Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    PvP implies we have some sorta chance when it's literally 3 of us, one already dead, one dying, to like 30 horde.
    It is a gank point. A spot that others can easily gank other players. It has nothing to do with warmode balance or a buff. Even if you had a 100% buff you could still be ganked. It is no different then when alliance were farming the tortollan quests to get 400 item level gear. Popular spots will up the chances of you encountering large groups of opposite faction players.

You can get your own group. Call in Anduin's knights (holy lag when they appear lol.). Turn off warmode and complete the quest to get past the choke point. You have options. PvP will always be like this and always has been.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    While i would agree with most you said you gotta admit that the free heroic gear during the early weeks was mostly useless since it was 370 itemlvl
    What does it say about BFA when a heroic raid item level was worthless to even the most casual players?

Bullshit, as Horde they're usually the ones doing the outnumbering.

now thats some massive BS i smell here, every time its tortollan emissary up i see alliance raids camping tortolan WQs both on zuldazar (mostly the tortolan camp in voldun) and on kul tiras, and i see them camping the FP in Terrace of the devoted a couple times a week and camping vulpera highway when its voldunai emissary

today alone i saw 1 group with 4 assassins during the nazmir invasion on EU

and lets not forget all the dungeon portal camping groups that were made when the 400 ilvl quest was up, you litteraly couldnt summon people to dungeon with warmode on for that whole week
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-03-16 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well that's what you get for enabling Warmode.
    And... /Thread
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    PvP stands for Players versus Players. Not Players vs Players but only if the other side doesn't outnumber us or only if we win. That is actually PvPboitosdnouooiww. It sounds like WM is a bit too hard for you. Maybe you should turn it off and just go easy mode.
    Actually it stands for Player Vs Player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Only an idiot goes to an area they KNOW will be full of other hunters with War Mode enabled. The only person dumber is the one who rushes to complain about getting ganked in that area.
    Nah, cause ganking is a problem that needs to be solved so there can be actual PvP like there was at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What 30% bonus do you want for the Hati quest? Turn it off already.

Ofc 30% + a free 400 ilvl is not fair. That's why it was nerfed. Why do you cry so much? All these crying ever since warmode was introduced, yet ganking was a staple of pvp servers since Vanilla and noone gave a damn.

What do you want? Duel-mode? Whenever a player attacks another player they get teleported into an arena to sort it out 1v1?
    Stop crying.
    Telling someone to stop crying while crying amuses me, do it more please.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the exact thing that the Alliance does all day when they get 30% and a free 400ilvl item? You don't care about pvp, you care about hand-outs. Typical alliance warmode player.
    Typical Horde player, playing the evil side that lives to grief and harass players.

10%, 15%.. It's so damn low. It's literally 10 more gold out of 100, or 30 more war resources that literally NO ONE uses anymore lol. Just turn it off or Xfer to Horde c:

NEXT WEEK? The alliance bonus was 30% and free heroic gear for like what, 5-6 weeks if not 2 months in 8.0 and one week in 8.1 and then when a whole mythic guild abused it they realized it was too much.

Boohoo, cry about being stuck at Hati for like 2 hours when horde players couldn't even go near their mission table ship for days because of the free hc gear.

Edit: Also, the 30% bonus is not 'nerfed', the bonus % system adjusts to the amount of people who have warmode active. So when the alliance has 15% it means the factions are pretty close to 50-50. Do you play the same game? Learn how stuff work and then complain.
    How about no? 100+ Horde guilds clear mythic before Alliance does, and Method spent millions of gold and got a far higher ilvl advantage for the raid

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even read my comment? The free hc gear was present for almost 2 months during 8.0 way before january. But you don't complain about that cuz it's not current anymore.
    'boohoo i want my 400 ilvl hand-out'

15% means the factions are almost equal. Quit crying.
    15% means Blizzard is fucking with it because horde complained, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont care whether you used it or not, it was there and the horde port was unplayable on reset days.

Here we go again: the warmode bonus % adjusts according to the amount of players who have warmode turned on. The lowest possible buff is 10%. THAT MEANS that when the alliance has 15% it's pretty close to being equal.

The game literally shows you this.
    You mean like anywhere as Alliance is unplayable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because there was one spot on one shard where horde were outnumberin you doesnt mean alliance are extremly outnumbered.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    >Using Warmode to do a quest literally day one of it's release, when LOTS of people are going to be doing it.

>Complaining when those LOTS of people start ganking.
    Yes, because ganking and griefing makes the game unfun. So it should be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    How dare a newly added patch-quest be crowded by a lot of people? Of course the majority will kill other faction.
    Only if they're bad people with no moral compass.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What does it say about BFA when a heroic raid item level was worthless to even the most casual players?
    that you can't gatekeep with gear like you used to.

Meanwhile, me trying to do finish the Hati questline.

