Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Nah, cause ganking is a problem that needs to be solved so there can be actual PvP like there was at one point.
    Ganking has always existed and can not be solved. When people are camping a spot they don't care about honor etc. The only way to solve it is by auto turning off PvP when X people group up or X people die in one spot. Which is dumb. If you don't want to deal with the threat of other players in a high profile spot turn off war mode. That is why you can turn it on and off to solve issues like this.

If you refuse to turn it off get your own counter group together. Can't find a group? Not worth the hassle? Then don't complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    How about no? 100+ Horde guilds clear mythic before Alliance does, and Method spent millions of gold and got a far higher ilvl advantage for the raid
    https://www.wowprogress.com/

Funny how there are alliance guilds in the top 20 if 100+ guilds beat alliance to a clear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    It went at 30% for several weeks before dazar'alor released. Please try to keep up.
    Your entire premise is wrong because you, for some reason, forget that faction assaults were live for several weeks (with the against overwhelming odds quest) before the raid released and increased the itemlevel of all content.

And the same number of horde has had their warmode on since 8.0 hit, pal.
    You seem to forget that the Against Overwhelming Odds quest only gave a 370 when it started. It was only complained about when they put it up to a 400 ilvl piece (which they even acknowledged it shouldn't have started at that) and nerfed it immediately to a 385 but more than that decided that 30% was now too much and dropped it to 15%.

And how do you know the same number of Horde has Warmode on? Doesn't really matter as the point is they still outnumber the Alliance which wouldn't really be a problem if it wasn't for them starting with the roving death squadrons which then make Alliance turn it off because there's no reason to get 10% bonus when you're spending 3-4 times longer dead because of said roving death squadrons.

What's hilarious is you're not seeing it. Look at people's responses here "Just turn off WM" yet when the Alliance got the 400 ilvl piece that one week apparently the Horde forgot there little tip and took to complaining until it AND the bonus Alliance get got nerfed.

I'm saying you can't accuse people of shifting goalposts when the first person to bring utility into the conversation was you.

Also, going through bloodmallet, most specs seem balanced across factions without any real outliers. You can stop being a martyr now.
    You did shift the goalpost.

You claimed alliance racials sim better right now.
    I said horde still has the upper hand, AND they have great utility to them. You decided to focus on the utility aspect after being pointed out that you were wrong.

Here's a little check for you.

Go look at raider.io and tell me how many top runs are alliance since shadowmeld is so great.

And then the hall of fame for the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Wouldn't mind giving us back that bonus we had which at least started to close the gap like Ion said and don't listen to the Horde after one week of it starting to fix it to drop us down to what it basically was before?
    But how would that fix your problem? A higher bonus will not increase the amount of hunters doing the Hati quest line. So this really has nothing to do with being ganked and everything to do with want an easy large buff.

- - - Updated - - -

What's hilarious is you're not seeing it. Look at people's responses here "Just turn off WM" yet when the Alliance got the 400 ilvl piece that one week apparently the Horde forgot there little tip and took to complaining until it AND the bonus Alliance get got nerfed.
    So they whined like you are now. What is your goal? To prove that both sides have whiners? Congrats for telling us something that everyone already knows. Both sides can be ganked. Alliance often steam rolls horde. You clearly have never heard of Anduin's knights. A community of Alliance players that come and break up any size horde raid group camping Alliance.

Its PvP. The side with the bigger player count will usually win the battle.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You did shift the goalpost.

You claimed alliance racials sim better right now.
    I said horde still has the upper hand, AND they have great utility to them. You decided to focus on the utility aspect after being pointed out that you were wrong.

Here's a little check for you.

Go look at raider.io and tell me how many top runs are alliance since shadowmeld is so great.

And then the hall of fame for the raid.
    Hall of fame for the raid has absolutely nothing to do with the relative strength of racials because horde have always had better raid progress, regardless. *backtracks to alliance v horde in vanilla*

If you want to say "better players gravitate toward horde for community reasons" you'd have a point, but racials aren't why people play horde. Community is.

And again, even if 60+percent of the raiding community raid on horde................................................

Faction population is still fucking balanced.

