hold till they're released.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Played 40 hours in the span of 11 days and got bored. Meanwhile I’m 30 hours in division2 over a span of 3 days. I still have a lot to do in td2 while I’m 95% done with anthem. The other 5% is just the shit grind of doing the same thing over and over.
    Yeah lot of friends playing TD2 tell me there's more to do and that overall it was a more enjoyable experience for them.

Hopefully that holds because I'm thinking of getting it haha.

Problem with Anthem is that it just lacks variety and content overall. And it should have PvP. Simple. Just because a few people don't want it doesn't mean it has to be excluded. And quite frankly if you don't want to do the PvP then don't.

Anthem needs a lot of work before it's a AAA quality game worth £60.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-16 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Ah gotcha... You can preview the pieces individually, but you aren't able to buy them. My bad.
    Yeah, if you buy a piece of shop gear through the forge you pay for and unlock the whole set. You can buy individual pieces of the set that is only available through the forge and never rotates out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah lot of friends playing TD2 tell me there's more to do and that overall it was a more enjoyable experience for them.

Hopefully that holds because I'm thinking of getting it haha.

Problem with Anthem is that it just lacks variety and content overall. And it should have PvP. Simple. Just because a few people don't want it doesn't mean it has to be excluded. And quite frankly if you don't want to do the PvP then don't.

Anthem needs a lot of work before it's a AAA quality game worth £60.
    Here's an example of what I have to do next in Division 2. As a side note, I did not need a loading screen to open the map in the world to choose where I go next, novelty for sure. Basically every element you see on the map is some sort of mission/event/control point you can go and do and so on.

Why don't you play a PvP game if you want to PvP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Here's an example of what I have to do next in Division 2. As a side note, I did not need a loading screen to open the map in the world to choose where I go next, novelty for sure. Basically every element you see on the map is some sort of mission/event/control point you can go and do and so on.
    There is no loading screen to open the map in Freeplay in Anthem neither, wtf

QQ complainers don't really know what to say I guess. You guys seem to be "stoked" by another game but still... not playing this game, instead you're crying on another game's topic. What a life.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-16 at 05:13 PM.

Bloody hell. Compared to Anthem that's loads.

As I said the main gripe for me with Anthem is no PvP among the lack of content. Like at least have the option there for those that want it.

For 6 years of development the amount of content this game launched with is pitiful to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody hell. Compared to Anthem that's loads.
    You bet, you literally stumble on shit to do as you go, the map is not even showing everything there actually is, like these question mark things - they are random public events that pop here and there from time to time.

After Anthem I'm like stumped.

You bet, you literally stumble on shit to do as you go, the map is not even showing everything there actually is, like these question mark things - they are random public events that pop here and there from time to time.

After Anthem I'm like stumped.
    Honestly I bought DMC5 and Puyo Puyo Tetris this month. Might get Division 2 next month. By then it'll have settled down and we can see if the initial phase was just the honeymoon phase.

Believe it or not the £60 I got DMC5 and Puyo Puyo Tetris with was what was going to go into Anthem. Thankfully it didn't.

I just don't get how a game of a similar genre/design can launch with so much more content than a game in development for 6 years. It just baffles me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-16 at 05:18 PM.

I just don't get how a game of a similar genre/design can launch with so much more content than a game in development for 6 years. It just baffles me.
    Yeah, baffling.

Kind of like someone sticking around in a thread for months for a game that they have no intention to play just to continue to reiterate how they have no intention of playing it and have never bought it. Baffling.

Honestly I bought DMC5 and Puyo Puyo Tetris this month. Might get Division 2 next month. By then it'll have settled down and we can see if the initial phase was just the honeymoon phase.

Believe it or not the £60 I got DMC5 and Puyo Puyo Tetris with was what was going to go into Anthem. Thankfully it didn't.

Anthem is what happens when you make a game for ~4 years and then for whatever reason have a turn of direction and redesign it to a different game in 2 years (or more likely less).

Something happened during development that caused it to go thrown in the bin, its how you end up with something so shallow, because you needed to make something new in to little time. Its why the stuff that should have obviously been there at launch (Cataclysms) isn't in the game yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Anthem is what happens when you make a game for ~4 years and then for whatever reason have a turn of direction and redesign it to a different game in 2 years (or more likely less).

Something happened during development that caused it to go thrown in the bin, its how you end up with something so shallow, because you needed to make something new in to little time. Its why the stuff that should have obviously been there at launch (Cataclysms) isn't in the game yet.
    The lead designer died in 2017...

Now after playing TD2 for a while and being able to compare the two games, I must say that Anthem really aced the gameplay.

Even though I enjoy TD2, it is a complete slogfest when talking about its movement and combat.
    TD2 also suffers from the same problem Anthem does in terms of gun variety, everything feels the same. Granted TD2 is a more "realistic" game and that might be a reason as to why there's not that much variety to the weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Division 2 has a lot more to do but that map is misleading. It has SHD caches, and safehouses, etc. You can hardly call that content.