Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Wait, you're saying Blizzard needs a new IP, but then go to say everything people want are old IP's, and don't suggest anything new. I'm confused.
    It's a thread title mishap. Vegas pointed it out early on (first few responses), but I can't change the thread title. If you feel like updating it, knock your socks off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they don't, they have plenty of income.

Though, what they needed for a better boost was to not see one of their legendary franchises die to a mobilegame, Diablo.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Sorry folks, BFA isn't cutting it.

Activision-Blizzard is trying to get our hard earned money, yet they only have some success. I occasionally play on a friends account, but there is nothing really compelling me to subscribe. It all feels too mainstream. I'm supposed to see the graphical wonders and experience rapid leveling... they say "Ohhh" "Ahhh" ... except I can see all this in other games without a monthly subscription. I officially unsubbed years ago, so thats out of the way.

I feel that the currently renditioned WoW is simply not for me.

There is Classic, which is great and all. A nice throwback to how WoW used to be, before corporate greed & been counters set in. I'll surely give that game a hearty chance.

But the WoW genre is dying overall. This isn't the usual "WoW is dying" statement", though.

It's a combination of Activision-Blizzard's distrust among consumers at Blizzcon, to really, their shoddy practices with regard to fan retention, thanks to BFA. Keywords - boredom, lackluster, bad.

I believe that Activision-Blizzard needs to use another IP to survive. In a poll (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-you-want-next) users seem to indicate WC4, WoSC, WoDiablo, and WoW 2 as candidates. Opinions are mixed, yet these are the top choices:

WC4 = Warcraft 4 RTS
    WoSC = World of StarCraft
    WoW 2 = World of Warcraft 2 (patch 1.x)
    WoDiablo = World of Diablo

Activision-Blizzard is in a world of hurt 2019, with regard to WoW. Possibly 2020 also and beyond.

Classic will bring "new-old" people in 2019. Thats good.

However, Activision-Blizzard needs NEW people. Not the same people, simply paying more on average month after month, to receive the same service the used to get years ago for cheaper.

I think Activision-Blizzard really needs something new in their pocket. They have IP's just wasting away.

They need to put them to use. ... or just continue to widdle away..
    heartstone alone brings in a lot of cash lol, not to mention wow

They are fine. Besides that they can't just create a top notch AAA game withing a couple years anyway. It takes years and years before profit comes in. So actually starting to develop another game right now will push them further down the line.

So yeah stupid suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blackout came out in 2018.

And yea this post is laughable, their stock was way over inflated after years of false promises of "making ALL the money" to investors and it finally caught up to them hence the massive stock drop. They on the other hand are still a massively profitable company that literally just posted record profits for the year. OP made this post without putting much thought into this one, sure is a doozy.
    They are currently a massively profitable company, yes. I did put thought into this one, and there is no guarantee the future will be as bright as 2018, as I indicated.

There is no doubt that Activision-Blizzard is currently profitable. I keep reading about mobile market saturation, and another article about Nintendo being unhappy with mobile MTX's, while trying to pick new partners to work with, to make quality games without negative press. Large companies seem to be shying away from the ugly stigma of mobile greed. I don't think Diablo Immortal is the savior, at the end of the day, for Activision-Blizzard. China was in the news too, creating new legislation for various aspects relating to Video Games (hot topic was mobile and PC markets).

Activision-Blizzard can resurrect their old games, but in the end it can only go so far. They need billions, not millions.

And the old IP's sit around, collecting dust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    heartstone alone brings in a lot of cash lol, not to mention wow
    ..but not as much as they used to. And their individual revenues are declining. Reported MAU's, Blizzard's lack of enthusiasm for OW .. lack of enthusiasm for company growth, then layoffs, etc.

MTX could fill the gap, but for how long?

In their best year ever. Mmm Hmm..
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-16 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    It's just that it's supposed to be the basis of their huge eSports investment. It should be a rising star in their game repertoire instead of the stagnant "oh OW? Yeah.. I guess it was totally OK game..but nothing's really changed in it since 2016".
    People think esports = monetary and widespread success. It doesnt.

Yes, a company making record profits definitely needs a new product to survive right now /s.

