Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Not a very big list for a console that's been out 2+ years.
    Oh?

So show me all the consoles that did better with 100% exclusive games in 2 years and 2 weeks(since your + is mighty disingenuous).

Put your money where your mouth is and prove it's less then what other systems did in the same time span. Don't try to backtrack 3 generations either.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-17 at 07:22 PM.

Not a very big list for a console that's been out 2+ years. Also, Arms was being developed as a WiiU game first. I'm sure some of those others were as well.
    Eh, here is the list of a 6 year old console. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...n_4-only_games Not very big too.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Eh, here is the list of a 6 year old console. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...n_4-only_games Not very big too.
    PS4 won't be 6 years old for another 8 months but yea... He's the one that put the ridiculous standard of only counting games you can literally only play on a single system. If you look at what the PS4 was at after 2 years and 2 weeks lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    PS4 won't be 6 years old for another 8 months but yea... He's the one that put the ridiculous standard of only counting games you can literally only play on a single system. If you look at what the PS4 was at after 2 years and 2 weeks lol...
    By my count that would be:

Infamous Second Son
    The Last of Us - Remastered
    LittleBigPlanet 3 - Also on PS3
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    God of War III - Remastered
    The Order: 1886
    Counterspy - Also on PS3 and Vita
    MLB 13, 14, 15 - Also on PS3 and Vita
    Knack
    Bloodborne - Published by SCE, developed by FromSoftware

Take out those that are remastered or on other PS platforms and yeah...
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering getting a switch as a mario/zelda box. Any other games in a similar vein I should look at?

Super Mario Maker 2 is going to be god, and I bet you it gets a surprise release at E3 since it is dated for some time in June. I just hope hope hope there is a way to bring my levels forward from the first game, I have too many awesome levels that I do not want to have to rebuild from scratch.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Super Mario Maker 2 is going to be god, and I bet you it gets a surprise release at E3 since it is dated for some time in June. I just hope hope hope there is a way to bring my levels forward from the first game, I have too many awesome levels that I do not want to have to rebuild from scratch.
    I highly doubt you will have any of the levels from the first game in #2.

There was a lot of issues with the first game they likely want to avoid and so many changes coming with #2 its better to start off with a clean slate.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's not going to get a "surprise release" at e3 because you can't surprise release a game with physical copies. It will likely be around the same time Tennis Aces was last year, so last week of the month ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I highly doubt you will have any of the levels from the first game in #2.

There was a lot of issues with the first game they likely want to avoid and so many changes coming with #2 its better to start off with a clean slate.
    Ya but the ability to copy over my levels so that I can add new stuff would not be that hard to do. I designed my levels exceedingly well and like Nintendo would make them. Every step of the way I think what would Nintendo do? I put a ton of effort into them and not having a way to bring them over so that I could add or change things would suck hard and be a poor decision. The Wii U servers are still up and I assume for a reason.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Ya but the ability to copy over my levels so that I can add new stuff would not be that hard to do. I designed my levels exceedingly well and like Nintendo would make them. Every step of the way I think what would Nintendo do? I put a ton of effort into them and not having a way to bring them over so that I could add or change things would suck hard and be a poor decision. The Wii U servers are still up and I assume for a reason.
    Still not going to happen because it would still bring all the issues MM1 had.

There is levels that you can not complete, There is levels that require you to do things to complete that likely won't be in MM1 (like P Switch Jumps).

It would take way too much time to deal with all of that, There is no chance MM1 levels are coming to MM2. If there was they would have said so in the announcement video.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Wii U servers are still up and I assume for a reason.
    The Wii U servers for Splatoon 1 are still up, you couldn't copy over your progress to Splatoon 2 so not sure what this reasoning is lol...

This isn't happening for a major reason, nobody wants troll levels populating the servers on day 1 of the game. Nintendo is not stupid enough to make this mistake, in fact they go out of their way to actively prevent things that could make casual players mad.

The Wii U servers for Splatoon 1 are still up, you couldn't copy over your progress to Splatoon 2 so not sure what this reasoning is lol...

This isn't happening for a major reason, nobody wants troll levels populating the servers on day 1 of the game. Nintendo is not stupid enough to make this mistake, in fact they go out of their way to actively prevent things that could make casual players mad.
    No I mean they should make a tool so you can bring your levels over yourself, not them doing it. All the broken levels were removed anywyas.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Well he's right - most games are ports or started development on the WiiU - there are very few Switch original games.
    Yeah, but imho XBC2 is the best game that's ever been made and it's 100 hours long before you open the xpak, so there's that.

It's a pretty good system. I don't think many people owned a WiiU so if you actually do count those games it has a ton of content, BotW being the prime example.

I wish we would get some of the other zelda's remastered or the other Xenoblade Chronicles games.

I'd much rather have guaranteed good ports from a console that I've never owned than random 3rd party crap. I only want to play the best, because I do have limited time. I get to cherry pick the best games from last gen plus get all new Nintendo games. You can go an entire generation and never have a game as good as XBC2 on your console at all, much less as an exclusive. It's quite good to say the least. You have a console out that have years and years worth of games, but no good exclusives. That console is not the Switch(It's the Xbox).

Moreover, since the Switch is portable, I actually game a lot more than I once did. I can hang out with family now and grind at the same time. It's cool. Very good console. I'm about to buy my 3rd one, for other family members to keep them fighting over the second one.

