Thread: Sethrak Race

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No distinct genders, check.
    No proper armor enabling, check.

It's not gonna happen. Thankfully.

Vulpera and Mechagnomes are coming 100%. And we still got to see next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Still think it's gonna happen?
    The same argument could be made for Tauren and Worgen, and yet they are playable.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I think its gonna be mecha gnomes and vulpera.

And here is why i think that: heritage armour order for non allied races. We had dwarf and blood elf. Both of which have an allied race that uses the same rig, namely void elf and dark iron.

The next 2 vanilla races that get is gnome and tauren. Tauren has a allied race that uses their rig. Gnomes do not. But the would have if mecha gnome was an allied race.

But if the next allied races will be mecha gnome and vulpera, where does that leave goblins who share a rig with them.
    Well 8.2 will also give a model update to goblin and worgen. And blizzard would be stupid not to work on heritage while their at it.
    So to purely speculate the next races announced and heritage will be in this order

Gnome & tauren heritage armor (already announced)

Mecha gnome and vulpera allied race
    Goblin and worgen heritage armour.

Light forged undead (uses the human rig) & new horde allied race.

Human & orc heritage armor
    And thats how far i gotten.

Again this all pure speculation. Also made this post on my phone
    Last edited by bowlink; 2019-03-18 at 11:05 AM.

@bowlink Problem i see with Mecha/Junker gnomes on Alliance i see is how would they differ from regular gnomes. The idea behind them is far to similar to the already existing race. Alliance Vulpera also wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, since the Alliance has no positive interaction with them.

Sethrak are at least theoretically possible, although they'd have to create a schism with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    @bowlink Problem i see with Mecha/Junker gnomes on Alliance i see is how would they differ from regular gnomes. The idea behind them is far to similar to the already existing race. Alliance Vulpera also wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, since the Alliance has no positive interaction with them.

Sethrak are at least theoretically possible, although they'd have to create a schism with the Horde.
    Two things dark irons and more importantly lightforged draenei. At a glance you can't tell if your dealing with OG Draenei or LF Draenei. So mevha gnome could work with their prostetic limbs Also both male and female sethak use the female worgen rig. The only way that work is if play female you get sethrak and if you play male saurok who use the male worgen rig.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Two things dark irons and more importantly lightforged draenei. At a glance you can't tell if your dealing with OG Draenei or LF Draenei. So mevha gnome could work with their prostetic limbs Also both male and female sethak use the female worgen rig. The only way that work is if play female you get sethrak and if you play male saurok who use the male worgen rig.
    Dark Iron have a significantly different philosophy than Ironforge. Not quite as strong with Lightforged, but still present. Mechagnomes would pretty much just be gnomes.

As for the Sethrak... so? I'd actually prefer if they just stayed that way, with the gender option only affecting emotes and text references. It's a race for which this absolutely would make sense.

While I dont think Sethrak will be an allied race at any point, I think they would be cool.

Also who says there isnt a "female" model for sethrak already? They are snakes. Why would they have boobs or any other obvious signs visible on external view! I think there are different colored Sethrak, though. Maybe thats the difference between male and female sethrak! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    While I dont think Sethrak will be an allied race at any point, I think they would be cool.

Also who says there isnt a "female" model for sethrak already? They are snakes. Why would they have boobs or any other obvious signs visible on external view! I think there are different colored Sethrak, though. Maybe thats the difference between male and female sethrak! :P
    So you want to use skin colouration to dustinguish between male and female ok. So what are you gonna put in the customise option where skin tone was? Face it Orgres will sooner be a race than sethrak

@huth
    Dark irons are basicly just a darker flavour ironforge dwarves. And lightforged are just more fanatic type draenei. So what if Mecha gnome and normal gnome both use technogy. One as tools and the other as extention of themselves. They still make way more sence than sethrak who haven't done anything meaningfull in the story since 8.1
    Last edited by bowlink; 2019-03-18 at 01:45 PM.

So you want to use skin colouration to dustinguish between male and female ok. So what are you gonna put in the customise option where skin tone was? Face it Orgres will sooner be a race than sethrak
    Have skin tone ranges for each gender. Or just not have the option. Did you even try to come up with an answer to your question?
    Last edited by huth; 2019-03-18 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have skin tone ranges for each gender. Or just not have the option. Did you even try to come up with an answer to your question?

- - - Updated - - -

First of all thats me replying to @Morae. And second i could say the same about you not answering me. And third no reason to quote me twice in the same post

I might make good amount of money by selling sarcasm detectors. Lots of people dont seem to understand jokes when they see one.