What, you think Blizzard's finances exist in a vaccum? They're part of the biggest gaming corporation on the planet. Blizzard is totally fine on that front. And even if Activision wasn't part of the discussion, WoW is still one of the most profitable PC games of them all. You guys are really reading way too much shit on dropping stocks and layoff of non-essential personnel.

Activision-Blizzard can resurrect their old games, but in the end it can only go so far. They need billions, not millions.
    No the investors and the CEO wants Billions, They don't need Billions. The bubble has popped on that shit and the effect is starting to take a hold.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No the investors and the CEO wants Billions, They don't need Billions. The bubble has popped on that shit and the effect is starting to take a hold.
    Indeed, but if they don't get Billions, whether needed or not, it could be bad for the other employees and / or their benefits =D

Something will give, and it won't be the CEO's salary, bonus's or the stock value. (IMO, naturally)
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-16 at 10:01 PM.

Indeed, but if they don't get Billions, whethere neede or not, it could be bad for the other employees =D
    Its going to be bad for the other employees ether way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Stop saying "wow 2" It will never exist, or it will be a patch of actual wow.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Stop saying "wow 2" It will never exist, or it will be a patch of actual wow.
    Or it will be a mobile version
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

They are currently a massively profitable company, yes. I did put thought into this one, and there is no guarantee the future will be as bright as 2018, as I indicated.
    You know what there is also no gaurantee of?

There is no guarantee that they "need a new IP to survive". You are the one that made this thread, and you provided no evidence to back up your bullshit premonitions that they need to do something to survive when they have posted record profits for 5 straight years. That's a trend in case you missed it and the trend points upwards, not downwards.

Nice try to deflect but that kind of backfired on you huh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They're part of the biggest gaming corporation on the planet.
    Biggest? Not even top 5.

You know what there is also no gaurantee of?

There is no guarantee that they "need a new IP to survive". You are the one that made this thread, and you provided no evidence to back up your bullshit premonitions that they need to do something to survive when they have posted record profits for 5 straight years. That's a trend in case you missed it and the trend points upwards, not downwards.

Nice try to deflect but that kind of backfired on you huh...
    I believe i properly identified it as an OpEd.

It's all speculation. The evidence is simply a lack of much else other than some games from the "Activision" portion, nothing from the "Blizzard" portion, and a whole lot of unsustainable MTX to burden old customers, instead of attracting new customers.

Call of Duty 2019 is gonna be another smashing success in your eyes. So good that Activision-Blizzard will lay off more people, while still realizing their true potential.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

(it's OK to be confronted, I've been in your shoes before, with mismatched socks)
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-16 at 11:43 PM.

I believe i properly identified it as an OpEd.

It's all speculation. The evidence is simply a lack of much else other than some games from the "Activision" portion, nothing from the "Blizzard" portion, and a whole lot of unsustainable MTX to burden old customers, instead of attracting new customers.
    You realize just because you say something doesn't make it evidence right? You need to actually back it up... with numbers. Good luck on that sunshine.

Call of Duty 2019 is gonna be another smashing success in your eyes.
    #1 selling game in every single year that rockstar doesn't release a game in. Yes I would say so, care to try to claim why it won't be?

So good that Activision-Blizzard will lay off more people, while still realizing their true potential.
    Yes if they maintain similar revenue and can decrease operating costs that means they net even more profits and are a successful company that doesn't need help surviving? For someone trying to debate their claims you sure do a great job of proving you are wrong all by yourself.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?
    Sure it's called actually looking at the sales and revenue data. Try it sometime.

it's OK to be confronted
    Yes, I hope you realize this since everyone is calling you on making a really bad and baseless topic.

Yes, I hope you realize this since everyone is calling you on making a really bad and baseless topic.
    Have a cookie dear, and it will all be better later.

They need to stop destroying their current IPs first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I don't think the company is even close to be considered dying.
    It's not. It won't. They could burn WoW to the ground today and still post a hefty profit. Because Blizzard is Blizzard in name only. Beneath the facade is Activision doing anything they want to do.

As somebody said earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They really don't. CoD and their mobile games are enough for the company to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    Because Blizzard is Blizzard in name only. Beneath the facade is Activision doing anything they want to do.
    I hate to break it to you but how blizzard is now is how they have always been and there has only been 2 years in the company's life they wasn't owned by a bigger company and that was before they called themselves blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard needs to survive it must seperate themselves for ActiNoVision.