Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you think.... next wow expansion?

So im just curious what people think the next expansion will be like. Now im NOT talking about theme but rather the gameplay ie; the systems.

Do you think that we will see YET AGAIN systems like the mission table? Will wq come back? Will there be some form of AP whether it be another artifact piece like heart of azeroth or just some form of AP resource? Will gear progression continue as it is?

Ofc we have no idea what will come but we have some basis from legion and bfa.

I believe as much as i HATE them, mission tables, wq, and some sort of AP will return in the next expac... what are your thoughts?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully a class or spec system that is gonna make the classes feel alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Hopefully a class or spec system that is gonna make the classes feel alive again.
    Yea that begs another question? Will we finally get new spells or just sit at the same shit again

To be honest I think it's probably been planned for a long time now, it could be basically anything... my guess though is they
    probably make it a fairly remote thing like some obscure climate/racial thing t where they can just show off technology mainly and stuff similar
    to some past expansions.

Blizzard has a habit of going around people's expectations and I wouldn't expect that to change now...

Like in terms of gearing why cant we go bk just to normal gearing without artifact/azerite pieces and titanforging....

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Yea that begs another question? Will we finally get new spells or just sit at the same shit again
    It's high time we got new spells and add another row for talents and/or remove 0 picked ones or make them passive/fused into another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Since classes & specs were the main concern in whole BFA I am quite convinced that there will be a complete overhaul of how classes / specs in combination with gear will work. The theme of the expansion does not really matter. The way you play has to feel like the game really evolved.

As long as spells are bound to talent spec instead of the class I'm not coming back. Classes are so boring and generic now.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's a great possibility that any long term popularity (and positive feedback about its design and implementation) of Classic WoW might cause this 180-turn.

On the other hand, if the above does happen (who knows, Classic might see a player return surge and then flop hard) the joint subscription will allow them to hide their already assigned plans for the next expansion behind it. But at least, they will probably get the message for the 2nd next expansion.
    /spit@Blizzard

I'll go out on a limb with this one:

People want tier sets back, and they will return, I have a feeling they might change them to only work inside raid zones or even the current raid zone, sort of like how the +150 primary stat cloak/ring in BoD is right now. That would keep it from interfering from M+/PVP. They could go even further and still give certain slots like certain powers, but the tier piece would have something additional while inside the raid so you'd want to use it.

I think the BoD 2piece set is a hint of what's to come in the future with tier set bonuses.

Given the devs increasing dependance on mobile games rather than rpgs for mechanic ideas i imagine they will integrate some form of energy system for world quests. Something that you grind a residue style resource to refill to instantly pop them all again. Sold as 'giving the player freedom of choice to do what they want, when they want' followed by a shitstorm of people saying they are not let into mythic+ because they arent grinding to repop quests for welfare epics more often or something.

WoW has slowly changed over the expansions from a MMORPG to a glorified MOBA. What people want is a MMORPG but going back to a MMORPG means Blizzard admitting they were wrong all those years, so that will never happen.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a level squish, making:

-"Vanilla cata" content 1-40, (post-cata vanilla)

-TBC, Wrath 30-40 (the pre-cata expansions)

- Mist and Cata - 40-50 (post-cata continuation)

-Warlords 50-55 (the post-Garrosh-fuckups)

-Legion 55-60

-BFA 60-65

With this change, players can mount at level 10, would gain 100% ground speed mount at level 20 and flying at level 30 and would have a seemingly continued story arch since they can skip pre-cata contents.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2019-03-18 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I'm hoping for a level squish, making:
    -"Vanilla cata" content 1-40,
    -TBC, Wrath and Cata 40-60,
    -Mist and Warlords 60-70,
    -Legion 70-75,
    -BFA 75-80.

With this change, players would gain 100% ground speed mount at level 30 and flying at level 40.
    Wut no, first 60% mount should be on lvl 40 and 100% mount on lvl 60. Flying on max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    Wut no, first 60% mount should be on lvl 40 and 100% mount on lvl 60. Flying on max level.
    If players can learn to ride their Mount at level 20, there's no stopping you to learn it at level 40.

1) Class overhauls for every class. This has been the #1 complaint with BfA and Blizzard has heard it loud and clear. Expect many of the heart of Azeroth abilities coming in 8.2 to be baseline in 9.0.

2) Scaling back Titanforging again. Blizzard scaled it back once with BfA but didnt go far enough according to the majority of the community.

3) More interesting gear will be made like Crucible of Storms, less stat sticks.

4) AP will re-tooled to give more agency to the player. Possibly used as a currency to purchase gear upgrades such as sockets, thunderforges, and affixes.

5) Blizzard will take a step towards making reputations interesting again and not glorified world quest trackers.

6) Improvements to War Mode

7) Expeditions and Warfronts will be scrapped and a new feature using similar assets will be added.

M+ and WQs will stay, a talent revamp is likely to happen maybe a level squish to go with it, new class, also another cosmetic feature like allied races to make $$$ on.
    Last edited by Korru; 2019-03-17 at 01:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as Ion remains in charge, I expect systems like AP, rental items, crazy TFs and RNG galore to stay. The current development team does great at raid and dungeon design (even if the latter are WAY too trashy for my taste), but struggles with practically everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinions and hopes. 1) (Opinion) Mission table will return. They can't ignore the problem. Since introducing it, giving a shitload of gold to players and then taking it away, the economy is pretty volatile. They should never introduce it in the first place. That's why I think they gon fix it next expansion. Because nowadays we have more goldsinks than gold-gainers. 2) (Hope) WQs will stay in game but they wont be a grind-fest for either useless resources, low gold or all of the reps. 3) (Opinion) New dungeons made mostly for mythic+ and forgetting the normal/heroic modes exist. 4) (Opinion) A new "Artifact 1.0" item (not the BfA BS version, the Legion version). The way they tried to "change" the artifact weapon into artifact necklace and some random items was not loved by the community and it was fairly obvious we wouldn't like it. That's why they gon stick (probably) with the 1 armor slot and proper progress.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

* Bring back old talent trees or a brand new system, removing that retarded system introduced with mop is a must, i was very skeptycal when they announced it along with mop, their goal was to remove cookie-cutter specs, they literally said "we want you to sit next to another rogue and be totally different from him", they obviously failed because cookie cutter specs will always exist especially now that mythic raiding is about min-maxing everything (even racials) and almost everyone uses the same talents for that given boss, so why not go back and give players a more vast variety of spells and talents to play with and experiment? I miss those cata days where i used a full survival spec on my rogue that allowed me to stay on boss during hc morchok black blood phase or to survive into shadow realm at heroic twin dragons

* Make primary resource matter for all classes and let mana scale with ilvl, as of today mana is totally irrelevant for dps classes except for arcane mage and affli lock, let mana management be a thing

* Tertiary stats are useless and not game changing at all remove them, versatility is as dumb as multistrike was and should be removed too, add more secondary stats (e.g. crit amplifier)

* (re)introduce 10 man mythic raiding dropping same gear as 20 man but with less chance of wf/tf with shared lockout
    * Remove that terrible gcd
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©