Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Just a thought...

We can use money to buy tokens, which can be sold for in game gold - this allows us to:

We can use that gold to buy bis gear;
    Either directly, through high lvl BOE
    or less directly, buy purchasing raid clears / M+ clears

We can buy pvp ratings / gear (although depending on how, it is probably shady)
    We can buy some mounts (not all obviously)
    We can buy character levels / boosts (either through blizzard or through IE clears / dungeon clears)
    We can buy all other services with money such as race changes / faction changes

However, blizzard have removed all ways to quickly farm Rep with any factions? All of the previous ways to farm rep at your own pace have been removed, such as the tabards. All heavily gated and time restricted, and certainly no way to BUY it no matter how rich you are.

One of if not the main feature of BfA is the allied races, all of which are locked behind.............the one thing that you cannot buy with money?

Am i the only one who finds this strange?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but it's not unexpected. If they did that it'd screw with their Monthly Active Users thing.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We can use money to buy tokens, which can be sold for in game gold - this allows us to:

We can buy character levels / boosts (either through blizzard or through IE clears / dungeon clears)

However, blizzard have removed all ways to quickly farm Rep with any factions? All of the previous ways to farm rep at your own pace have been removed, such as the tabards. All heavily gated and time restricted, and certainly no way to BUY it no matter how rich you are.

One of if not the main feature of BfA is the allied races, all of which are locked behind.............the one thing that you cannot buy with money?

wrong on all points
    anyway a mod won't close this clownfiesta. inc "wow is dead" "mau mau mau" kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Yes but it's not unexpected. If they did that it'd screw with their Monthly Active Users thing.
    Could be a point. I guess i just find it strange THAT is where they draw the line? Thinking about it though you are right - all the things linked could be completed quite quickly and without very much time actually in game. So maybe it is just a reason to keep people playing more frequently and for longer.?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    wrong on all points
    anyway a mod won't close this clownfiesta. inc "wow is dead" "mau mau mau" kids.
    Wrong on all points? please explain how any point is wrong. Or are you just another shitposting troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a point. I guess i just find it strange THAT is where they draw the line? Thinking about it though you are right - all the things linked could be completed quite quickly and without very much time actually in game. So maybe it is just a reason to keep people playing more frequently and for longer.?

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong on all points? please explain how any point is wrong. Or are you just another shitposting troll?
    It's also the reason that since at least Mists (can't remember about WoD) that we've had no tabards or ways to boost rep via commendation. They've provided less and less content while making it last much longer. Dead and gone is the WoW of the past, sadly likely never to return not even through necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account

Most of the points you have mentioned can indeed be purchased with money in one way or the other but most your examples are fed by you purchasing from another player - not Blizzard.

As well, not all methods of easy reputation is gone. For example, you can farm some easily right now, with Timewalking. As well, the tabards are still there but for certain content, tokens for others, farmable mobs at complete others.

In the end, the destruction isn't the services but certain player's desire to have instant gratification and instant demand to everything, so they seek out players for offers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Most of the points you have mentioned can indeed be purchased with money in one way or the other but most your examples are fed by you purchasing from another player - not Blizzard.

As well, not all methods of easy reputation is gone. For example, you can farm some easily right now, with Timewalking. As well, the tabards are still there but for certain content, tokens for others, farmable mobs at complete others.

In the end, the destruction isn't the services but certain player's desire to have instant gratification and instant demand to everything, so they seek out players for offers.
    So how can you farm rep for KT humans quickly? Or are you just using very, very outdated reps from 3+ expacs ago? You are using a lot of VERY vague language and examples, when the thread is specifically targeted towards allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the idea is to have at least one thing in the game that you need to play the game for.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's pretty much just lowering the amount of rep so people stay subbed longer while unlocking Allied Races.

Back in Legion you got like 250 rep for an elite quest, 75 for normal and 150 was it for a blue one?

Now it's 75 for every WQ.

The Allied Race system in general is a scummy one anyway. Unlocking them is just a timegate which keeps sub money in and most people race change or boost one and Blizzard know it.

This is the slippery slope that started happening with the cash shop and token sales. This is what happens when finance dbags take over all decision making in a social creative experience company.

ummm..no. You can use that gold to buy high level boes, that may be best in slot. And you can buy RNG rolls on bosses and a weekly chest to pray that you even get an upgrade and not a piece for a slot that already has a piece of equal to or greater ilvl.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

And they've added in the reduced rep for higher levels so running the old content doesn't give as much rep as it used to unless you are running it at intended level. granted, that was how it was but they added the QoL change to make it the same no matter level and have since removed that again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Perhaps the idea is to have at least one thing in the game that you need to play the game for.
    Oh i totally agree, and i guess i just find it strange they would draw the line with rep, rather than gearing./

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    ummm..no. You can use that gold to buy high level boes, that may be best in slot. And you can buy RNG rolls on bosses and a weekly chest to pray that you even get an upgrade and not a piece for a slot that already has a piece of equal to or greater ilvl.
    I am glad we agree. Its strange, you start by saying "no" and then go on to completely agree with the statement?

