Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    are you people insane? no content?
    there's so much things to do in game and not even playing 8 hours a day won't be enough to finish
    But, Doing Quests, Dungeons, Raids, Achievements, PetBattles, PVP, WorldQuests, Farming Gear, leveling Characters, and Playing the game is no Content, and I´ve seen it already done by others.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Whats "Valuable" is up to any person themselves.
    So stop writing bs like " durr link jaina myth "

Because this is the main argument people, with no argument at all, are spamming in response tobthe QUALITY of the content not the quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    So stop writing bs like " durr link jaina myth "
    I Didnt, but also: Dont Write Bullshit like: "Durr, there is nothing to do in this Game"

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Because this is the main argument people, with no argument at all, are spamming in response tobthe QUALITY of the content not the quantity.
    The Quality of the Content is better than Ever before. Each individual thing you can do works better than before, and is more fun than before.

Except maybe the Loot in Dungeons if you need to get gear from your Raidlead to feel rewarded for the fights you did. Or you need to "Lock" certain drops for yourself when Starting a Group.

OP made quite an impression for a 1 poster. Its so easy to rile up the board with, considering that everyone has a different kind of meaning to that. No content can mean that there's simply not enough fun stuff to do, while others think that he literally means that there is nothing to do. WoD had the former problem, BFA has the other. Content itsn't much fun to play for all kinds of reasons: gameplay for most classes suck, the new content (warfronts and island expeditions) are brainless zergfests, and getting new gear doesn't feel rewarding.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is first exp that I play casually and I can tell you that withou raiding or m+ it is quite boring, wq,warfronts and LFR once a week and I'm done.
    Stopped playing in the Oct, started again after 8.1.5 went live and well I'm already pretty bored. Looks like it is time to move on and wait for the Classic

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    But, Doing Quests, Dungeons, Raids, Achievements, PetBattles, PVP, WorldQuests, Farming Gear, leveling Characters, and Playing the game is no Content, and I´ve seen it already done by others.
    Farming Gear with no BiS limit due to rng.

So good. So refreshing.

Achievements from last X-Pac since current are mediocre.

World Quest ROTFL

Levelling Char aka spam dungeon in heirloom

Woah

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    To OP, 8.2. will hit 77 days after 8.1.5 I thing, because If you are doing Q with Bronzebeard brothers, there is Mother doing some calculations that will take 77 cycles (days?). So logically we will gen new Q after 77 cycles of calculations (days?).

So theoretically somewhere around 1st week of June?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst 'content' patch was still Warlords' first attempt. It provided a Twitter capability and nothing else, assuming I recall correctly... 8.1.5 did better than that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for you ? maybe

for tens of thousands of players flooding atm low level dungeons leveling toons for heritage armours ? its many hours of content.

ar campaign is very nice questline - at least on horde side . but like all questlines it ends .

most of people havent even cleared this raid. and people are whinging why next raid isnt even out yet -_- you have literaly only a little over 150 guilds that cleared mythic jaina.
    I gues it is becouse mythic raids are same content as LFR? You know this is kinda what happens when you lower bar so low that people can finish entire game content withing few days. Back in TBC we had only 1 difficulty for raids so people had huge amounth of content to lookfoward to and it took them months to finish any of it. In moment Blizzard made raids accessible people lost interest in this type of content becouse as always most just picked path of least resistance. People nowdays just finish new content on lowest difficulty level possible and quit game. Accessability never kept players playing game it actualy made them leave faster.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh here we go. I had to jump on this since somebody in the Classic thread applauded Classic for things like: "Got no money for the riding skill? Not a problem, grinding the money creates content".

Also people already look forward to get every class to 60, collect armour etc and call it "content to look forward to in Classic"

But yeah..in current WoW, the moment you do something twice or in a different difficulty, it stops being content and you now can judge the quality ...hm..I guess by watching youtube videos? Or..why stop there, let an influencer tell you in his video what you have to think about the current content.

Luckily you do not get to decide what is content for others. If it doesn't work for you..fine. I have friends who do nothing but PvP. Hardly see a 5 man. Never raided. Even pvp for levelling and it is all they need to be happy.

But yeah...considering we have so few arenas and Bgs and nowadays variations like skirmishes, gravity lapse etc etc..all that is ofc also not content. But I am so glad that people who regurgitate shit that you passively consume on youtube are indeed called "content creators"

But maybe I am misunderstanding you, since all you do is naysay and didn't take 10 seconds to tell us what YOU consider content.
    I will take into consideration somebody that smug out " durr you only watch influencer about wow ( whatever it means " as an assumption.

Just proving the quality of players tho.

But feel free to link 9/9 Glad 4k Rio etc

Also I am pretty amazed how people here still can understand a fuck because this det is the last user that cannot understand the difference between arguing the quality of content from " I don't enjoy this "

But hey if people here can only ask for 9/9 as token to criticize the content can't really help it

I have never seen more difficult content within the same game as new content, if what you clear is the stuff but it more difficult. I see it as a challenge within a game, but not content.