I also have a PS4 Pro and usually keep it pretty busy. I'm playing DMC5 right now. Sekiro steelbook is preordered.

Gaming PC is a 2080 and 4790k, so I don't need an xbox.

If I was trying to disparage the Switch(which I'm not saying you are) I would hit it on the Online connectivity. The games are on point, sorry but they are(imo)......I'm not one who easily admits a system has good games(Wii-U and the Wii were very limited, because indies were less of a thing, shovelware was more of a thing, and 3rd parties misunderstood/hated it) of but this thing has some of the best ever.

In other words, if you were to diss a Nintendo console, the kiddie argument is still good. The bad online argument is still good. The Nintendo fanbase/fanboyism is still good, but I think the "no games" argument ends with the Switch. Even ports get a new life thanks to portability and the games that are on the system are gems.

Example of my enjoyment on this thing: I love Hollow Knight. I would not trade my switch version because I can play it in the recliner in the living room while others are watching TV, and it is AWESOME!!!! Because of that(for me) Switch is the way to play it. Of course it may not do 4k and 60fps, but to me I would never have even played Hollow Knight if not for the Switch. That is worth noting, because Hollow Knight is great.

PS: Sorry for the rambling. I'm not trying to argue, just wanted my opinion known here. What I state is of course just my opinion.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-03-19 at 05:48 PM.

No I mean they should make a tool so you can bring your levels over yourself, not them doing it. All the broken levels were removed anywyas.
    No they wasn't.

You can still find broken levels to this day. There is many levels in the game requiring Phantom Jump's that you can't do anymore therefore you can't complete the level.

It's not going to happen, and a level doesn't need to be "broken" or un completable to be a troll level. There are many levels that require tricks only possible in SMM and weren't really tools you learn playing mario and the game needs to marinate with the new audience before you see those uploaded by the 1000s.

Playing super expert right now is a shit show, you might find 1 legitimate good and hard level for every 10 full games you play of it. Hard pass on any "tool" that lets you easily copy over those levels and upload them. SMM was a far better game at launch then it is now, SMM2 will also be a far better game at launch then it will be 2 years later. The launch experience doesn't need to be ruined by the shit the game becomes later on.

Anyways like I said it's pointless to talk about because Nintendo has literally carried nothing from Wii U over to the Switch in sequels and ports so it's not going to happen anyways. In fact the new game might be running on such a wildly different engine that it's not even possible in the first place.

It ain't happening mate.

In fact the new game might be running on such a wildly different engine that it's not even possible in the first place.
    This is actually very true.

From what I have heard (so I could be wrong) from a few SMM SE runners is that P Switch jump's was able to happen due to the shaking a item to turn it into another item setup when creating a level.

The code used to do it is what allowed you to P Switch Jump. Since that won't be a thing in SMM2 something like that would require Nintendo actually put it in the game.

That one change gets rid of like 50% of the levels in Super Expert alone.

Playing super expert right now is a shit show, you might find 1 legitimate good and hard level for every 10 full games you play of it. .
    Funnily enough my daughter wanted to make some Mario levels out of the blue this past weekend. I played a few random levels myself and saying 1% decent levels at the expert levels would be generous. they need some way to weed out the garbage in MM2 with downvoting or something. Crap levels need to get flushed out, and the great ones (and I've played some great ones) need to be allowed to shine. I'll be on top of this release the first month or so because MM1 was gold until the expert garbage levels started creeping into it.

As much as I'd enjoy an import function, I'm perfectly fine with starting again with all the new tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, but XBC2 is the best game that's ever been made and it's 100 hours long before you open the xpak, so there's that.
    It's subjective. XC2 was good but not as smooth as Ys VIII which was also on the switch, as a very similar game, but with real-time combat.

Both games had stellar soundtracks. Both games have cutscenes, but XC2 cutscenes are highly annoying as it break the "gameplay" mode with enemies not really being killed .. or just cinematics showing NPC's doing stuff they could never actually do in game .. Zzz.. Sorry I specifically did an overkill .. yet you want to tell me it was just an armwrestling match on that boss (and nobody really got hurt)?

I played through XBC2 + torna... they are definitely good, but not great, imo. Definitely good though. Not the best game ever made. No way.

Ys VIII was to a handheld like slippery is to a banana. I enjoyed that game much more than XC2.

I finally got the Zelda game. Interesting so far, smooth. Verdict still out, but looks reasonably polished.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-18 at 10:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, but XBC2 is the best game that's ever been made
    Lol, what?

Fire Emblem Treehouses gets my dingdong hard. Also really looking forward to Bayonetta (DMC did kind of steal a some hype away for me tho because everyone is talking about how good it is but I don't fuck with single player game with microtransactions), Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion, and Zelda (really like the old school zelda formula instead of BOTW but everyone seems to think BOTW is 10/10 so I feel like I'm alone on this one).

I didn't think I would enjoy the Yoshi's game because it looked way too easy and boring but after playing the demo I thought it was pretty fun and I had the exact opposite thought when playing the Daeman x Machina demo..I got bored super quick and wanted to go back to playing something else right away.

I hope they make the new Pokemon game actually good and not just a 100% for babies ezshitfestival like the last 100 games have been.

Been listening to this shit for days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3JjZ4qy88
    Last edited by Volitar; 2019-03-19 at 11:43 AM.
    Hi Sephurik