Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    IMHO the gameplay is what you make of it in Division. I do a lot of running around and flanking in missions. Yes, I still fire from cover like half the time but you get to eliminate people unawares a lot more if you move around bc they don't know exactly where you are anymore. Nothing funnier than leaving an LMG guy pouring lead into your old position and going around their flank and cooking their ammo pack, or having the enemy frantically sending guys around to find you and ambushing several guys in a row at a stairwell as they come around the corner.
    I'm a guns blazing kind of guy, pissed my friends off in TD1 because I'd just rush in lol, I really only played it cause it was all their was on PC at that time :S, got TD2 free, so no loss there.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, the gameplay itself is much more faster and frantic in Anthem too, even leveling in Division it's just hide behind cover and shoot at an npc hiding behind cover with skills with (mostly, not all of them though) long cooldowns. Where is in Anthem it's all fast paced with short cd skills and running around and just... idk, more fun now that it's available.
    Sounds more like your way of playing TD2 than a problem with the game itself. Try using a shield build. Be more aggressive instead of just sitting behind cover. I thin TD2's NPCs do a really good job of forcing this anyway, with how they flank and use more nades or melee guys to keep you from camping.

But like I said, it's mostly just personal preference. And I agree that if Anthem had all the activities and exploration and end-game of TD2, it would be great. But then again, you could just as easily give TD2 mech suits and accomplish the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sounds more like your way of playing TD2 than a problem with the game itself. Try using a shield build. Be more aggressive instead of just sitting behind cover. I thin TD2's NPCs do a really good job of forcing this anyway, with how they flank and use more nades or melee guys to keep you from camping.

But like I said, it's mostly just personal preference. And I agree that if Anthem had all the activities and exploration and end-game of TD2, it would be great. But then again, you could just as easily give TD2 mech suits and accomplish the same thing.
    I tried shield either it's so weak they eat through it in 2 seconds or you can only use your pistol

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Party chat is a blessing, you can say other ppl "let's do mission X" or "let's assault that refuge", on the other hand ppl should definitely learn to use headphones with voice chat or turn speaker volume very low, i don't want to hear mission instructions in 4 different languages simultaneously
    TD2 absolutely should be using the callout system from Apex Legends. Hell...all multiplayer shooters should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    IMHO the gameplay is what you make of it in Division. I do a lot of running around and flanking in missions. Yes, I still fire from cover like half the time but you get to eliminate people unawares a lot more if you move around bc they don't know exactly where you are anymore. Nothing funnier than leaving an LMG guy pouring lead into your old position and going around their flank and cooking their ammo pack, or having the enemy frantically sending guys around to find you and ambushing several guys in a row at a stairwell as they come around the corner.
    Exactly! I do a lot of cover-to-cover moving, and sometimes bust out the crusader shield. I also sometimes don't use the cover system at all, depending on the situation. Instead relying on basic line of sight to keep me out of harm's way.

I think what it comes down to is Division is more towards the realistic end of the spectrum, where Anthem is straight up super-hero action. I have to admit I DO like the super-jumps and flying that you do in Anthem.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried shield either it's so weak they eat through it in 2 seconds or you can only use your pistol
    While leveling, yeah. But when you get higher level and have gear/mods/sets to support it, it becomes really strong. And most heal abilities can repair the shield too. Thing is also, the shield isn't meant to be used stupidly to stand in the middle of all the fire like an invincible god. You have to still use line of sight to limit attacks, and be smart about positioning. Takes a bit of practice to get used to.

Also, pistols aren't as bad as they were in the first game. Many of them are really powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    While leveling, yeah. But when you get higher level and have gear/mods/sets to support it, it becomes really strong. And most heal abilities can repair the shield too. Thing is also, the shield isn't meant to be used stupidly to stand in the middle of all the fire like an invincible god. You have to still use line of sight to limit attacks, and be smart about positioning. Takes a bit of practice to get used to.

Also, pistols aren't as bad as they were in the first game. Many of them are really powerful.
    Yea, its just a personal preference thing, doesn't make it a bad game, I just prefer more of an action setting, slides, rolls, etc. Running in and melting 20 guys with your machine gun.