Now sure, you might do yourself a dissfavor of doing the content in a game on the easiest difficulty and not try normal, hc or mythic. Instead of challenging yourself you just breeze through it in more or less "story mode".

Personally, I have found that some games are worth doing on higher difficulty. Others, not so much. Sometimes I just want to experience the story content of a game. Other times I want to challenge myself.

Whats difficult(and weird) in wow now, is that its more or less needed to do the easy content in order to do the challenging content. So by the time people get enough skills/gear etc to try higher difficulty, they are already getting tierd of it. You have done the dungeons & raids X amount of times already, why do it lots of times again in a difficulty that makes it take more time?

In "the old days" of wow, dungeons and raids had way less difficulties so people didnt spam run every dungeon/raid in a supereasy mode in order to gear up to the same stuff in a higher difficulty. It was probably harder for most people, and therefore the content lasted longer.

Imagine BC with LFD, LFR and normal, hc & mythic tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I have never seen more difficult content within the same game as new content, if what you clear is the stuff but it more difficult. I see it as a challenge within a game, but not content.

Now sure, you might do yourself a dissfavor of doing the content in a game on the easiest difficulty and not try normal, hc or mythic. Instead of challenging yourself you just breeze through it in more or less "story mode".

Personally, I have found that some games are worth doing on higher difficulty. Others, not so much. Sometimes I just want to experience the story content of a game. Other times I want to challenge myself.

Whats difficult(and weird) in wow now, is that its more or less needed to do the easy content in order to do the challenging content. So by the time people get enough skills/gear etc to try higher difficulty, they are already getting tierd of it. You have done the dungeons & raids X amount of times already, why do it lots of times again in a difficulty that makes it take more time?

In "the old days" of wow, dungeons and raids had way less difficulties so people didnt spam run every dungeon/raid in a supereasy mode in order to gear up to the same stuff in a higher difficulty. It was probably harder for most people, and therefore the content lasted longer.

Imagine BC with LFD, LFR and normal, hc & mythic tiers.
    It boils down to if it's fun to do the harder difficulty. In WoW it is hit or miss depending on your group, in a good group I would do everything on highest difficulty including mythic raiding. But rarely groups are good, and by good I don't mean the skill but the actual social experience. In the end I don't care if it takes 1 month or 4 months to clear something as long as the group has fun doing so, in a vacuum, speed doesn't matter simply because content is coming in slower than you clear things (theoretically). Some games are also just more grindy on higher difficulties, or require cheese builds/meta builds which means I am also less inclined to do them. Games and especially RPGs are about choices and when my choice is by default too bad to clear the content at hand then I consider it not worthwhile to do harder content. I also think difficulty settings are a bad thing, Dark Soul is a perfect game in my eyes when it comes to difficulty, you can do whatever you want and finish the game (even naked) and it has just 1 difficulty level, you play the game how it was intended. Difficulty settings are rarely well balanced, devs already have a hard time balancing one difficulty.

Here is the thing, decent content can be played through multiple times if you actually have fun and engaging classes to play.

I played through vanilla, tbc, wotlk, mop, legion and even WOD content multiple times simply because the classes were fun to play, learn and enjoy.

BFA has obliterated the classes, oversimplified them due to over-pruning of abilities and overall made them very boring and unenjoyable.

There is no point in releasing even brand new raid/dungeon content when the classes are so sh*t i cant stomach any of them for the duration of a major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It boils down to if it's fun to do the harder difficulty. In WoW it is hit or miss depending on your group, in a good group I would do everything on highest difficulty including mythic raiding. But rarely groups are good, and by good I don't mean the skill but the actual social experience. In the end I don't care if it takes 1 month or 4 months to clear something as long as the group has fun doing so, in a vacuum, speed doesn't matter simply because content is coming in slower than you clear things (theoretically). Some games are also just more grindy on higher difficulties, or require cheese builds/meta builds which means I am also less inclined to do them. Games and especially RPGs are about choices and when my choice is by default too bad to clear the content at hand then I consider it not worthwhile to do harder content. I also think difficulty settings are a bad thing, Dark Soul is a perfect game in my eyes when it comes to difficulty, you can do whatever you want and finish the game (even naked) and it has just 1 difficulty level, you play the game how it was intended. Difficulty settings are rarely well balanced, devs already have a hard time balancing one difficulty.
    I agree. If Blizzard got rid of all the difficulty settings and have 1(MAYBE 2), it would probably be more healthy for the game overall and in the long run. Personally I rather have new content ahead of me thats somewhat challenging thats content(raid/dungeons) that I havent done yet, instead of stupid easy stuff you MUST do in order to reach the challenging content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Here is the thing, decent content can be played through multiple times if you actually have fun and engaging classes to play.

