Poll: Do you use ad blockers? (regardless of browser)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I use adblockers 100% of the time and dont whitelist any website. I hate ads. I dont want to see ads. And if some place is going to outright ban adblockers, i will refuse to use that site/service.
    Entirely from the websites point of view, you're doing them a favour by not taking up bandwidth.. If you really wanna stick it in them, bypass their blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I use adblocker and NoScript on firefox, no I do not turn them off for any site.
    agreed.
    i've seen sites on adblocker and without, and I like it with adblocker, especially youtube,

10+ Year Old Account
    until the websites/companies vet their ads better i will use ad blocker. unless they are willing to pay for any damage to my computer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ublock for browsers but I also use adblocker on my Open-WRT router, which just assures any device in my home won't get ads. My cell phone and tablets have Ad-away installed as well as YouTube Vanced since you really can't block YouTube ads without it. I really don't want to waste time and bandwidth with ads. Find another source of revenue.

Yes, along with a plethora of other countermeasures - script blockers, anti-trackers, noise makers, and of course VPNs. People who are worthy supporting invariably have means other than ads for that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Ublock for browsers but I also use adblocker on my Open-WRT router, which just assures any device in my home won't get ads. My cell phone and tablets have Ad-away installed as well as YouTube Vanced since you really can't block YouTube ads without it. I really don't want to waste time and bandwidth with ads. Find another source of revenue.
    I use Newpipe on my phone. Youtube with no ads.

Pi-hole for simple whole house ad blocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I use Newpipe on my phone. Youtube with no ads.
    How does that work? You use the YouTube app?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather not use the site than turn off my adblocks/scriptblockers for it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    How does that work? You use the YouTube app?
    It's an app that you can use to watch Youtube on that doesn't show ads... Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    How is that a fix? What if I don't want to see any adverts at all? Is that a risk I run clicking on any video even if I turn off adblock? Isn't that unfair? I clicked for content, not adverts.
    Content does cost money to create....
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Content does cost money to create....
    That's why YouTube demonetized so many YouTubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    So with the recent news of Google Chrome API changes may disable most ad blockers, many reports of ad block extensions such as uBlock origin failing recently, and companies such as Spotify updating their ToS to ban ad blockers, I was curious to see how much people use ad blockers in these forums (or anywhere else, really) and wanted to ask two questions:

1. Do you usually turn off ad blockers in MMO-C or any of your frequently visited websites?
    2. What browser(s) are you currently using?
    3. If you are or were on Chrome, have you made the switch or are planning to switch soon?
    ofc that i use add blockers.

and i always ignore sites which add this to ToS

its internet - each site has at least 2000 other clones which work the same as original one

f..... greedy sites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It's an app that you can use to watch Youtube on that doesn't show ads... Apparently.
    This. Newpipe is a replacement for the Youtube app.

https://newpipe.schabi.org/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    first, that would kill most traffic, and second, there are ways to camouflage the adblocker, or use adblocking at the OS level instead of using one of the common extensions.

It's a lost fight.
    You don't even have to do it at the OS level. You can do it at the network level. I can set up Squid (a proxy) on my Linux server to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I use adblocker and NoScript on firefox, no I do not turn them off for any site.
    Exactly the same.

I allow scripts here and there to accommodate for minimal website functionality. Some sites I trust, most / majority I do not.

The webhosts may be legit, but if they have 3rd party scripts running for revenue, then they can't control the quality .. or security. Those "questionable" scripts just stay blocked.

In general though, on a blind site that won't load until I allow Javascripts, I figure that if they were honest I could view their site. If I cannot, I'm not willing to go further. Next site! (I mean the main site requires mystery scripts? no thanks)

Some businesses have this huge ad revenue policy, with as many as 20+ scripts. If they can't have a working page without all the support "scripts", then they are not worth my time.

If they can't guarantee my online safety, I can't be bothered to spend money with them. I doubt it makes a dent in their sales, but at that point, I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-16 at 11:31 PM.

AdBlocker, Ublock origin and some anti-bit coin mining addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I use ad blocker for sure. I wouldn't mind white listing MMO-Champion but the adds that run here are so intrusive that I refuse to do it. I feel the ads are here to want you to go for the paid account option so they are aggressive as fuck.

Ublock origin makes browsing faster and safer so yes i do use it.
    Not to mention some adds are just ultra annoying.

Unfortunately even websites such as mmo-champ and wowhead were known to have dangerous/risky ads.
    And frankly i despise most forms of advertising be it TV, radio or on PC.

I don't use them, and for all the websites I visit, I can't find one that was so annoying with ads. I honestly don't get the anger from people about them. Is it truly that hard to ignore them or just ignore the site and find something else? Seems to be on par with people complaining about a 15 second ad on a youtube video; utterly ridiculous that your life is wasted by that silly ad.