10+ Year Old Account
    So how can you farm rep for KT humans quickly? Or are you just using very, very outdated reps from 3+ expacs ago? You are using a lot of VERY vague language and examples, when the thread is specifically targeted towards allied races.
    You were the one bringing older methods into the topic, hence it was mentioned.

As for Kul Tiran, well, you have had plenty of time. Just leveling in the content gets you to honored minimum. Honestly, people have had a check list and time to get this done and suddenly acting like it is a grandure of problem.

And let us then relapse to the part of where most your examples sprout from the demand of services from other players - not Blizzard. The fact they don't add a shortcut yet proves that they haven't given up on the game yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i totally agree, and i guess i just find it strange they would draw the line with rep, rather than gearing./
    You need to play the game to gear too, unless you use gold to purchase from other players a method of gearing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad we agree. Its strange, you start by saying "no" and then go on to completely agree with the statement?
    Ok need to rephrase. You said we can buy BIS. When that isn't entirely true. What you buy is weekly RNG runs hoping that what drops is even useable let alone getting lucky enough for BIS. For some people, that BIS gear takes longer than farming the reputations.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Replace the word "can" with "can't" and you'll have what he meant to say. Its obvious what he was saying. If I'm wrong please explain to me how you can BUY the RNG of the weekly chest and boss drops. I'm curious so I can go and BUY those for my characters....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i totally agree, and i guess i just find it strange they would draw the line with rep, rather than gearing.
    I don't think you can easily buy flying with real money/gold. You have to play the game for that too. I'm fine with this and think there should be more of it. It's a no-win for Blizzard though. The more they make it so players have to play the more they get accused of being greedy. Make no mistake: a lot of people who angrily yell at Blizzard here are buying their way through the game and complaining about the stuff they can't buy.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't think you can easily buy flying with real money/gold. You have to play the game for that too. I'm fine with this and think there should be more of it. It's a no-win for Blizzard though. The more they make it so players have to play the more they get accused of being greedy. Make no mistake: a lot of people who angrily yell at Blizzard here are buying their way through the game and complaining about the stuff they can't buy.
    So there seems to be some confusion. I am totally fine with playing the game to earn rewards. I find it very strange that they remove that requirement for gear, and other features, but not allied races. I would prefer it if there was far, far fewer BOE items, and titan forging was removed to reduce the speed at which players level. When purchasing gear with real money has become a serious progression path for players, including the best in the world, there are issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Replace the word "can" with "can't" and you'll have what he meant to say. Its obvious what he was saying. If I'm wrong please explain to me how you can BUY the RNG of the weekly chest and boss drops. I'm curious so I can go and BUY those for my characters....
    So loot boxes dont count? You realise thats what the weekly chest is, yes? And you are being very disingenuous by saying "yeah, but i might NOT get the bis item" while completely ignoring the fact that you also might get your bis item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ok need to rephrase. You said we can buy BIS. When that isn't entirely true. What you buy is weekly RNG runs hoping that what drops is even useable let alone getting lucky enough for BIS. For some people, that BIS gear takes longer than farming the reputations.
    Oh it absolutely is entirely true. What i didnt mention was that it does require luck - just like it does for everyone else - rng exists for everyone, no matter the method they choose to acquire gear......with the exception of buying ilvl400+ loot off the AH for real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lol, so people paying for a mythic mount kills the game HOW?

Reaching deep bruv

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You were the one bringing older methods into the topic, hence it was mentioned.

As for Kul Tiran, well, you have had plenty of time. Just leveling in the content gets you to honored minimum. Honestly, people have had a check list and time to get this done and suddenly acting like it is a grandure of problem.

And let us then relapse to the part of where most your examples sprout from the demand of services from other players - not Blizzard. The fact they don't add a shortcut yet proves that they haven't given up on the game yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to play the game to gear too, unless you use gold to purchase from other players a method of gearing.
    Which i do......lol its a major part of this thread. You absolutely can gear your character without actually doing any content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Lol, so people paying for a mythic mount kills the game HOW?

Reaching deep bruv
    Who said anything about the game dying? dont be so pathetic. Either say something on topic or keep lurking. You ignored ppl paying for full sets of gear, and ignored the fact that this thread is about REP