Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Here’s another WQ whoopsie. The expansion is supposed to be about war vs the factions, but they removed the pvp wq. Daduq?
    There was 2 types of PVP WQ in legion. First, the towers. Both faction were asked to go to a different tower to kill npc, you had absolutely no reason to go to the other faction tower other then look for a fight, which you can do in any WQ. There are plenty of WQ that ask you to kill npc tag as the other faction in BFA. Second, the FFA pvp WQ, they had nothing to do with faction.

Now BFA invasions. 5 daily that give you 60 conquests if you do them with WM on. You know the enemy also have 5 WQ in the same area. And now for real pvp WQ, there is always up to 2 quest that ask you to kill enemy faction NPC, not while the 2 factions are on the opposite side of the maps, this time, while both faction are fighting in the same area. If this don't start pvp fights, there is always that one WQ that ask both faction to gather the same resource, and with faction tagging, you actually have a good reason to get rid of the other faction player.

So, in term of real npc, BFA incursion with WM on > Legion wannabe pvp WQ
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

I like the current system for alts, but gear that can match with heroic raid gear is kinda a problem and Mythic plus while more short, it's not so effective for gearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But I wouldn't credit that fault to raiding specifically, but rather to the overall design and structure that the game has obtained.

I do agree with all your points though. And I'm not even here on wow. I've played it for almost 15 years now on and off and I love the game. I find myself with a LOT hope for the next expansion as most of what I'd like to see fixed/changed won't even be looked at or approached until a new X.0 patch
    I think the raids are very well designed, specifically BoD. Great boss fights. Agree with you that the raids aren't at fault, and i'm not one of those players who wanna demonize LFR or any of that for it as i WANT everyone in WoW to have a good time and LFR is good for everyone. There's plenty of WoW for all of us to be included and have a good time.

The fault lies in the design team for failing to create a meaningful reward structure that makes the gear ladder worth the time/effort to climb.

When i can say with a straight face that Destiny 2 has better raid incentive/reward structures than WoW... yikes
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-03-17 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    So they add some different, change a few things and people then come and complain about the changes. Yes, not all changes are successful.

Damn if you do. Damn if you don't.
    There is a difference between designing an expansion as a new standalone game based on existing materials and introducing change in a way that some cohesiveness remains over the long run. I don't believe that Blizzard has learned that lesson. Many friends and game acquaintances (I come from a lot of RP servers) do not even know the toon they have been playing for years. That alone may not be important to most people but it's indicative that the approach to change with every expansion and the consequent adjustments required to learn to play your class/spec well has grown old and that many tire of this.

I can't say that I blame them.

Gear shares some of this in that the rewards you can expect based upon the activity that you do shift greatly from expansion to expansion and now even within an expansion. I'll reiterate my original comment that to the extent that gearing is viewed as a "treadmill" mechanism it should be deeply disturbing to the developers. Static movement without real progress is a serious problem in any game, RPG or otherwise. Character progression should never feel like a treadmill.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-03-17 at 06:01 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

And yes, exclusivity IS what makes people motivated in an MMORPG. If everyone has everything, then no one is special. Period.
    The special one is the one who does not have anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Gear shares some of this in that the rewards you can expect based upon the activity that you do shift greatly from expansion to expansion and now even within an expansion. I'll reiterate my original comment that to the extent that gearing is viewed as a "treadmill" mechanism it should be deeply disturbing to the developers. Static movement without real progress is a serious problem in any game, RPG or otherwise. Character progression should never feel like a treadmill.
    The scaling and the multiple difficulties contribute to this greatly in my opinion. You get gear but you only get access to part of it in the outside world due to scaling, in PvP you get access to almost none of it. The only places that matter where you get to use the gear to its fullest is in dungeons and raids but both of these have multiple difficulties so gear only makes things easier for you if you're in the top 1% of players that are doing the hardest content, for everyone else it's an endless progression tier in and tier out. Gone are the days where you got something on farm, worked on your gear and see how much you could brute force the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    All this talk of WQ's.. I find it insane that this far into the expansion people still do world quests. I feel like in legion once I was exalted with everyone I didn't step foot into the world to do WQ's.
    why ? WQ are fun easy fast activity

not everyone has sufficient ocd to run thoudands of mythic + and islands to be both gear and ap capped.

i for example gonna do today tortolan quests on 10 alts on horde for chance of nice 385 rings/trinkets on some unlucky toons they will hopefully replace 355 ones.

the amount of people flooding all zones and doin WQ proves that people like this type of content.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The AP grind certainly feels like a treadmill, with AK and all that. Can't be bothered to grind to 48 to unlock all my mythic +5ilvl. Why they had to copy/paste the Legion AK system but just change the optics, I don't really get. Every week you get a 30% AP decay on past effort just to keep the levels the same. I'm probably just too old and out of touch, but nothing really appeals to me about the AP system. WQs really get dull after a month or so. I wish you could graduate from that system faster earlier in a raid tier.