Yea, its just a personal preference thing, doesn't make it a bad game, I just prefer more of an action setting, slides, rolls, etc. Running in and melting 20 guys with your machine gun.
    Then since you say you played the first one you should already know that isn't what The Division has ever been. Sounds like you're griping to gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Then since you say you played the first one you should already know that isn't what The Division has ever been. Sounds like you're griping to gripe.
    Honestly the first one was more fun /shrug, i think they made it easier to die if you're not constantly moving from cover to cover.

Honestly the first one was more fun /shrug, i think they made it easier to die if you're not constantly moving from cover to cover.
    I don't feel like this game is any easier or harder than the first one, and how was the first one "more fun" the game is pretty much identical.

I think that's a mixture of better AI (yay!) and them making everything a bit less bullet spongey? IIRC it's cranked down during leveling and at least world difficulty 1, anyone know if that carries over to the harder difficulties?

Whelp! Servers are down for maintenance
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Whelp! Servers are down for maintenance
    They should be back up in a few minutes, its supposedly only a 15 minute maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    I don't feel like this game is any easier or harder than the first one, and how was the first one "more fun" the game is pretty much identical.
    Because I didn't need to spend 24/7 glued to cover like i do in here while leveling, I spent most of leveling run and gunning in Div1

Anyone know's some more detail into why the dark zones are COMPLETELY empty, ive spent like an hour inside all three and saw zero other players.
    Also any other info on the theieves den vendor thing?
    And what is the ilvl cap / are there exotics or anything better then those 450's?

basically what Is good to do when u hit the 450 point, cheers mates

Because I didn't need to spend 24/7 glued to cover like i do in here while leveling, I spent most of leveling run and gunning in Div1
    Then you either played the game straight from max level or you're flat out lying because using cover is a staple in Tom Clancy games.

Question: Did running and gunning prepare you for the endgame in TD1? Because I did that, and it sure as hell didn't prepare me for the harder content. I'd argue that teaching players these kinds of core mechanics as an important part of combat early on is an improvement overall.

May not be everyone's cup of tea, but TD is firmly a cover based third person shooter through and through so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Question: Did running and gunning prepare you for the endgame in TD1? Because I did that, and it sure as hell didn't prepare me for the harder content. I'd argue that teaching players these kinds of core mechanics as an important part of combat early on is an improvement overall.

May not be everyone's cup of tea, but TD is firmly a cover based third person shooter through and through so it makes sense.
    Eh, in end game I did the same thing end game but just died more, I mean, I play games my way and if it doesn't fit with how I want to play I just stopped playing, Div 1 worked, Div 2 doesn't seem like its going to. Doesn't make it a bad game, just not my kind of game anymore.

All of that's true, but I think a lot of people think that means you have to use cover ALL the time, which isn't true. But neither can you just stand out in the open and fire away without care.

Part of that is because of the damage scaling while leveling. If you don't update your armor and weapons ever 2 levels or so, you REALLY feel the difference. But I think that's compounded by the smarter AI, which absolutely will take advantage of you if you play stupid.

Honestly, I think it's a good change. The game is actually kind of challenging now. It's more engaging to play because you actually have to pay attention.

I think that's a mixture of better AI (yay!) and them making everything a bit less bullet spongey? IIRC it's cranked down during leveling and at least world difficulty 1, anyone know if that carries over to the harder difficulties?
    You'll be melting elites on challenging aslong as you focus fire and get a few % elite damage perks on gear. The biggest difference is that on Challenging missions you'll actually get dicked immediately if you're out of cover 75% of the time and the bounty i did on Heroic had named mobs soaking a lot of damage, like 15-20s concentrated focus of fire.

Though that's the absolute highest difficulty so it's to be expected

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back when TD1 came out and the endless grenade spam every 2-3 second paired with rushers that could oneshot you from 50m away being a big deterrent towards my playtime there. Didn't help that tanking in the game early one was literally pointless due to shields dying in 1 hit

Game looks intresting but something block me from buying it. Maybe problem is setting, prefer more sci-fi-fantasy settings.
    Why there are no any flashlights/mods or nightvision? Its design decision?
    I mean there some cool lighting effects ingame(sometimes its almost blinding!) so its not restricted by tech. In streams there also alot of really dark areas, are chests or interactive objects always visible? Only i think game is lost some realism/immersion because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    are chests or interactive objects always visible?
    Usually pretty visible, yes. Not giant auras or anything, but as you run by you can usually spot the lighted outline for things you can loot.