View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I think the EU should make us an offer we can't refuse.
    Perhaps someday, and that day may never come, we will call upon you to do a service for us...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ultimately I agree. And yeah, a two year extension is a disaster and I have no idea why Tusk is floating it unless he agreed to do so with May to help her push the deal, something that is ultimately quite likely. I mean as I said earlier, I'd just love to see how people would campaign in the UK for those EU MEP elections that they will hold for an indeterminate amount of time as their country tries to decide what color the sky is today.
    I still think that May's Deal was the best option for the EU. The Speaker fucked that for now, but there is an alternative. They can end this session of parliament EARLY. By ending the session of parliament early and beginning a new one, the Deal can now come to a vote since it is a new session. But to do that, they'd need a few more weeks at least.
    And then what? Have it rejected again? See, the reason why they reject it is not silly. It's the sanest reasoning they have come up with so far, the deal puts the UK into a quasi-vassal state. I would reject it if I was MP. They are actually putting themselves in the dependency from the EU they wanted to evade when they initiated the bloody process.

I don't see this as a viable solution. Legal trickery is not the right move here.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Yes but the alternative is taking responsibility for their actions so far. That's just too damn scary. They didn't become politicians to be held accountable for their actions!?
    Rofl, don't ruin my fantasy. I'm living for the day when someone realises they ought to be able to sue them for this shitshow. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I grew up in Greece, the idea that a politician could be held accountable sounds alien to me.
    I've only once seen a politician be held responsible, and the dick fled to some South American country and was never heard from again.

Here's the link, if you want to see German dick politicians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Schill

I am a professional procrastinator!
    Apparently, Steve Jobs was one for procrastination.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if May called recess early. It'd be the cherry on top of the cake.

@ Remainer Brits

People's Vote March next Saturday.

Last one was fun. Even if this one is a moot point, still worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Apparently, Steve Jobs was one for procrastination.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if May called recess early. It'd be the cherry on top of the cake.

@ Remainer Brits

People's Vote March next Saturday.

Last one was fun. Even if this one is a moot point, still worth doing.
    It IS worth doing. Rest assured, the rest of the EU is watching you. It will help your case for re-application at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It IS worth doing. Rest assured, the rest of the EU is watching you. It will help your case for re-application at a later date.
    Both @Skroe and I have been saying since the referendum that the likely outcome in the long term is going to be a trajectory similar to that of countries that departed NATO but ended up rejoining - the UK, or whatever is left of it if Scotland/NI doesn't try breaking off, will simply see the costs as too high and public opinion will shift enough that reapplication will seem more favorable. To say nothing of the fact that once this shitbag administration is evicted from office in the US, the series of governments in the US are likely to push for that simply because the UK being in the EU sphere is in American interests, too.

Brexit or no Brexit, it doesn't deal with the source of the problem in that austerity has inflicted a blight on the UK and until it gets a government willing to actually spend money again, it will continue slipping into what is effectively European periphery conditions on par with Greece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The Western World has been cursed with some rancid politicians in the last 20 years. Liars. Cheats. Demagogues. All around terrible people. David Cameron is one of the worst. He is not a demagogue like Donald Trump, nor a liar like Tony Blair, nor crooked like Sarkozy, nor naive like Obama. No. He was the politician who found new ways to be incompetent at politicking on issues that had the potential to be highly destructive.
    Jeremy Paxman has a nice little rant about how he is likely the worst Prime minister in UK history, and he'll have met a fair few and interviewed most of cabinet for few decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The delusion of Brexiteers summarized:

Starts around 7:00.

