Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No and i want these items be rewards for doing content in the game what i paid for. And if you think this kind of stuff doesnt affect you even if you dont buy it then you are completly delusional.

But they CAN be rewards for doing content in the game. Farm Gold > Buy WoW Token > Buy shop item.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i dont have to buy a lot of things.

that doesn't exactly excuse them adding more shit to the shop.
    there already is enough with mounts and pets, no need to add more to a sub based game.
    A sub based game that is losing subs... they have to make the money back somehow and getting it from the people who are subbed for a VOLUNTARY transaction works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    But they CAN be rewards for doing content in the game. Farm Gold > Buy WoW Token > Buy shop item.
    Can't even remember the last time I've used money for anything Blizzard related, spent over 5m easy though :P

i dont have to buy a lot of things.

that doesn't exactly excuse them adding more shit to the shop.
    there already is enough with mounts and pets, no need to add more to a sub based game.
    There's not even a fourth as many items on the shop as there are in game. Who cares
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You say you didnt complain about it, but you did mention it here, just like others are mentioning their opinion on this topic? Strange.....Do you pay a monthly fee to gain access to the store? Did you invest in the building to begin with? Are most of the items rewarded for activities you complete while in the store that you paid to build and pay a monthly fee for access to? And now suddenly, while most BBQ sauces have been free as part of your monthly sub, they suddenly started making you purchase the new sauces? Are they using your money from purchasing those sauces to fund publicity for they store?

They also waited a little bit, and then nerfed the on use time from every 10 mins to once an hour. They are also using it to fund the prizepool of their little esport tourny. But as everyone says:

"this is fine"
    Ok change store to a club which has a membership fee and then adds a cafe. The club doesn't ban outside food being brought in either so you have the choice to buy said food or not. No one is forcing you to buy said food if you don't want to and you can have your own food that you bring in anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Yeah, the presence of WoW Tokens kind of makes it a moot point in my eyes. I have one store mount, two store pets, and the three store helms, and I bought them all with gold via the WoW Token, during sales. Grand total for them was probably about 400k gold, which, like... Just the new frog mount is over 300k gold from a vendor.

Especially lately, the WoW Token price on NA servers has been dropping close to 100k the last few weeks. You could get all three of the new toyss for about 200k gold's worth of WoW Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I mean, you don't have to buy them.
    Yeah, but then they would not feel entitled enough to complain about it though.

Since I couldn't give less of a crap about toys, I'll be much happier seeing those on the store than transmog items/sets.

And as usual, lol @ the people saying "this is not OK!!!"... According to what, your fEeLs? Just ignore the items or buy them through converting gold to balance. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its more fucked up that they have a premium toy with a low CD and then changed it to an hour CD because no fun allowed I guess

And to answer your question OP it changes your appearance to that of a variety of different boss models for a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Optional toys you don't need, giving no benefits and if you ignore them they won't affect gameplay. They could be $1000 dollars for all I care. If you have even a semblence of self control you know how to put the wallet down. If not then maybe you should seek real help or stupid enough you deserve to be screwed.
    I'm getting tired of people defending this shit.

This is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    fortnite and other similar games sell a weapon skin for 25 dollars none bats an eye
    blizz sells something to fund esports like they do for years , witch hunt
    Fortnite is free to play.

checked in game, its not in the shop, you cant buy it (yet) but it is in the toy journal.
    gods please tell me they are not starting to sell fucking toys.
    They've already sold cosmetic helmets. The realm of possibility has gone into the ridiculous a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I'm getting tired of people defending this shit.

This is pathetic.

Fortnite is free to play.
    The only thing I won't defend is paying for power. They can have all the pay for silly fun they want, I don't care, because that's not what I care about. If you don't have the willpower to not spend 10 dollars on a toy for a silly little temporary effect that has no actual impact to gameplay, I honestly can't be bothered.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's literally all you need to do.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the white knights defending everything that Blizzard throws out of their rear. I mean, why would they bother developing interesting, non-timegated, properly tuned, engaging content when they can just fart one or two skins/toys/mounts and pad their revenue reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing just how triggered some people are by how others choose to spend their money .

Don't like the game? Then vote with your wallet and stop playing it's that simple. I have buddies who spend an inordinate amount on ingame stuff in different games and stuff I wouldn't personally buy irl, doesn't bother me in the least as if it makes them happy then more power to them. People love to complain about Blizzard but yet you still find them posting every day and still playing the game rather than stand up for their values and not give Blizzard their business.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Gotta love the white knights defending everything that Blizzard throws out of their rear. I mean, why would they bother developing interesting, non-timegated, properly tuned, engaging content when they can just fart one or two skins/toys/mounts and pad their revenue reports.
    There is a small group of people on this forum, and im sure every forum, who will defend everything blindly and use bowl after bowl of word salad. I defended Blizzard for many, many years, and only since earlier this year, when i watched the decimation of my friends list for the first time in over a decade, and obviously my own first hand experiences, did i start to change my tune.

I still try to point out when the attackers are wrong as well, as i think both extremes are as bad as each other most of the time. I find myself identifying more and more with the frustrated and unsubbed, and less and less with fans of the game. I think part of the issue is that the detractors put forward concerns one at a time, issue by issue, allowing the fans to dissect and dismantle the concern as an individual argument, and downplay its impact on the game.

When someone start to list more than one concern, packaging them together, they are attacked and told WoW isnt for them, its just burnout, they should play something else, they have no proof (something i have requested multiple times), and the threads are often closed for not being 'productive'.

By itself, offering a toy for sale ONLY with real money, for (correct me if im wrong) the first time ever, doesnt seem too bad, and as you can see from this thread, the defense force is in full swing attempting to tear apart the arguments against it with things like "you dont HAVE to buy it" - an argument i havnt seen ANYONE make (classic strawman). But when coupled with the long list of other concerns some people have, it starts to be more of a concern.

Even if we exclude major concerns like class design, and gear acquisition / distribution, and focus only on business practice concerns, there are still plenty of issues raised on an almost daily basis here; gated content, content locked behind rep, parts of the expac heavily marketed being held back for months and months after launch, Blizzards desire to push more into mobile, and now requested fans / game subscribers fund the rewards for their tourny, essentially granting them free publicity....eventually the picture starts to look a little bleak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmorpher is worth it. Randomly doing global shouts of boss quotes is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    did anyone force you to buy anything in the first place?
    The company wants money so they can pay their CEO and shareholders while funding the game on a skeleton crew after massive layoffs, don't you know how business works? Stretch every penny till it bleeds, then sell the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    That has nothing to do with the fact that people are right to be upset that a premium game is expanding their in-game real money shop.
    You're right, instead they should raise the sub cost to 25 dollars a month to keep pace with inflation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    You're right, instead they should raise the sub cost to 25 dollars a month to keep pace with inflation.
    I would definitely welcome it. Wonder how many people would stay
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Finally we have playable San'layn. For only $10.
    I would happily shell out 10$ to have san'layn playable!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.