Hall of fame for the raid has absolutely nothing to do with the relative strength of racials because horde have always had better raid progress, regardless. *backtracks to alliance v horde in vanilla*

If you want to say "better players gravitate toward horde for community reasons" you'd have a point, but racials aren't why people play horde. Community is.

And again, even if 60+percent of the raiding community raid on horde................................................

Community that was made by racials and horde preference for years.

And that kinda is what I've been saying, the players who want to push went horde for recruitment because that's where everyone settled from when the racials WERE unbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well that's what you get for enabling Warmode.
    Ya use that argument again when Warmode is 30% and Horde are crying that the buff Alliance has it too strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But how would that fix your problem? A higher bonus will not increase the amount of hunters doing the Hati quest line. So this really has nothing to do with being ganked and everything to do with want an easy large buff.

- - - Updated - - -

So they whined like you are now. What is your goal? To prove that both sides have whiners? Congrats for telling us something that everyone already knows. Both sides can be ganked. Alliance often steam rolls horde. You clearly have never heard of Anduin's knights. A community of Alliance players that come and break up any size horde raid group camping Alliance.

Its PvP. The side with the bigger player count will usually win the battle.
    A higher bonus just means more people in WM in general for the side with the higher bonus. More people. More hunters. More hunters, this area might be civil or at the very least have a chance for a fight instead of a slaughter.

That or they could set it up like a queue system so you queue up for warmode and it doesn't actually give you the bonus or put you into the shard until there's a person on the opposite faction to equal it out. This would obviously take a lot of work because you'd want it to put people in the same areas on the same shards and the like, but it's better than having one side get so completely outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Community that was made by racials and horde preference for years.

And that kinda is what I've been saying, the players who want to push went horde for recruitment because that's where everyone settled from when the racials WERE unbalanced
    You'd have a point if the trollpocalypse was still a thing (which funny enough, there were *still* more belves on horde)

Also funny that you're ignoring emfh on a pvp forum. I yawn

Yeah, I looked that up, with the exception of like final bosses. Alliance got World First on most through like WOTLK. Then Horde got overpowered racials and fucking everything is Horde.

Hall of Fame has to do with the relative strength of old racials making hardcore raiders and top guilds go Horde and due to how ingrained that became there's no reason for them to go alliance because the raiding community is already on the Horde side.

Great, then let's make it at least worth it and buff the bonus back up to 30%. Then we can listen to the Horde cry about how it's not "fair". And give us our 400 piece back so the Horde can cry about how it's not "fair".

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny, cause originally when I completed it, but Blizzard messed up and forgot to fix it (Thorim wouldn't spawn if you had done Storm Peaks up to his kidnapping) everyone was actually being kind and civil.

- - - Updated - - -

I always love hearing the "turn it off" argument. I like PvP. I don't like 30 v 1 gangbangs that leave you unable to do anything but leave for half an hour and hope it's alleviated.
    Or or... maybe
    Leave for 5 minutes to turn off warmode and do the quest

"I want to get wpvp" never in all of WoW and it's history was gank squads not a thing

It's not fair
    It's never going to be fair
    It is your choice
    Wanna burn your hand in a fire and then complain you get burned...go ahead just don't expect people to care

You seem to forget that the Against Overwhelming Odds quest only gave a 370 when it started. It was only complained about when they put it up to a 400 ilvl piece (which they even acknowledged it shouldn't have started at that) and nerfed it immediately to a 385 but more than that decided that 30% was now too much and dropped it to 15%.

And how do you know the same number of Horde has Warmode on? Doesn't really matter as the point is they still outnumber the Alliance which wouldn't really be a problem if it wasn't for them starting with the roving death squadrons which then make Alliance turn it off because there's no reason to get 10% bonus when you're spending 3-4 times longer dead because of said roving death squadrons.

I'm just gonna laugh at you because you talk about "roving death squadrons" and comveniently ignore that BOTH factions camp. BOTH. Both with a B, meaning the two sides.

If both sides camp and pack roam, why should only one side get gear from it?

Okay so I think people have a very hard time understanding this, so I looked it up for ya. Check this out:

I know we are way past discussing whether the factions are balanced or not, but here's the hard truth: the factions are balanced.
    It is clear as day that you ONLY want your free hc ilvl item and have little to no care whether world pvp is balanced or not, which by the way has never been and ganking has been the part of it since vanilla Stranglethorn Vale and stuff.