I like how he just makes up shit as he goes along... the UK has a strong hand, time compression "concentrating their minds and make them rapidly discuss free trade terms", "that will bring them to the table"... Sheesh, he really thinks the British Empire still exists, doesn't he? He wants to force the EU to the table? Has he not seen what happened in the past 2 years the EU was at the table? And now they want to do "rapid"? They fuck about for 2 years and now it's time to press for time? Rofl...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the UK was to be allowed back in too soon there would be things that need doing that wont get done

EU army springs to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    If the UK was to be allowed back in too soon there would be things that need doing that wont get done

EU army springs to mind
    Not sure that is completely true, even after a brexit both sides still want military cooperation since it's cost effective and as skroe has pointed out the UK has spend the last several terms to cut back heavily on military spending.

They would need to up their spending immensely during a time of economic crisis to really be on their own.

For political calls I do agree with you, the UK has for a large part always voted in agreement with the EU but they also Often were a disruptive force trying to squeeze out personal benefits and producing bad EU sceptics who's aim is to dismantle the EU, instead of building on it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not sure that is completely true, even after a brexit both sides still want military cooperation since it's cost effective and as skroe has pointed out the UK has spend the last several terms to cut back heavily on military spending.
    The UK has been pretty clear on their opposition to such a thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    The UK has been pretty clear on their opposition to such a thing...
    EU army yes because they have some sort of odd vision about it, while mostly it would be building on the effective joint operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Talking of irony, Erskine-May was Theresa May's husband's great-great-grandfather.

Oh, damn. Peston, and me, have been had! It was a joke!
    On that note, The Times had this to add:

EU army springs to mind
    The idea is that the UK wants back into the EU, because they took a bit of time for soul searching, finding themselves, thinking and all that other hippie stuff angsty teenager girls do before they grow up and understand what the EU is about.

The Britain of that future would be an asset to the EU, not a constant nagger and feet dragger, a doubter... in short, useless as they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how leave voters cry that the Government hasn't respected the result of the referendum.

We've spent 3 years in political gridlock, wasted millions of pounds trying to deliver on the result of the referendum, what the hell do they expect to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by gothmoth11 View Post
    "Cry"? What are you, an 11-year old playing a video game?
    And here you are, whinging.

Once again, for the benefit of the very, very stupid, it takes TEN SECONDS to set up another account and get around a ban here.

The way you people say "ENJOY YOUR BAN!!!!!" like you were invoking the wrath of God or something is truly sad.

Second, because you voted remain, doesn't mean that you agree with a bunch of nauseating sub-literate corporate namby-pamby liberals and fuckwitted eurotrash.
    Cute. Did you look up those words randomly in your anti-establishment propaganda book? I mean, you nearly got all the buzzwords in, you forgot "lefty", "fascist", "commie" (yes, they can be used together if you're mad enough), "globalist" and... oh, yes... "sheep", the oldie but goldie.

Come on, you can do better. My left nut is better at trolling than you are. Ask your parents to help you, clearly you have trouble understanding grammar and sentence structure... "because you voted remain, doesn't mean that you agree with a bunch of nauseating sub-literate corporate namby-pamby liberals and fuckwitted eurotrash." What does that even mean? Are you trying to attack her or defend her? "Clearly I hate Remainers and think they're 'a bunch of nauseating sub-literate corporate namby-pamby liberals and fuckwitted eurotrash' but just because you vote Remain doesn't mean I think you're one."

That's actually the nicest passive aggressive defensive cop out I've seen so far. You're like a corgi trying to be vicious but making everyone go "awww" instead, aren't you? You little rascal...

Are you flirting with me? I'm not into German guys, sorry.
    Wow, what a comeback... straight into the weird sexual thing.

That's actually the nicest passive aggressive defensive cop out I've seen so far. You're like a corgi trying to be vicious but making everyone go "awww" instead, aren't you? You little rascal...
    Continually engaging with the burner to slag them off just makes you look like you've got far too much time on your hands. Debate the politics they discuss or ignore them, surely you can muster the willpower for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Continually engaging with the burner to slag them off just makes you look like you've got far too much time on your hands. Debate the politics they discuss or ignore them, surely you can muster the willpower for that?
    I want mods to fix this, these posts shouldn't even be possible.