Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Question.

Is the game going to stop pushing RNG/timegated content on us in an attempt to keep people subbed/MAU metric up (ironically it's gone down) and actually make a fun and enjoyable experience?

I'd laugh so much if Ion showed the middle finger to the Quel'dorei fanboys once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I'd laugh so much if Ion showed the middle finger to the Quel'dorei fanboys once more.
    I mean he's been doing it for years already when it comes to the entire game so /shrug....

Never seen a dev team so out of touch with their playerbase before.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8.2 PTR coming right after this.

Get ready for the shit show. 8.2 PTR is coming though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Answers should be 20 sec max.

But not sure Ion is able to do that.
    A minute sounds more reasonable to me. That way, if the Q&A is only 50 minutes long, and it takes ten seconds to read each question, he can get through approximately 42 questions (6 questions and answers taking 7 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As am I.

It is the save the game patch.

It offers two new landmasses. Two new dungeons (Mechagon split into two). A new raid. A new world quest system. A new Azerite armour system (and the jettisoning of the horrendously flawed old one) and laying the ground for the next Allied races (Vulpera, Mecha-Gnomes and Ankora are all candidates, with the first two being practically shoe-ins).

Haven't felt this excited about WoW news since the 8.1 preview but 8.2 is going to be a gargantuan patch, maybe even the biggest they have ever done.
    New world quest system?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    New world quest system?
    Won't be new at all. Will just be the same quests with the same fill the bar mechanic but related to the current content to make it sound like they are new.

Look at the Naga "incursions". It's literally 1 world quest in a different zone and people are acting like it's hot content.

If the world quest system actually gets full on new stuff in 8.2 I'll buy all my friends still playing 6 months of game time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I got popcorn but forgot the butter and salt. But will have enough salt from the community.
    Yep, never have to buy salt the community never fails to provide enough for all. Really though its not just wow, coming back from another mmo it was the same there even down to "They don't play their own game" and "They are so out of touch with the players" /shrug
    Last edited by Bahska; 2019-03-18 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Won't be new at all. Will just be the same quests with the same fill the bar mechanic but related to the current content to make it sound like they are new.

Look at the Naga "incursions". It's literally 1 world quest in a different zone and people are acting like it's hot content.

If the world quest system actually gets full on new stuff in 8.2 I'll buy all my friends still playing 6 months of game time.
    Wait, that's all the incursions are? I thought they were going to basically be the invasions from Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wait, that's all the incursions are? I thought they were going to basically be the invasions from Legion?
    Nah they made Naga ones or well world quests with this patch.

It's literally 1 world quest in one zone (alternates) and it's just the usual "fill the bar up" crap.

They literally have the fucking gall to plural it as well with "quests". It's literally 1 quest that alternates between zones when it's up.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-18 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Nah they made Naga ones or well world quests with this patch.

It's literally 1 world quest in one zone (alternates) and it's just the usual "fill the bar up" crap.
    That's dumb. That's really dumb. I was hoping it was going to at least be like the Legion one, where you ran around and did multiple things that aren't usually there, then grouped up with a few people to fight your way to a mini-boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    New world quest system?
    They said something about the next generation of world quests, an evolution of the system.

I really wouldn't hold my breath about it.

That's dumb. That's really dumb. I was hoping it was going to at least be like the Legion one, where you ran around and did multiple things that aren't usually there, then grouped up with a few people to fight your way to a mini-boss.
    Well the actual name they give it is "attack world quests". And as I said it's literally 1 quest that just spawns in one of the 6 zones.

It's not new. It's not exciting and it barely classifies as content.

I mean even the "new" Tortollan ones aren't new. One is just the tracing thing from Azsuna in Legion and the other is basically Beachead flipped around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    They said something about the next generation of world quests, an evolution of the system.

I really wouldn't hold my breath about it.
    Pretty much. Blizzard don't know how to be new these days.

I bet $1000 they will answer a question about RP servers and phasing, again, just to waste time.

We already have those in BfA, just not with a naga theme.

We already have those in BfA, just not with a naga theme.
    Yeah I thought they called them incursions too. My bad.

But still they can't called the Naga one "quests" when it's the same one but just spawns in one of the random 6 zones.

None of the new world quests this patch are actually new.

As I said the Tortollan one is just the Azsuna drawing quest and Beachead flipped around where you kill the turtles.

the last q & a they did pretty well so hopefully they will continue with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazadar View Post
    the last q & a they did pretty well so hopefully they will continue with this one.
    The last one was a story panel one. Not helmed by Ion. That's why it went well.

The last one was a story panel one. Not helmed by Ion. That's why it went well.
    the last one with Ion and Lore went well. that's what i'm talking about.