Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think this is a bug or Horde Bias - (BFA city portals)

I've started a Zandalari Druid and a Kul Tiran Druid.

Odd thing is what portals they have in their city.

The Zandalari at level 22 gets portals to Orgrimmar, Thunderbluff and Silvermoon. (in Dazar'alor)

The Kul Tiran at level 22 only gets a portal to Stormwind. (in Boralus)

Anyone else confirm this happens for them too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oversight, I'd bet. I suspect Blizz wants to route everyone to that portal room and may well hide the Thunder Bluff/Silvermoon portals, particularly if those get added to the current portal room.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Oversight, I'd bet. I suspect Blizz wants to route everyone to that portal room and may well hide the Thunder Bluff/Silvermoon portals, particularly if those get added to the current portal room.
    Given the amount of crap they got thrown at them over the portal changes it's pretty bad that this went live (if an oversight or worse if it was intended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, considering the Alliance hub feels more superior, I don't mind - but that is more design. I do believe it might've been an oversight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, considering the Alliance hub feels more superior, I don't mind - but that is more design. I do believe it might've been an oversight.
    Superior? Boralus?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Boralus is just far more convenient than Dazar'alor.
    That, though the superior comment was more the design of the Stormwind Portal room.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think its to prevent unexperienced player from losing track where to go next.
    Thunderbluff and silvermoon have level 20+ areas directly connected to them, while ironforge and the exodar don't have that.
    Boralus has some more portals than just stormwind at 120, so i can't think of another reason why they are missing for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Thunderbluff and silvermoon have level 20+ areas directly connected to them, while ironforge and the exodar don't have that.
    Boralus has some more portals than just stormwind at 120, so i can't think of another reason why they are missing for now.
    You literally cannot make a kul'tiran or a zandalari without being max level and grinding a fuck ton, say what now?

Anyone else has this bug: my paladin is my only character that has no portals in SW. I take the portal from boralus, only to end up in an empty portalroom, without other people and no portals. i have to HS out of there. It seems like a phasing issue but no clue how to fix it

Yeah sure Horde bias, as if anyone would go to those 2 dead cities. Enjoy the AV in new classic as Horde.

Yes, in an addon that is so full of Horde bias that even Taliesin makes a video about it it certainly boils down to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Bug, I am guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Boralus is just far more convenient than Dazar'alor.
    Boralus looks like a slum compared to Dzar'alor. Boralus is in no way superior.

Shit happens: ...
    WoW players: hORdE BiAs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Sure, the troll city looks nice. But it's clear that Dazar'alor was designed as a raid first, and a city second. So much stuff spread out and on multiple levels, while all the essential stuff in Boralus is a nice an compact area, while not feeling cramped at the same time.

Oh it'll be glorious once flying arrives! Dazar'alor feels so fleshed out compared to Boralus can't wait to perch at the top!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Ironforge has Dun Morogh -> Loch Modan -> Wetlands.
    Exodar has Azuremyst Isle -> Bloodmyst Isle, then a quick flight to Darkshore/Ashenvale.

On top of that, the main cities have Heroes' Boards where you can pick three zones to play in, "if all else fails."

Surely horde bias. If noticed, just blame it on a "whoops bug".

10+ Year Old Account
    And you be sure to appreciate that every time you need to send your troops out on a mission, change continents, or die due to fall damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    And you be sure to appreciate that every time you need to send your troops out on a mission, change continents, or die due to fall damage!
    If you get the Dzar'alor upgrade, you have a mission table in the Great Seal in the room above the portals. If you manage to die to fall damage, you really suck at the game, and the trip to change continents is one flight and then a straight line to the ship. Boralus is a dump compared to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Sure, the troll city looks nice. But it's clear that Dazar'alor was designed as a raid first, and a city second. So much stuff spread out and on multiple levels, while all the essential stuff in Boralus is a nice an compact area, while not feeling cramped at the same time.
    When I am in Boralus, I fell like I am trying to navigate the inner city. It's a dump. In Dzar'alor I get to every pace I need to with out running in circles because everything looks the same.