Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

St Patrick's Day dinner?

So tomorrow is St Patrick's Day for those that weren't aware. Anyone planning on doing some cultural appropriation dinner of corned beef & cabbage tomorrow? My boyfriend and I are having corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes tomorrow. I still don't know for sure if I'm Irish or Scottish so it may or may not be cultural appropriation for me. He's Mexican so for him it is lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots in a stew cooked in a slow cooker over 6 hours tonight since won't have time available with fiance tomorrow.

Stop caring about what other people think. If you want to use a widely recognized event as an excuse to shake up your daily routine, do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheppard's pie and guinness

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Stop caring about what other people think. If you want to use a widely recognized event as an excuse to shake up your daily routine, do it.
    The whole cultural appropriation thing was a joke. I was joking around with my boyfriend just today about how tomorrow is Irish cultural appropriation day and how everyone will be "a little Irish" tomorrow just like how people do that on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope the majority of my Heritage is Yorkshire English and Lower land Saxon German. No Irish so I’ll be waiting for Oktoberfest lol
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yes, we'll be having corned beef and cabbage tomorrow.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even realize people ate St. Patrick's dinners in the States. I thought everyone just went to pubs/bars and got wasted, while kids hit each other with beads

Made me realize I don't know many Irish foods
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Im gonna not have potatoes in honor of the irish

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So tomorrow is St Patrick's Day for those that weren't aware. Anyone planning on doing some cultural appropriation dinner of corned beef & cabbage tomorrow? My boyfriend and I are having corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes tomorrow. I still don't know for sure if I'm Irish or Scottish so it may or may not be cultural appropriation for me. He's Mexican so for him it is lol
    We used to do morning breakfast at our local irish pub - they open at 8am on St Patrick's Day . A big Irish stew with two pints of Guinness really starts the day right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope not a fan of Irish food at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No lie, I didn't even know corned beef + cabbage and shepherd pie were something Irish people ate on St. Patrick's Day. Those were fast budget meals we ate growing up.

Now I want some with some rye bread and mashed potatoes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What's funny actually is, Corned Beef and Cabbage is not "Irish" it's Irish-American. Corned beef was a substitute for meat they could not afford to purchase in the States, after immigrating here, thanks to the "No Irish need apply" mentality after the mass Migration. Though, yes I plan to slow cook a Corned beef, with Cabbage, Carrots, and Potatoes with a bottle of Guinness. Happy Irish Heritage Day!
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2019-03-17 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally do and am half Irish (and half hillbilly, what a combo, its the same thing, lol!), but eh, fuck it. I'm making plain cheeseburgers and potato chips instead.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Did corned beef and cabbage with carrots potato onion and leeks with guinness tonight. Leftovers tomorrow and no need to cook.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Am I the only one who converts corned beef into pastrami? Not too difficult to do with a smoker, although I'd do this any time of the year... it's just easier to find corned beef and that specific cut of meat cheaper this time of year.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I normally do and am half Irish (and half hillbilly, what a combo, its the same thing, lol!), but eh, fuck it. I'm making plain cheeseburgers and potato chips instead.
    TBF, Hillbilly is one of these terms that has origins many forget, but most believe it derived from the belief that most of the settlers from Scotland and northern Ireland were followers of king William of Orange, and happened to take home in the Appalachia mountains, due to it being similar to the regions they lived in before immigration. Ok... I will turn the History nerd mode off now. >.<

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about a corned beef roast with potatoes and carrots (I'm not big on cabbage so will probably skip that part).

And I'm going to drink some Guinness, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    TBF, Hillbilly is one of these terms that has origins many forget, but most believe it derived from the belief that most of the settlers from Scotland and northern Ireland were followers of king William of Orange, and happened to take home in the Appalachia mountains, due to it being similar to the regions they lived in before immigration. Ok... I will turn the History nerd mode off now. >.<
    Its all good! I'm always up for a good history lesson.

I wasn't expecting anyone to get what I was talking about tbh. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm thinking about a corned beef roast with potatoes and carrots (I'm not big on cabbage so will probably skip that part).

I'm not big on cabbage either but I do happened to like it when its cooked together with carrots, meat, and potatoes. Stuffed cabbage (I liked stuffed peppers far more though) is decent as well.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    "culture appropriation"

yikes op

not that the bar was set high in the first place, but the quality of the shit posters on this forum has drastically gone down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm not big on cabbage either but I do happened to like it when its cooked together with carrots, meat, and potatoes. Stuffed cabbage (I liked stuffed peppers far more though) is decent as well.
    I love the taste of cooked cabbage. When you cook it in a crockpot with something like the corned beef, it absorbs the flavor of the other stuff and makes it even tastier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    "culture appropriation"

yikes op

not that the bar was set high in the first place, but the quality of the shit posters on this forum has drastically gone down
    Dude it was a joke. Its as much cultural appropriation as having Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th)