Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Aye the story and area design of Heavensward are a huge step up.

Cut a hella lot down on the breadcrumb BS that ARR had for those 100 quests.

Stormblood is pretty decent too. I think if you enjoyed the Heavensward story you will enjoy the Stormblood one imo. (Didn't mean to make that sound like I was speaking for you there hehe)
    Looking back i think a big lasting appeal for Heavensward was being a modern MMO expansion where its not an 'everything your know and love will die because this time it really is the biggest bad ever, swear on me mum' that causes so many other MMO's to fall apart narratively as they succumb to antagonist fatigue. In HW you are on the lamb and get caught up in what is essentially a blood fued. A few families killed someones sister and he refuses to let that go even long after the perpetrators are dead. Its just a war that in no way is effecting eorza proper and its doubtful Nidhogg could have done a fraction of the damage Bahamut did so its less "heres the loot pinata, beat him or the world dies you know the drill" and more "this stubborn fuck wont listen to reason and is choosing to escalate" and throw in characters like Estinien, ysale and Hauchefaunt and you got a pretty traditional Final Fantasy story that not a lot of online games story updates can compare to.

Its just a shame Stormblood chose to divide their stories between two entirely different locations, styles and casts of characters. Were it just Ala Mihog with more zones and a deeper story about the refugees, rebels and collaborators i think we could have gotten a solid story and saved Doma for later.

So is anyone regularly playing their blue mage? Just remembered yesterday that the job existed cause I haven't played it since the first week it came out.

Really wish they would've just made it a reg job tbh.

Ok so I just saw someone complaining about the Will of the Moon quest and it just reminded me of the time where there were multiple threads about how "hard" it was.

Like... are you fucking serious? I don't care if you've never played a healer, it's just 4 buttons and you don't even have to read up on them. JUST FUCKING USE THEM ONCE AND YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT. It's because people complain about FUN shit like that that Square will probably think twice before they let us play as another NPC again.

This is coming from someone who played WoW from 2008 to 2015 and when I joined FF14 I was still a clicker and didn't even know what gcd and ogcd was.

Just needed to rant. I'm not toxic at all ingame and would even spend time helping someone. But if someone complained to me about this exact quest I don't really know what I'd say.

To think some people have the audacity to complain about things as easy as that and demand that it's nerfed. Fuck sakes

10+ Year Old Account
    that quest felt natural because I lvld WHM as my first job to max, overall love the npc quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Ok so I just saw someone complaining about the Will of the Moon quest and it just reminded me of the time where there were multiple threads about how "hard" it was.
    Uuuh "hard" quest? I don't remember any, which one are you referring to?

The "hardest" quests are the ones where you fight along som NPCs and these NPCs are too retarded to dodge voids. RDM Lv 60 quest comes to mind, in that one I hard to run around like a chickn just so the dumb blonde gal (lol) did not constantly stand in the AoEs and die.

I remember one of the GLA (or maybe PLD) sub 50 quests being a pain. I don't remember much about it or which one, but I remember failing it like 3 times before I said ok I need to update my gear (that was 20 levels out of date).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

The "hardest" quests are the ones where you fight along som NPCs and these NPCs are too retarded to dodge voids. RDM Lv 60 quest comes to mind, in that one I hard to run around like a chickn just so the dumb blonde gal (lol) did not constantly stand in the AoEs and die.
    Watchu mean?

Having Tataru run around and get hit by AoEs while you fight a big angry turtleboi is the best quest ever!

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    So is anyone regularly playing their blue mage? Just remembered yesterday that the job existed cause I haven't played it since the first week it came out.

Really wish they would've just made it a reg job tbh.
    Got it it to 50 in a few days, finished all the class quests, completed all of the Masked Carnival and farmed all the spells within 2 weeks. Haven't touched it since.

I'd be playing the shit out of it if it could be used in higher end content, but for me there's just no reason to keep playing it at level 50 when there's nothing I need or want at level 50.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm so looking like 4.56 will be next tuesday More main story Hilde and alliance beast tribe quests.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Got it it to 50 in a few days, finished all the class quests, completed all of the Masked Carnival and farmed all the spells within 2 weeks. Haven't touched it since.

I'd be playing the shit out of it if it could be used in higher end content, but for me there's just no reason to keep playing it at level 50 when there's nothing I need or want at level 50.
    yea I really like the concept of blue mage and would probably main the job if it was a normal one. pretty sad it's basically side content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hmmm so looking like 4.56 will be next tuesday More main story Hilde and alliance beast tribe quests.
    Possibly a Hildibrand Trial....

INB4 they make it a trash mob in Orbonne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I remember one of the GLA (or maybe PLD) sub 50 quests being a pain. I don't remember much about it or which one, but I remember failing it like 3 times before I said ok I need to update my gear (that was 20 levels out of date).
    Yup low level tank quest are very gear dependent. With lv 20 gear I struggled and ultimately died, with lv 30 gear it was a walk in the park. A scary park, filled with monsters that wanted to rape me but still.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm having a blast back in ff14, though it was a slog getting CNJ caught up to where I was in the MSQ, that was much fast when I finally unlocked the roulette.

I have a question though, so in WoW there's lot's of YT channels focused on lore and lore recap (Nobbel for instance). Can anyone recommend channels that focus on FF14 content? (Mostly just looking to listen to various lore bits while I work).

and I just learned that I can literally marathon all important story from the flipping Inn. So nvm my request for a youtube channel like Nobbel lol, though I did find some.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2019-03-21 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

The one where you play as Y'shtola. And you have only 4 skills.

There were a few threads back when it came out and people were complaining it was too hard and that it had to be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The one where you play as Y'shtola. And you have only 4 skills.
    There were a few threads back when it came out and people were complaining it was too hard and that it had to be nerfed.
    That was my favorite one. I love Y'shtola.

It probably came naturally to me because I main WHM and dabbled in all other classes.
    I can see it being somewhat confusing at first if you only ever played a DPS.

Personally the only one I'd call hard was level 54 SAM quest on the boat and even that was artificial difficulty when foe's combo was doing something like 5k damage in total when you have around 7k max HP at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

OMFG.....

From 4.5 part 2 site.... WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY PRECIOUS CINNAMON BUN?!

It's crying and I can't have that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Alphinaud died. God, that would just about make my year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    From 4.5 part 2 site.... WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY PRECIOUS CINNAMON BUN?!

It's crying and I can't have that.
    That looks like a shot from the end of HW, even her costumes the same instead of the Tataweeb we've dealt with lately. Maybe they posted an old press image? or the expansion ends with you getting your soul pulled out by that dark echo thing but how you hold on the 3+ months till shadowbringers mechanically i dont know.

Unless we get something out of right field like Hien dying. Don't think anyone would expect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Personally the only one I'd call hard was level 54 SAM quest on the boat and even that was artificial difficulty when foe's combo was doing something like 5k damage in total when you have around 7k max HP at that point.
    Yup I was pretty "WTF'd" by his damage b/c I didn't see a way to dodge that. Pretty glad that I was rocking Lv 60 gear at that point so I didn't wipe. Would have been awkward doing that with L50 items.