I played through vanilla, tbc, wotlk, mop, legion and even WOD content multiple times simply because the classes were fun to play, learn and enjoy.

BFA has obliterated the classes, oversimplified them due to over-pruning of abilities and overall made them very boring and unenjoyable.

There is no point in releasing even brand new raid/dungeon content when the classes are so sh*t i cant stomach any of them for the duration of a major patch.
    Thats probably a fair point to. Many of the classes are so shallow today, they get boring to play quite quickly. That coupled with the grind you gotta do in easy content first in order to reach the more difficult(same stuff), makes it all very bad.

Crucible is not even out yet... Have you cleaned the Battle of Drazaralor raid in mythic ?
    Raiding in BFA has never been so fun. I've been playing since Vanilla and raids were a lot simpler in the past. Some classes were useless, some classes could not even do 50% of the best dps. All of this was BAD, classes have never been so balanced in raid. Thats a fact even if you don't want to accept it.

Hunter was EASIER to play in all previous extensions. Mage was "one button" for a good chunk of time, YES EVEN WOLTK, don't remember the OP arcane spec with one spell ? I do.
    Most of people here are clueless or are just liars. Wow "rotation" was never hard thats not what makes the game "challenging". Having more spells on your bar with no use in raids doesnt change your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Which classes are you talking about ? Have you tried all classes equally ?

People are seriously comparing LFR and mythic raids ?Seriously ? It's two separate things, LFR is meant for people who don't want to do more than that.

So for you content is cleared when lfr is cleared ? What the hell are you smoking. Then you can say the same about dungeons, and yes, even heroic dungeons from TBC are the same as normal dungeons but harder... Play another game plz
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-18 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Yes, content. Content that's been brainless and stale since BC. If you enjoy leveling then I'm sure in your eyes the game is filled with rich, engaging and fun content. And in your case, nothing what I've said in is directed at you as I am discussing why the content provided isn't rewarding or fun outside of M+ and raiding. If you feel like leveling multiple of the same alts over and over than I am happy that you can find joy where many people see boredom.
    I dunno... I thought leveling in Northrend was quite fun and interesting... especially with how they weaved the Lich King all though it. Still... everything after just didn't seem to have anything meaningful attached... and even the few hours it took to get to max level seemed wasted.

As far as 8.2, I'm thinking they will try and use Classic as a delay tactic. Pushing it until maybe December. Alternatively they could release it in June... and use Classic as a way to keep Modern WoW players busy until 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    To OP, 8.2. will hit 77 days after 8.1.5 I thing, because If you are doing Q with Bronzebeard brothers, there is Mother doing some calculations that will take 77 cycles (days?). So logically we will gen new Q after 77 cycles of calculations (days?).

So theoretically somewhere around 1st week of June?
    You cannot expect that to hold water, even though I noticed the same thing..

An expansion takes two years of real time (give or take), but according to the official time line (atleast) since WotLK, only 1 years have passed per expansion in-game..

That would mean 77 days in-game would be close to 144 days IRL or ~5 months..

And that's when you assume "cycle" means day, not year.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-03-18 at 12:19 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I dunno... I thought leveling in Northrend was quite fun and interesting... especially with how they weaved the Lich King all though it. Still... everything after just didn't seem to have anything meaningful attached... and even the few hours it took to get to max level seemed wasted.

As far as 8.2, I'm thinking they will try and use Classic as a delay tactic. Pushing it until maybe December. Alternatively they could release it in June... and use Classic as a way to keep Modern WoW players busy until 2020.
    Thing is who would play classic again if you know what a bleak future we have past WOLTK, if the plan is to eventually implement TBC next?

I mean it's not going to be that many people wasting too much time on it, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Thing is who would play classic again if you know what a bleak future we have past WOLTK, if the plan is to eventually implement TBC next?

I mean it's not going to be that many people wasting too much time on it, imo.
    I dunno about that. Millions of playrs never played Vanilla at all. They came in BC or after... them those people playing Classic is a way to "complete" their WoW experience.

Others will relish a chance to experience (or re-experience) an absolute fresh server... the beginnings of Azeroth coming alive.

Others remember Classic, BC, and Wrath as their favorite renditions of WoW... and will be eager to enjoy that game again.

I, for one, fall into all three categories and am very hyped to play WoW again... the Vanilla I missed, the two following expansions I loved so much, and be a part of a brand new Azeroth universe.

Personally I hope they release 8.2 the same day they release Classic... this will allow them to move forward with the game they love and not feel like they have to jump in Classic because they are bored and maybe dampen the experience with their disinterest.

Come to think of it... since it's a shared sub... that may be what they are planning! WOOT!
    Last edited by Maudib; 2019-03-18 at 02:16 PM.