If you can't tell, the person with the empty health bar and the one with the blue health are Alliance. The rest are Horde.
    its more to do with how sharding works in reality vs intention.

one side has a zerg, so people are funneled into the shard to counter it, but they get instant zerg ganked so they jump shards, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    now thats some massive BS i smell here, every time its tortollan emissary up i see alliance raids camping tortolan WQs both on zuldazar (mostly the tortolan camp in voldun) and on kul tiras, and i see them camping the FP in Terrace of the devoted a couple times a week and camping vulpera highway when its voldunai emissary

today alone i saw 1 group with 4 assassins during the nazmir invasion on EU

and lets not forget all the dungeon portal camping groups that were made when the 400 ilvl quest was up, you litteraly couldnt summon people to dungeon with warmode on for that whole week
    That's what it is here for horde. Consistently, "Oh look, can't turn in because Hordes camping the spot again". Difference being, the few "numbers" they've given us show us that the Alliance are in fact still the outnumbered ones. IE: the bonuses showing that there's more Horde and even with how BS that is Ion saying that while we had the 400 (soon to be immediately 385) ilvl loot the gap between how many Horde and Alliance players were in Warmode was only halved. Which means if before it had been 10 to 1 it was now 5 to 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Was the 10% available to both sides?
    Was the 15+% available to both sides?

Being outnumbered =! being unbalanced. Noone's fault (but alliance kids) that you're outnumbered
    Yeah, it kinda does. That's why they gave the bonus to outnumbered faction in the first place because the Horde MASSIVELY outnumbered the Alliance which meant that Horde could freely go where they wanted because they were pretty much guaranteed backup if anything happened while Alliance had to sit and wait it out or "turn it off" like that's an actual solution to the imbalance.

Like, you seem to be unaware of the way the events worked out.

Warmode is released.
    More Horde than Alliance.
    Horde able to overpower Alliance pretty much all the time.
    Alliance turn off WM because it's just not worth it with how much more Horde there are comparitively. At this point Horde can also turn it on because there's really no downside since they vastly outnumber the Alliance.
    Horde being to massively outnumber Alliance.
    More Alliance turn of WM because it's just not worth it.

You seem to forget that the bonus was really just supposed to be there to offset the time lost from doing PvP. Except, when one side has a massive advantage they get all the bonus without any of the loss while the other side gets all the loss with only a little bit of the bonus.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-03-16 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone's fault (but alliance kids) that you're outnumbered
    There are factually more players on horde than on alliance, and it is somehow the alliance's fault? Okay.. ..
    Speciation Is Gradual

guess you shouldnt have warmode on if you dont want to pvp. guess blizzard is partially to blame for adding pve incentives, but youre still the one that hit the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    guess you shouldnt have warmode on if you dont want to pvp. guess blizzard is partially to blame for adding pve incentives, but youre still the one that hit the button.
    I like how people consider 1 on 10-30 "pvp".

Was the 10% available to both sides?
    Was the 15+% available to both sides?

Being outnumbered =! being unbalanced. Noone's fault (but alliance kids) that you're outnumbered
    While OP should have just turned off war mode for this, you're way off the mark on this.

Balancing issues (Heroic ToT progression with trolls says hi) and racials made a lot of players roll Horde, and now that's carried along because why go back.

That's on Blizzard for making an unbalanced situation, not the players.

And no, Horde wasn't at risk at the same way. But if you think it's about whining, I'd point you to every thread from horde players about being ganked at flight paths and how quickly Blizzard adjusted the Against overwhelming odds (Lower reward, can't be done in a raid group).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While OP should have just turned off war mode for this, you're way off the mark on this.

Balancing issues (Heroic ToT progression with trolls says hi) and racials made a lot of players roll Horde, and now that's carried along because why go back.

That's on Blizzard for making an unbalanced situation, not the players.

And no, Horde wasn't at risk at the same way. But if you think it's about whining, I'd point you to every thread from horde players about being ganked at flight paths and how quickly Blizzard adjusted the Against overwhelming odds (Lower reward, can't be done in a raid group).
    First of all, check sims, alliance races BEEN better than horde races for a hot minute.
    Secondly, check any census site and you'd see that for max level players, it's 50:50 right now. The warmode discrepancy stems from alliance players not wanting to participate without compensation. 8.1 showed everyone this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    There are factually more players on horde than on alliance, and it is somehow the alliance's fault? Okay.. ..

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

so what you want to say is "alliance are generally more cowardly and don't put on warmode, despite populations being similar, thus leading to the imbalance" not "there are more horde than alliance"
    Last edited by rohoz; 2019-03-16 at 08:45 PM.

First of all, check sims, alliance races BEEN better than horde races for a hot minute.
    Secondly, check any census site and you'd see that for max level players, it's 50:50 right now. The warmode discrepancy stems from alliance players not wanting to participate without compensation. 8.1 showed everyone this.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php
    I actually went over this with someone else. For one thing, if we want to consider current racials (sans ZT and KT) Horde was better for something like 14 of 25 (dps) specs according to Bloodymallet.

If we go back in time there's a reason why after like what WotLK ALL top guilds were Horde. There's a reason the difference in Hall of Fames is like 10:1 in favor of Horde which stems from back then.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-03-16 at 08:49 PM.

Did you miss the point of me using Throne of thunder as an example?

Historically speaking, horde racials were far stronger.
    Even if they're closer now, the larger recruitment pool is horde because of those historically unbalanced racials, and no reason to go back alliance.

And even then, go check sims again yourself, plenty of horde racials still have the upper hand, like berserking or arcane torrent (especially for the aoe dispel)

What? You are out numbered and you wonder why died? Are you stupid? Who goes there where enemies out number you 1 to 20? "I wanna finish my quest"! Well too bad, there is enemies there. Either kill them or come back later, you idiot.