Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    im so sad that my pc cant run this game T_T

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    im so sad that my pc cant run this game T_T
    Are you sad that your computer can't run it or that it can't run it at the settings you want?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Are you sad that your computer can't run it or that it can't run it at the settings you want?
    cant run at all
    i even tried to run ds3 at 600x400 and nothing T_T

btw all ps4 games can run both on the base one and pro?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Why? Because it's clearly targeting the Soulslike community, and those players expect certain things from the genre. Stray too far from those expectations and you risk losing those customers.

For instance, Im already having second thoughts about the game now. I wanted another Souls game, not another Ninja Gaiden. Maybe Sekiro will be good on its own merits, but it sounds like it's missing the mark for Souls players.
    So far most souls players i know are excited about it, including me.
    What I've heard from streamers and youtubers playing the demo you have lots of different weapons for your arm and most have skill or Stat tree which is quite large.

Build diversity will exist, it won't be with armor and sword though, but with the arm instead.

Edit: realised someone posted a video of the skill system and arm tools.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-03-18 at 03:15 PM.

cant run at all

Yes, Xbox One and PS4 in all flavours can play it.

So there will be early reviews afterall. Turns out that review code has been sent out early to some outlets and we should start getting metacritic reviews in on the morning of the 21st.

Great news.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm megahyped. I find it hard to not get spoiled and go in blind so please use the spoiler tags on anything that we need to discover for ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

cant run at all

I'd invest in a ps4 if I were you, get to play some other sweet exclusives.

Just watched an in-depth video about the combat of this game. Apparently parry is going to be one pf your best ways of winning fights. Meh. I'm not encouraged by this, but maybe parrying will be more forgiving than Souls games or Bloodborne.

Can't wait to play this Friday.

Would be Thursday night if it wasn't for the fact I get paid on Fridays REEEEE. Also nice to get a decent Collectors Edition that doesn't break the bank.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Just watched an in-depth video about the combat of this game. Apparently parry is going to be one pf your best ways of winning fights. Meh. I'm not encouraged by this, but maybe parrying will be more forgiving than Souls games or Bloodborne.

Yeah, pretty much never parried in DS and I pretty much just fished for parries in Bloodborne. If its much more important in this game, I have a feeling I’m going to struggle much more. Curious how that weird hat shield thing will work and how good it will be.

Pretty much the opposite from what I've heard/seen. It's meant to be akin to a rhythm game at later stages.

Parries specifically give you an ever increasing advantage as you wear an enemy down with them, but the attacks and timings become more elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Pretty much the opposite from what I've heard/seen. It's meant to be akin to a rhythm game at later stages.

Parries specifically give you an ever increasing advantage as you wear an enemy down with them, but the attacks and timings become more elaborate.
    What the video was specifically about was the Posture system, and how just swinging on an enemy will work on normal baddied, as you can brute force through their posture, but more difficult and non-human opponents will need to be parried repeatedly to break their posture down enough to get a killing hit in. Some enemies may have weaknesses you can exploit, but that in general, the go to tactic will be to get good at parrying.

Granted, this was an earlier version of the game, so maybe it's changed. But what I was hearing wasn't encouraging. Again, maybe I'm sounding like a broken record here, but as a souls player, one of the things I liked best was being able to choose my playstyle. A point the same video made was that this allowed players to choose a style of play to shore up their own weaknesses, which is VERY good game design. But in Sekiro you only have a MUCH more limited style of play.

The advantage supposedly being that this allows the developers to be able to better engineer fights, because they know what to expect from the player.

We'll see. I'm not ready to say that I don't like this game, because From is known for high-quality games. But it's sounding more and more like it's just not for me. Which is SUPER disappointing.

Parrying has been my weakness in souls games but im willing to try learn to be better with them in Sekiro.

Some of the later level enemies can unleash very rapid attacks so it looks like parrying lots of times in a row is gonna be a challenge. And I assume the better you are at parrying and not missing any the quicker/more efficient you can take down enemies.

You also have stealth, massive movement with the world around you, magic items and a arm with different effects.

It wont all be parry spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I suck at parrying as well but my guess is we'll adapt. It'll take some getting used to it that's for sure but I'm not too worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the videos I saw it doesn't seem like the parry window is super tight. Seems more similar to like dodge timing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

1:08 the combat is NOT gonna be easy with parrying being so vital and you get that kinda speed going LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    From the videos I saw it doesn't seem like the parry window is super tight. Seems more similar to like dodge timing.
    Check 1:08 in that trailer for an idea how epic the parrying demands can get

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really tell you how hard it is to parry though. I'm willing to bet it's far easier to parry in Sekiro than in Souls, given the importance of parrying in Sekiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    That doesn't really tell you how hard it is to parry though. I'm willing to bet it's far easier to parry in Sekiro than in Souls, given the importance of parrying in Sekiro.
    Well its not like parrying can be some totally different thing. And I dont mean to just compare it to dark souls.

But parrying is essentially about telegraphing attacks, its no surprise that creature with incredible speed also has very long arms, so you can see the first attack combo and then you will need to learn what combos they do and the timing of that combo.

Im not gutted or anything. I like that this game will be a challenge. I will die twice thats for sure.

Those games are sponsored by logitech and razer, you know why
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    There is a monstrous amount of enemies in bloodborne designed to be parried with the regain system to overcome any hit trading but there are still plenty of people that consider the game hard only because they went through the entire game panic dashing instead. If From designed one game with parry and ripostes in mind i dont see why they would make it easier here when its meant to be fast paced action in the same vein.