https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ge_item_level/

So it seems like your groups average item level impacts the quality of drops, so if you're grouped with folks with lower level items it means your drops will suffer.

Curious to see if BW responds to confirm or not. If it's legit then that's nonsensical and dumb considering players loot is per-individual and not group based.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

So it seems like your groups average item level impacts the quality of drops, so if you're grouped with folks with lower level items it means your drops will suffer.

Curious to see if BW responds to confirm or not. If it's legit then that's nonsensical and dumb considering players loot is per-individual and not group based.
    What the actual fuck lol.

If that's true then just lol. How can a dev team be this bloody incompetent at designing games? And a AAA one at that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...oot_rarity_is/

Added additional post from another guy on this yesterday. Your item level seems to impact the quality of loot dropped (not the GM difficulty alone), so it seems to potentially impact both solo and group play.

These kinds of hidden mechanics seem to continually get uncovered and reacted to poorly by the community. BW needs to be more transparent (you know, that thing they totally promised) to head off shit like this. Both because these hidden mechanics usually seem very unpopular and because players are frustrated with how obtuse and secretive basic mechanics like drops are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...oot_rarity_is/

Added additional post from another guy on this yesterday. Your item level seems to impact the quality of loot dropped (not the GM difficulty alone), so it seems to potentially impact both solo and group play.

These kinds of hidden mechanics seem to continually get uncovered and reacted to poorly by the community. BW needs to be more transparent (you know, that thing they totally promised) to head off shit like this. Both because these hidden mechanics usually seem very unpopular and because players are frustrated with how obtuse and secretive basic mechanics like drops are.
    AHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh my god dude this is absolute perfection.

So not only have they messed up the drops they've also messed up how the quality of loot will be?

How in the hell did they fuck up a basic mechanic for an ARPG loot game? Man can you imagine if Diablo 3 worked like that?

"Oh your other 3 party members haven't cleared Greater Rift 70 so you can't get any Primal Ancient Legendaries".....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-18 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh my god dude this is absolute perfection.

So not only have they messed up the drops they've also messed up how the quality of loot will be?

How in the hell did they fuck up a basic mechanic for an ARPG loot game?
    This isn't confirmed yet, so don't pull out the pitchforks and torches. We've had a few false alarms in the past so it's possible these are outliers that aren't reflected in larger data sets. I'm very eager to see if BW response or to see if more players can reproduce these findings to add more weight to them.

This isn't confirmed yet, so don't pull out the pitchforks and torches. We've had a few false alarms in the past so it's possible these are outliers that aren't reflected in larger data sets. I'm very eager to see if BW response or to see if more players can reproduce these findings to add more weight to them.
    Pitchforks away. Torch is out at least.

But still if it's the case then just amazing. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'm sure as hell glad I did not drop £60 of my hard earned cash on this. Because it's not a £60/$80 game at all.

Livestream Wednesday at 4PM EST.

10+ Year Old Account

It's just baffling how a dev studio that has one of their studio branches running a literal MMORPG still manages to stumble this badly about how loot is distributed.

They did 4 runs... 4 runs is not remotely large enough for any statistical sampling.

They also didn't take into account the luck stat variance. This is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They did 4 runs... 4 runs is not remotely large enough for any statistical sampling.

They also didn't take into account the luck stat variance. This is a non-issue.
    Considering we've seen other players (I linked another post from a player who played solo and saw similar results) I think there may be legs to this. As I stated when I posted that update this could just be limited sample sizes, but there are a lot of comments from folks with similar experiences as well.

Hence why I'm waiting for BW to hopefully respond to clarify. Because again, if it's legit that's a big issue. But if it's just bad RNG then such is life, but BW is unsurprisingly not getting too much benefit of the doubt given their issues thus far.

Considering we've seen other players (I linked another post from a player who played solo and saw similar results) I think there may be legs to this. As I stated when I posted that update this could just be limited sample sizes, but there are a lot of comments from folks with similar experiences as well.

Hence why I'm waiting for BW to hopefully respond to clarify. Because again, if it's legit that's a big issue. But if it's just bad RNG then such is life, but BW is unsurprisingly not getting too much benefit of the doubt given their issues thus far.
    Why would they go out of their way to do that? That seems like a system they'd have to go out of their way to put in there.

They've stated in the past that things that affect loot drops are effect are difficulty level, pilot level and luck calculated on a per individual basis.

I'm not buying the latest outrage.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-18 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's just baffling how a dev studio that has one of their studio branches running a literal MMORPG still manages to stumble this badly about how loot is distributed.
    Incompetence. Plain and simple. And it doesn't help they are making a lot of mistakes when the competition in the genre is out and not making them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Why would they go out of their way to do that? That seems like a system they'd have to go out of their way to put in there.
    I mean, this could be a relevant question for a lot of their decisions, honestly.

But why? Because they want folks following a rather predictable, linear power curve rather than jumping from a fresh 30 to getting carried through GM3 for a fast set of MW/legendary gear. Because they wanted to put harder caps on invidivual player progression so that even amazing players couldn't jump to higher difficulties on worse geared characters and bypass the blue -> purple -> orange power curve that's designed.

Logically, it makes sense from the perspective that you're trying to preserve and extend the tail of the endgame grind. Especially with the rather minimal amount of endgame content. By artificially slowing players down by scaling loot to their loot quality you're keeping folks playing longer if they want a full set of MW/legendary gear.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-03-18 at 09:30 PM.

By artificially slowing players down by scaling loot to their loot quality you're keeping folks playing longer if they want a full set of MW/legendary gear.
    It goes back to Developers/Publishers caring more about timed played then how much fun your having.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, It just fits the GAAS model.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sorry but I no longer see it that way. Scammed is a solid fit. It was presented at one of their biggest showings and then they chose to never say otherwise. I can understand where people get the scammed idea from. Plus, this probably isn't the first time it's happened to them either.
    Not going to completely disagree here, but what happened with Anthem as far as the differences previously presented vs what we got isn't THAT much different than what you see in most games. The things shown EARLY sometimes differ a bit from the final product. Were we scammed with all those other games too? Or is Anthem just getting hit a lot harder because it has more wrong with it?

So to get the best drops in Anthem:

-Don't play with your friends. Those scum will just slow you down.
    -Don't wear useful gear, just your highest gearscore trash.

I loved the game and the classes each felt unique and different, they nailed that part of the game. But Content is the main issue there are basically 2 Strongholds and one that is just a repeat of the final mission which no one does. Basically the game is just spam Tyrant Mine over and over again to never get any upgrades. They need to make it so you only get upgrades for the Jav. you are playing I am sick of getting Masterworks for Javelin's Ill never play. Even at that there just is not enough variety to hold my attention. The game feels incomplete to me and I have moved on to the Division 2 until they get their shit together, maybe in 6 months it will be worth it, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I loved the game and the classes each felt unique and different, they nailed that part of the game. But Content is the main issue there are basically 2 Strongholds and one that is just a repeat of the final mission which no one does. Basically the game is just spam Tyrant Mine over and over again to never get any upgrades. They need to make it so you only get upgrades for the Jav. you are playing I am sick of getting Masterworks for Javelin's Ill never play. Even at that there just is not enough variety to hold my attention. The game feels incomplete to me and I have moved on to the Division 2 until they get their shit together, maybe in 6 months it will be worth it, but not now.
    Heart of Rage actually gives you the highest chance for the best loot due to the mob types some of the encounters are. For example I walked out of HoR on GM2 with 8 Masterworks and a Legendary from a single run over the weekend.

Oh my.

I guess if you want the best drops, just snub everyone who hasn't played as long. Yikes for newbies / midbies.

EA killing off newish customers faster than any blogs can possibly do ..

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not going to completely disagree here, but what happened with Anthem as far as the differences previously presented vs what we got isn't THAT much different than what you see in most games. The things shown EARLY sometimes differ a bit from the final product. Were we scammed with all those other games too? Or is Anthem just getting hit a lot harder because it has more wrong with it?
    Truthfully, the way I look at it given your question is, did any of those other companies before the release of their game also make a showing of their changes? If not then yea. You likely were going off old material that tainted your decision. I don't think scammed is to far off from a bullseye.

I will add though, I also think anthem is taking the brunt of a lot of fed up gamers and how a number of released AAA games have been down right poorly developed with little to no polish and plenty of bugs and thats before you start adding in shitty business practices of loot boxes and cash shops and the game heavily designed around those things. Skipping the steps of a game has to be good first.

So yea, I think anthem is also taking waves of negativity from pissed off gamers that built up from other games combined with anthems plethora of problems. The sad part is given anthem, it deserves it.

Like I said. It seems like something new from a poorly designed game every few days.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-03-19 at 12:00 AM.