During Blizzcon 2017 they talked about being able to grind out all the AP you needed at once without decay, and just decreasing costs, but it seems they went back on that

That doesn't work for Mythic guilds. They can't just pick up and go at patch drops. They have to maintain from patch to patch. If no one cares to keep playing, it's a major problem.

It is worse than ever this expac. The gear treadmill is absolutely broken. People think "i've killed it heroic, i'm done here" and log til next patch because there is NO POINT other than pride and friendship, to suffer through MONTHS of Mythic only for the gear to be trivialized next patch. Or to see someone in normal/heroic decked out in wf/tf that rivals there's, despite 1/10th the effort.

It's become a "Why bother?" moment this expac for mythic raiding, and even heroic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why BFA is doing SO WELL right now, amirite?!

It's why BFA is largely voted the worst expac on EVERY SINGLE POLL on the internet, right?
    Nah, that's because people are whiners and always think the current expac is the worst in history.

@Embriel

Preach made an entire video about your thread on MMO-Champion.
    I hope you have a wonderful day

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Nah, that's because people are whiners and always think the current expac is the worst in history.
    Been a hell of a sleigh ride since tbc.

Here's my thoughts on a solution.

I’ve said it before, but to start, gear from each difficulty tier/curve should cap to a +10 item level TF. In our current landscape this would look like:

LFR 370 - 380
    Normal 385 - 395
    Heroic 400 - 410
    Mythic 415 - 425

When Items drop you have a chance at a WF (+5) or a TF (+10). Additionally, throughout your grind of the content you get some form of currency that you can use to upgrade baseline items up to the TF cap of +10.

You would probably have to add some sort of scaling like Titan Residuum has depending on the content you are doing. This way you can’t farm super easy content to get the same upgrade level on gear from a higher content difficulty (Mythic raiders don’t feel the need to have to go clear LFR, Normal, Heroic, just to get upgrade currency.

You can do this by making the currency a token that can only be used on the same quality gear or by scaling the drop rates depending on difficulty.

LFR drops 5 currency per wing (20 per week) - LFR Token cost 20
    Normal drops 5 per boss (40 per week) - Normal Token cost 50
    Heroic drops 20 per boss (160 per week) - Heroic Token cost 200
    Mythic drops 50 per boss (400 per week) - Mythic Token cost 500

Mythic+ Cache rewards can also provide currency.
    +5 gives 5 per week
    +10 gives 20 per week
    +15 gives 50 per week

As you can see, you won’t get enough for an upgrade per week by only doing the 1 raid difficulty, but if you do a couple bosses of the difficulty below, you’ll have enough for a +5 item level token.

Side note on Mythic+ Cache rewards:

Cap at 410 - 420 Just like raid gear.

Instead of it being super random, it would be nice to be presented with three random items and you get to pick one. The RNG won’t be completely removed nor the suspense and excitement, but you’ll also have agency in your gearing choices and hopefully walk away with something at least semi useful. Think of it like a draw three cards from the deck and choose one type of system.

Now, I literally just brainstormed this as I’m eating my breakfast, but a system like this would be easy enough to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And you know what would happen if we still ahd addon? Blizzard would 5x increase amounth of stuff you have to do in order to finish WQ so time you spend doing world Q will stay same.
    It wouldn't matter if we still had the addon because most of the WQs don't share between party members. Thank you for ignoring half my post.

LOL this is why I love Preach. He's a good sport

There is a "full version" on the description

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm OK with 'regular' gear being boring stat sticks, as long as a few pieces stand out. Legion had Leggos and Artifacts, which were truly memorable items. Now, our special artifacts are replaced with bland Azerite armor, and Leggos just don't exist. If Blizz finally figures out how to return to Legion itemization (with a fairer system for Leggo rewards), I'll resub.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @Embriel

Preach made an entire video about your thread on MMO-Champion.
    I hope you have a wonderful day
    But I thought all of Preach' arguments were completely defeated back on page one and his self-esteem was destroyed on page two. Must be them Youtube dollars at work, probably sponsored by the elitists.

gear is no longer something you strive for since its everywhere
    and not only that
    but the gear itself is pointless because you dont need it to raid and see all the content
    so i dont see the point anymore at all, its been like this for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    LOL this is why I love Preach. He's a good sport

you know that business is going south when Preach is starting to copy Asmongolds "reaction " videos/streams -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But I thought all of Preach' arguments were completely defeated back on page one and his self-esteem was destroyed on page two. Must be them Youtube dollars at work, probably sponsored by the elitists.
    you can't blame him for trying to make a living easpecially if we provide him with "content"

but i must admit this one was boring one - previous "Forum man" was at least funny - this is quite honestly boring even though it is supposed to be "edited" version .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you can't blame him for trying to make a living easpecially if we provide him with "content"

but i must admit this one was boring one - previous "Forum man" was at least funny - this is quite honestly boring even though it is supposed to be "edited" version .
    I mean, isn't this the same stuff? It's hard to make it exciting every time, especially since half of posts here are "dat guy sucks" and most of the other is "no, you suck". Two very first posts (after OP) are the perfect example.

Also, I don't think he makes a living out of that - especially unedited version, which (even if it was monetized) is far too long to do purely for profit.