Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Elf lifespan- would a player BE remember Suramar?

So I have a lore/RP question. Would a Blood Elf that's alive in-game right now and healthy enough to be a warrior be able to remember the exile from Suramar? I like the idea of a BE and his Nightborne grandparent reuniting but I'm not sure if it's realistic...

EDIT: Crap, there's an RP subforum. Sorry mods! I'm blind as a bat, didn't see it. Move this if need be, my apologies.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2019-03-17 at 06:13 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the oldest known Blood Elf was Anasterian at 3000ish but he was considered pretty old, so 10,000 years seems unlikely

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it seems like the lifespan of elves in the lore has been fucked up completely...

It was just that they lived long, but Nozdormu blessed Nordassil to make the NE immortal, presumably that would not have extended to the soon to be nightborne hiding under a dome, or the soon to be exiled Highborne who the Dragons were probly also just as mad at as the NEs, because it was meant as a sort of reward for the NE for helping fight off the Legion, and so that they could use their immortality to protect Nodrassil and the Well of Eternity.

So, 10,000 years passed, and somehow we have nightborne who were alive 10,000 years ago, when presumably the only reason we have NEs still alive from 10,000 years ago was due to Nozdormu's blessing. So either Nozdormu was not selective with his blessing (even though it was specifically meant for the Night Elves), or the lore is fucked.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Honestly it seems like the lifespan of elves in the lore has been fucked up completely...

It was just that they lived long, but Nozdormu blessed Nordassil to make the NE immortal, presumably that would not have extended to the soon to be nightborne hiding under a dome, or the soon to be exiled Highborne who the Dragons were probly also just as mad at as the NEs, because it was meant as a sort of reward for the NE for helping fight off the Legion, and so that they could use their immortality to protect Nodrassil and the Well of Eternity.

So, 10,000 years passed, and somehow we have nightborne who were alive 10,000 years ago, when presumably the only reason we have NEs still alive from 10,000 years ago was due to Nozdormu's blessing. So either Nozdormu was not selective with his blessing (even though it was specifically meant for the Night Elves), or the lore is fucked.
    Aren’t the Nightborne so old because of the Eye of Aman’Thul and the Nightwell. The Eye seems to have some power over time, so it would make sense if it allowed the Nightborne to live so long.

they completely fucked the aging of thalassian elves with that edgy rogue loser in the pre-patch being 10k.

so yes, a BE player could remember suramar.

i much preferred thalassian elves having a shorter lifespan, to further differentiate them from night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    presumably that would not have extended to the soon to be nightborne hiding under a dome

[...]

Well you said it yourself; PRESUMABLY it didn't extend to the Night Elves under the dome; but they were, at the time, still Night Elves. They would not become Nightborne until many, many years later when the Nightwell changed them. It could very well be that despite them being under their dome, Nozdormu's change did affect them.

Imagine being level 1 for 10000 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

No

/10characters

It was stated somewhere or another that player Blood Elves are recently born, so players wouldn't remember it.

As for the rest of the lore, it's completely fucked.

I just wish Blizzard said what are the birth rates per Warcraft year per race.

At this point, they are either breeding like rabbits or they are killing each other in to extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I just wish Blizzard said what are the birth rates per Warcraft year per race.

At this point, they are either breeding like rabbits or they are killing each other in to extinction.
    I don't, they would not care about that in future stories anyways.
    On topic: very unlikely unless your character is a veeeery special snowflake

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe, possibly, perhaps.

Lorash is 7k years old and he was still pretty youthful in appearance and action.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Blood elves are weird ... while they won't remember Suramar ... some are old enough to be one or two generations (essentially their Grandparents were alive during the Sundering that split up the continents) removed from the Sundering which implies that Blood Elves live over 3000 years at least.

Honestly, there are things like that were I don't think Blizzard understands their own lore.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

All elves (including pre-Sundering/post-WC3 kaldorei) were originally stated to naturally live only a few thousand years.

Blizzard however screwed the pooch and now we have 5,000+ nightborne and blood elves that remember the night elves, despite interactions in WC3 basically portraying the night elves as essentially a forgotten race with Kalimdor being essentially a mythical place like Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the "naturally live only a few thousand years" absent extremely low birth rates was retarded already.
    Afaik, there was never a canon source that stated the fertility rates of any of the elves. Several blood elf NPCs have multiple children and they were at least fertile enough to leave behind a few babies on Outland (such as Salandria).

So elves probably have (or had?) fertility rates in line with that of other EK races like humans, dwarves and gnomes.

I mean the "naturally live only a few thousand years" absent extremely low birth rates was retarded already.
    Considering elves reach maturity at pretty much the same time as humans, are descendant of trolls it makes no sense for them to actually have low fertility rates, it is most likely a choice not to have many children.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they completely fucked the aging of thalassian elves with that edgy rogue loser in the pre-patch being 10k.

so yes, a BE player could remember suramar.

i much preferred thalassian elves having a shorter lifespan, to further differentiate them from night elves.

not really.

Lorash mentions feeling the suffering his family endured. Which could possibly put him as the child of one of the night elven Sunstriders who particularly died off.. at most he is nearly 7,000 years old.. which is at least 3,000 years short.

Secondly. His night elven ancestors were Zin'Azshari palace highborne, they won't have had much to do with Suramar.. it is the place the alliance night elves are from.

Lifespan isn't the issue, in my eyes. A person's memory however...do you remember events in your life from last year, 10 years ago, 20? I think it's safe to assume that even elves that lived during the events of Suramar may have completely forgotten about it, among other things.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Lifespan isn't the issue, in my eyes. A person's memory however...do you remember events in your life from last year, 10 years ago, 20? I think it's safe to assume that even elves that lived during the events of Suramar may have completely forgotten about it, among other things.
    Well I think elven memory is a bit different from a humans, considering Tyrande remembered living in Suramar, Lorash remembered his childhood six-seven thousand years ago etc

- - - Updated - - -

Which means that with lifespans that long we should be swimming in elves.
    Why do you think so few blood elves participate in battles? Non stop blood elf only orgy in Silvermoon, their gonna drown the world in elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Lorash's great age may be the result of external interference of some kind - magic, or another power he's encountered in his life, or it could be an anomaly of some kind as the Highborne Night Elves were becoming what would later be known as High Elves. That being said, I don't think Lorash's singular long lifespan retcons or otherwise invalidates the general lifespan of the High or Blood Elves - he's an exception to the rule, but WoW has many such exceptions with beings who have used magic of some kind to extend their own lifespans to varying degrees (e.g. Meryl, Aegwynn, the servants of Razelikh, Xarantaur, as well as the Lightforged in general).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead