Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3 hours a night.

Make it 2. Is it possible to be geared and enjoy end game content with this many hours a day...never mind 2, 3 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Make it 2. Is it possible to be geared and enjoy end game content with this many hours a day...never mind 2, 3 hours?
    You would be playing more than the majority of mythic raiders.

Absolutely as long as you spend it playing game and not just running circles in Dalaran. Normal raid can be cleared in 2-3 hours, HC takes a bit longer. 2-3 hours a day is enough time for m+ or some arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You would be playing more than the majority of mythic raiders.
    Legit, what happened to the game? I recently built a new rig, and was thinking of playing a bit, but I’m a bit worried, should I wait for vanilla?

Average serious mythic raiding guild raids 9 hours a week

Average heroic raiding guilds are often raiding 6 hours a week

So yeah,it is possible to enjoy the end game content without putting in 14 or 21 hours a week

Legit, what happened to the game? I recently built a new rig, and was thinking of playing a bit, but I’m a bit worried, should I wait for vanilla?
    Mythic raid for us is 3 hours a week twice. Do our weekly mythic+ (half the people in our guild didn't do it even when reminded and have neck levels below 40). We are still 5/9M. This raid tier was so easy I feel embarrassed we are only 5/9 M just a little over 1 month into the tier (even with attendance causing us to cancel last 2 weeks).

In my guild almost everyone would rather just play other games outside of raid time. I've been having more fun playing other MMOs. Wow isn't an RPG anymore. It's Ion's spreadsheet.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-03-19 at 03:51 AM.

2 hours a night would make it 14 hours a week and 56 hours a month .

thats borderline hardcore gaming -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    2 hours a night would make it 14 hours a week and 56 hours a month .

thats borderline hardcore gaming -_-
    It all depends on HOW you play. If you run around in circles in dalaran or never do anything but heroic dungeons, that's just a lot of casual gaming.

Game is pretty much as good/bad as ever and current raid tier is exceptional. Also mmo-champ posters are as whiny as ever too. Sky isn't falling, if you want to play 3 hrs a night and raid, you will be able to same as in other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Absolutely as long as you spend it playing game and not just running circles in Dalaran.
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one. I used to even do this in WotLK and BC(Shattrath)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can, you just can't pursue things like raiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The most efficient way to play wow is to pay lots of gold to a guild that will carry you through heroic BoD and funnel all the gear to your toon. Then also pay lots of gold to a guild that will power chain you through high level M+ keys and funnel all the gear to your toon. Then you show up and raid mythic BoD with your guild.

So sure, it is possible. Although you would be spending a lot of real life money to buy tokens and convert that into in-game gold to purchase these services, it can be done.

But WoW is pay to win. You can buy a powerful toon.

Other people have the luxury of friends that will power their toon for free.

Where is the skill in any of this? I don't know. You tell me.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-03-19 at 08:05 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just make friends in the game, there are still friendly guilds
    if you play you will gear up even is it is only 2 or 3 hours a day

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SO you wanted to know if you could enjoy the game with time restraints and after finding out you can you want to wait to play a version full of even more tedious timesinks?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why? Because in Vanilla you could enjoy endgame content with less than 2 hrs? Or once Vanilla comes around, you suddenly have 6 hrs a day?
    In vanilla, people would pay real life money to people that would level their toons or funnel gear to them. The difference from then to today is that the wow token exists which allows Blizzard to take a cut of the action. The Gallywix solution.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    In vanilla, people would pay real life money to people that would level their toons or funnel gear to them. The difference from then to today is that the wow token exists which allows Blizzard to take a cut of the action. The Gallywix solution.
    You are grossly overestimating the impact of the WoW token and its relation to in-game currency sales.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Mythic raid for us is 3 hours a week twice. Do our weekly mythic+ (half the people in our guild didn't do it even when reminded and have neck levels below 40). We are still 5/9M. This raid tier was so easy I feel embarrassed we are only 5/9 M just a little over 1 month into the tier (even with attendance causing us to cancel last 2 weeks).

In my guild almost everyone would rather just play other games outside of raid time. I've been having more fun playing other MMOs. Wow isn't an RPG anymore. It's Ion's spreadsheet.
    Lol imagine claiming that you're "almost embarassed" by how easy the tier is but you've stopped right before the actual difficult bosses hahaha

yes it is possible if you spend your time efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one. I used to even do this in WotLK and BC(Shattrath)
    haha lot of people do that. There was even addon in Legion that counted how many laps you did.

Depends on many factors. You obviously are not going to participate in top raiding guilds with so little time invested. But if we are talking average, meaning you get some days off and contribute more on others, you can get into mythic raiding by spending 14 hours a week on one character. You can get away with less if you are a tank or a healer (because of easier/faster access to gearing content). Overall, you need to spend a little more during progression if you want to be a contributor and not a drag. But can probably get away with half that during farm.