"But dere ar mor hord mythic gilds den allince hurdur" - Yea that couple hundred players are the accurate representation of the two factions world wide.

Stop crying for hand-outs and either have WM on or off.

Yeah, I looked that up, with the exception of like final bosses. Alliance got World First on most through like WOTLK. Then Horde got overpowered racials and fucking everything is Horde.

Hall of Fame has to do with the relative strength of old racials making hardcore raiders and top guilds go Horde and due to how ingrained that became there's no reason for them to go alliance because the raiding community is already on the Horde side.
    Sir, what the actual fuck are you talking about?

https://www.method.gg/raid-history/vanilla

https://www.method.gg/raid-history/wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Okay so I think people have a very hard time understanding this, so I looked it up for ya. Check this out:

I know we are way past discussing whether the factions are balanced or not, but here's the hard truth: the factions are balanced.
    It is clear as day that you ONLY want your free hc ilvl item and have little to no care whether world pvp is balanced or not, which by the way has never been and ganking has been the part of it since vanilla Stranglethorn Vale and stuff.

"But dere ar mor hord mythic gilds den allince hurdur" - Yea that couple hundred players are the accurate representation of the two factions world wide.

Stop crying for hand-outs and either have WM on or off.
    It's funny because none of these charts show how many have WM on and off which is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT.

How about you guys stopped crying when we got 30% and it was actually starting to go towards balanced?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know. Go look at them. Like I said, with the Exception of final bosses look at how many are Alliance. There's a fuck ton of them. Then Horde get better racials and it's pretty much nothing but Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna laugh at you because you talk about "roving death squadrons" and comveniently ignore that BOTH factions camp. BOTH. Both with a B, meaning the two sides.

If both sides camp and pack roam, why should only one side get gear from it?
    Because your side has a fuck ton more. If there's 1 Alliance group roaming, there's like 10 Horde. You seem to so conveniently ignore this fact. Like, I love how you Horde are apparently so bad that even when you outnumber us massively you somehow still lose fights.

It's funny because none of these charts show how many have WM on and off which is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT.

How about you guys stopped crying when we got 30% and it was actually starting to go towards balanced?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know. Go look at them. Like I said, with the Exception of final bosses look at how many are Alliance. There's a fuck ton of them. Then Horde get better racials and it's pretty much nothing but Horde.
    Who the fuck cares about non end bosses #1, #2, post your data or shut the fuck up, #3, WoTLK and TBC were before racial revamp.

You'd have a point if the trollpocalypse was still a thing (which funny enough, there were *still* more belves on horde)

Also funny that you're ignoring emfh on a pvp forum. I yawn
    There's no point in discussing this when you just keep deflecting.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Or or... maybe
    Leave for 5 minutes to turn off warmode and do the quest

"I want to get wpvp" never in all of WoW and it's history was gank squads not a thing

It's not fair
    It's never going to be fair
    It is your choice
    Wanna burn your hand in a fire and then complain you get burned...go ahead just don't expect people to care
    Great, let's roll it back to the end of January and you can tell that to the Horde that were complaining back then.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because your side has a fuck ton more. If there's 1 Alliance group roaming, there's like 10 Horde. You seem to so conveniently ignore this fact. Like, I love how you Horde are apparently so bad that even when you outnumber us massively you somehow still lose fights.
    Just say you want your welfare gear and go. All of the mental gymnastics (horrible, horrible gymnastics) are just unwarranted and are wasting both our time

Who the fuck cares about non end bosses #1, #2, post your data or shut the fuck up, #3, WoTLK and TBC were before racial revamp.
    Plenty of people cared because back then you had to experiment and learn and there were no journals and it was actually an achievement?

- - - Updated - - -

Just say you want your welfare gear and go. All of the mental gymnastics (horrible, horrible gymnastics) are just unwarranted and are wasting both our time
    It's funny because you say I want welfare gear when I never even did Against Overwhelming Odds. Not ONCE. So, how is it that I could just want it when I never did in the first place? Hell, if you want I'll see if I can get Blizzard to stamp and sign a statement that I never completed it on ANY of my characters.

The mental gymnastics are all on your side btw.