I thought it was obviously joke.

First of all thats me replying to @Morae. And second i could say the same about you not answering me. And third no reason to quote me twice in the same post
    Dark Iron and Lightforged are lorewise different and visually different. Sethrak currently have more development than the Junker/Mechagnomes(which have none at all). You just repeated your previous point, so there was no reason to reply again.

Two identical posts right behind each other are typically indicative of a forum hiccup, not any intentional act on the posters side.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

You can kinda peer over Sethraliss' model, she's visibly female but not obviously so, it mostly comes down to small differences in her face and being just slightly more hourglass-shaped, and then wearing blatantly gendered armor.

That's part of what really makes it appealing, they have the actual nuanced gender discrepency reptiles should have, instead of "They're female so they have BOOBIES" that a lot of... everything to do with anthropomorphic reptiles seems to like doing.

If they were playable, you wouldn't be able to tell at first glance, which would be good. Even if not, I would be fine with the male/female slider just changing how they vocalize or how they wear sluttier/gendered outfits.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2019-03-18 at 05:23 PM.

Dark Iron have a significantly different philosophy than Ironforge. Not quite as strong with Lightforged, but still present. Mechagnomes would pretty much just be gnomes.
    If there almost entirely mechanical safe the head as on their artwork, they will be different enough from gnome. Blizzard could also make them bigger than normal gnome.

I think sethrak and vulpuppy will be the unlocks tied to the next expansion(which will be about wrathion and azshara hooking up on dragon island), by that i mean you have to buy it to unlock it and probably have the voldun rep or some 8.3 rep be the requirement. I think the races that have the heart of azeroth animation will probably be allied races at some point and they both have it and cloak animations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    No distinct genders, check.
    No proper armor enabling, check.

It's not gonna happen. Thankfully.

Vulpera and Mechagnomes are coming 100%. And we still got to see next.
    They have distinct genders though, just not blatant Sexual Dymorphism, which is good, I don't want my reptiles with boobs like that terrible Saurok female card in Hearthstone. If anything, they could add other types of things like size difference and other gender particularities. Sethraliss has some sort of horn growths, maybe females could be given such to differenciate them from males more, different skin patterns could also be a thing.

If Blizzard really wanted them to happen, they could, but it's unlikely since they are not very proeminent in the story beyond the Vol'dun campaign. Vorrik gives you world quests every once in a while but the race doesn't seem to be wanting to align themselves with any faction, not to mention they are still recovering from their own civil war. I'd really love to play one, but sadly it's not happening. Vulpera will be Horde but Sethrak have 0 reason to be Alliance so...it is what it is.

Hmm Sethrak for alliance and Vulpera for horde?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Zana View Post
    They have distinct genders though, just not blatant Sexual Dymorphism, which is good, I don't want my reptiles with boobs like that terrible Saurok female card in Hearthstone. If anything, they could add other types of things like size difference and other gender particularities. Sethraliss has some sort of horn growths, maybe females could be given such to differenciate them from males more, different skin patterns could also be a thing.

If Blizzard really wanted them to happen, they could, but it's unlikely since they are not very proeminent in the story beyond the Vol'dun campaign. Vorrik gives you world quests every once in a while but the race doesn't seem to be wanting to align themselves with any faction, not to mention they are still recovering from their own civil war. I'd really love to play one, but sadly it's not happening. Vulpera will be Horde but Sethrak have 0 reason to be Alliance so...it is what it is.
    Could you provide a link of a pic of a male and female sethrak side by side so I can understand how you notice how distinct they are? Because I'm incapable as it seems.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Could you provide a link of a pic of a male and female sethrak side by side so I can understand how you notice how distinct they are? Because I'm incapable as it seems.
    I never said you can visibly notice they are different, I said they have distinct genders but NO sexual dymorphism. The only way you can tell in game if they are Males or Females is if you poke them and hear their voice lines, same thing as Ethereals, they have no sexual differences either, you can only tell males and females apart through their voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Zana View Post
    I never said you can visibly notice they are different, I said they have distinct genders but NO sexual dymorphism. The only way you can tell in game if they are Males or Females is if you poke them and hear their voice lines, same thing as Ethereals, they have no sexual differences either, you can only tell males and females apart through their voice.
    It's a bit easier in languages where words like "guard" are gendered. It's kinda funny to see that the generic Sethrak NPCs actually have random gender.