Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I tried shield either it's so weak they eat through it in 2 seconds or you can only use your pistol
    You don't just stand there like Supernan the entire battle. It buys you time to traverse to a more advantageous area or flank a few guys then grab cover to regen the shield. Or helps against a bad reinforcement where you are pinned from both sides. There are also gear mods that increase shield health.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You don't just stand there like Supernan the entire battle. It buys you time to traverse to a more advantageous area or flank a few guys then grab cover to regen the shield. Or helps against a bad reinforcement where you are pinned from both sides. There are also gear mods that increase shield health.
    I tend to reload a lot, so I also tend to get caught with my pants down by flanking enemies or guys just spawning behind me. The shield saves my bacon in these situations, turning what should have been a defeat into victory.

It's less of a tool I use all the time, and more of an OH SH*T button. Now that I think of it, I wonder if it will save me from those Hammer dudes. I'll need to test that.

I assume its a balance factor, but all melee staggers shields. The half shield at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea how to restart the initial setup that shows up when one first starts the game? I've chosen large fonts and now the left loot message window ow looks ridiculous. It's not the setting from UI.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I assume its a balance factor, but all melee staggers shields. The half shield at least.
    Hey, if it stops me from being oneshot I'm ok with it. Although if I get staggered I'm not sure how long I'll last anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If you don't update your armor and weapons ever 2 levels or so, you REALLY feel the difference.
    I joined a group with open world exploration matchmaking and they were doing something quite high since i saw skulls over head of mobs and i got literally oneshotted 4/5 times
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    How was the xp though for a low lvl? because I have friends coming to the game at a later date but like in Division 1 we power lvl'd them through t5 challenging dungeons, im hoping we can do the same so we can do high lvl shizz together

Even though im only lvl 4 myself atm not had a great deal of time to play but soon no work for a few weeks due to emigration.
    Didn't keep much attention to xp (i was too worried about staying alive) but there didn't seem to be difference in xp gain from doing activities suit for your lvl
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to do my project in DZE, normalised is pretty brutal, plus every player I met wanted to kill me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Went to do my project in DZE, normalised is pretty brutal, plus every player I met wanted to kill me lol.
    I mean it is called the Dark Zone.

Not the Friendzone

Literally me in TD1 Dark Zone
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-19 at 11:39 AM.

How do I find out which mod can be applied to which weapon BEFORE crafting it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How do I find out which mod can be applied to which weapon BEFORE crafting it?
    Having cursory knowledge about the gun in question is basically it.

Like knowing an AK-47 uses 7.62 and AR-15 variants use 5.56, etc. Otherwise you are flying blind apart from obvious ones... Like a belt-fed magazine upgrade is obviously only going to work on belt-fed LMGs.

But there is no reason not to just craft all of the attachments anyways, you only have to craft them once and then you can use them over and over on everything forever.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Having cursory knowledge about the gun in question is basically it.

Like knowing an AK-47 uses 7.62 and AR-15 variants use 5.56, etc. Otherwise you are flying blind apart from obvious ones... Like a belt-fed magazine upgrade is obviously only going to work on belt-fed LMGs.

But there is no reason not to just craft all of the attachments anyways, you only have to craft them once and then you can use them over and over on everything forever.
    Oh, they don't block the inventory? Then obviously it doesn't matter, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just armor and skill mods, which have their own separate little inventory.

Ok...my first real gripe with The Divison 2 outside of the MTX/Season Pass thing:

Do my first stronghold at level 30. Get stuck in the terrain multiple times.

Waves of unlimited enemies. No...just no. This is terrible design. There should NEVER be unlimited enemies. If you have to rely on that it means your encounter design has failed or you were too lazy or uncreative to make a real challenge.

This was compounded by me getting stuck in slow walk mode. Can't get out of it. Had to completely restart The Divison, which also restarted the entire encounter, which is already an endurance match because of unlimited enemies + dying once solo means you have to do the ENTIRE encounter from scratch.

So annoyed with this crap. It's already difficult enough to solo without anyone to cover you, or rez you. I don't need crippling bugs making it harder.

- - - Updated - - -

And you get so many materials that there's no reason to be stingy. Just craft all the mods.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-19 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Anyone know if the option to change your hairstyle is alrdy in this one? I know it was patched in later on in Div 1 but I havent really had a chance to look around and see if there is.
    There's a mission part way through the game to recruit a barber that lets you change tattoos, hairstyle, and hair color.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was compounded by me getting stuck in slow walk mode. Can't get out of it. Had to completely restart The Divison, which also restarted the entire encounter, which is already an endurance match because of unlimited enemies + dying once solo means you have to do the ENTIRE encounter from scratch.

So annoyed with this crap. It's already difficult enough to solo without anyone to cover you, or rez you. I don't need crippling bugs making it harder.
    You can pack hive for selfrez. I think it's a staple for solo.

I can't imagine solo without it, because it eliminates the eventual "fukk I got flanked and shot in my ass from 5 direction lol" cases or "I did stupid thing" cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can pack hive for selfrez. I think it's a staple for solo.

I can't imagine solo without it, because it eliminates the eventual "fukk I got flanked and shot in my ass from 5 direction lol" cases or "I did stupid thing" cases.
    I've been using the shield as my "OH SH*T!!" button since it's more or less on-demand. The problem I have with Hive is that it has such a long cooldown, and you have to predict when you'll need it instead of being able to react to a poor situation.

But it's probably the right tool for longer encounters, and I might change my stance on it later on if I find enough gear to make it more readily available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    Any idea how to restart the initial setup that shows up when one first starts the game? I've chosen large fonts and now the left loot message window ow looks ridiculous. It's not the setting from UI.
    accessibility

I've been using the shield as my "OH SH*T!!" button since it's more or less on-demand. The problem I have with Hive is that it has such a long cooldown, and you have to predict when you'll need it instead of being able to react to a poor situation.

But it's probably the right tool for longer encounters, and I might change my stance on it later on if I find enough gear to make it more readily available.
    You don't have to predict it. If it is off CD it activates itself when you are down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to predict it. If it is off CD it activates itself when you are down.
    Yep, it's auto-selfrez, no need to use it, if that was the confusion there.