Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Then don't buy it. It's THAT simple. This isn't some item that is necessary in any way whatsoever to anyone's enjoyment of the game. It's an optional item. If there something beyond FOMO compelling people to grudgingly part with hard earned money I would agree with you. But it's not, so I can't.
    How can one person say what's necessary in-game for someone's enjoyment? This could be the coolest item in the world to some player out there but the only way they can access it is through the in-game store, how is that a good thing? This isn't what RPGs are about. How can you prefer a game where some of the most aesthetically pleasing rewards are locked behind a wall of actual irl cash, compared to a game where they're earned through in-game effort?

Look at gladiator mounts, they're literally just old mounts but with armor on them, but they are by far some of the most difficult mounts to get in the game. Yet store mounts get entirely new skeletons, they change color, they have multiple forms and so on. The same can be said for pets and now toys. Let's not forget about the level 110 boost, but I suppose you don't 'have' to be level cap to enjoy the game? The store is incredibly enticing to a lot of people, and that's annoying.

I'll admit, in this particular instance i'm not that bothered by the impact of a transmog toy being on the store. It's just more my stance on MTX within paid subscription games in general, especially RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Bought the Transmog guy, cost me half a token (ish).

Here's the thing, a certain portion of the playerbase pay nothing for cosmetic cash grabs such as these... another portion, pay it for us, at an inflated cost. Thus is the Magic of WOW tokens. Keep buying that gold folks, I might do a few race changes after all.
    and what is bad about it ? BfA is the first exansion since MoP where gold isnt dropping from the sky so its natural that a lot of people are willing to buy gold for tokens. for a lot of us its very simple math - how long it would take us to farm up this amount of gold vs how fast we earn 20 euro to buy it.

i dont know how it is for you and tbh dont care but in many European countries it relatively easy to make 30-40 euro per hour as long are you are not some basic level physical worker. now how many hours will it take you to farm up 170k for 1 token ? i bet that unless you are crazy good AH player it will be much longer then those 20-30 minutes of work.

and there is this magical thing called overhours which pay 150-200% at least here where i work

so is it really worth to farm gold in game in case like this ?
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-20 at 11:42 AM.

HA! "Transmorpher Beacon has been hotfixed to a 1 hour cooldown, up from 10 minutes." Better time gate that fun that you are charging people an outrageous amount AND an expensive sub for. (Though the 10 minutes does seem too little... but still, ultimately what does it matter).

"Hmmmm the helms were a failure, better try to get people to buy them on a sale and retire them. I know... lets charge almost as much for TOYS that'll win em over!"

The worst part to me is the whole added punishment of it being used to support WoW Esports...
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2019-03-20 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No, no I was not, I openly expressed that years ago... Try and much as you want, you can not make me a hypocrite in this matter. But I admire your fierce bravado in trying. I will and will always continue to stand against these horrible practices while people like you encourage it.

Why can they not add it in game. I got an abundance of 7th Legion Service medals with nothing to spend it on, how about I use them to buy those toys. Oh thats right Blizzard cannot make ALL THE MONEY on that sort of stuff, of course.

My god, when people see these practices are normal or fine, a part of my soul dies in side.
    We got over 500 toys that you can earn by in game means, if three of are cash shop the world wont stop, especially since you can earn em too in a in-game way.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-03-20 at 11:53 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I for one can't wait for next expansions feature "You are out of Titanzurite Gemstones for the day, would you like to keep playing, visit the shop!"

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    25% how generous. Lol.

At most they should’ve just taken 25% or put it all into the esports. Best way to get people into it isn’t a toy, but a bigger prize pool
    Or you know fund the prize pool themselves since they supposedly are making record profits?

Blizzard are an absolute joke these days. $10 can literally get you Undertale which is arguably one of the best Indie games ever.

So basically it's some meager and mediocre toys or one decent game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I for one can't wait for next expansions feature "You are out of Titanzurite Gemstones for the day, would you like to keep playing, visit the shop!"
    Nah they are just gonna keep pushing the boat out slowly.

Bet you the next one is Allied Races and people will sadly eat it up.

Blizzard haven't been about the game for years. Just how much they can squeeze out of it. It's sad really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    I love programming video games.

Can you imagine programming for these people? Yikes!
    I bet the art team are probably dejected as hell. Knowing all their hard work goes into a low quality game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-20 at 12:28 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Update: Transmorpher Beacon has been hotfixed to a 1 hour cooldown, up from 10 minutes.
    Well there goes my interest.

Kinda lame they are cash shop only but such is the new reality of the industry and its customers. After all it is the players who waste their money on it and defended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Well there goes my interest.

Kinda lame they are cash shop only but such is the new reality of the industry and its customers. After all it is the players who waste their money on it and defended it.
    Yep. Irks me it's in FF14 too. I mean if FF14 started doing an xpac as bad as BFA though I'd be pissed. Not that it excuses the shop god no but as I said when one game is in a rut and just consistently throwing MTX on compared to the other game that's doing well which one is going to get the most criticism?

B2P games and F2P games fair enough since they need more income past the box price to survive.

If WoW really had millions of subs right now they wouldn't be throwing MTX on the store faster than they ever have. So speculation here but I think they are below 1.5 mil right now.

I'm just glad I finally saw Blizzard for what they are these days. And it's a damn shame because I grew up with this company with games like Broodwar, Blackthorne and Rock n Roll Racing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-20 at 12:40 PM.

Can someone that isnt a hypocrite explaim me why every is QQing about this items that blizzard release, but when FF14 or ESO do it you dont said shit??

Is easy to see how many you of are just salt about the game not been on the state you guys want so you complain about everything.
    But this practice is common on today Video games.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    Can someone that isnt a hypocrite explaim me why every is QQing about this items that blizzard release, but when FF14 or ESO do it you dont said shit??

Is easy to see how many you of are just salt about the game not been on the state you guys want so you complain about everything.
    But this practice is common on today Video games.
    Eso is b2p, simple as that. Besides, both eso and ff14 have added more content and variety of content than wow in the last few years

Eso is b2p, simple as that. Besides, both eso and ff14 have added more content and variety of content than wow in the last few years
    I mean being better games doesn't excuse what FF14 does.

However. When one game is providing the quality experience and one isn't which one are you gonna be critical of?

WoW needs to get it's backside in gear, stop shovelling MTX onto it's store like FF14 does and start making a game for the players again. Not the shareholders.

Guys, gals... It's like 100k gold for the coolest toy ever and them you get 5$ left over in blizzard balance. Or if you're an adult with a job like 80% of the wow population and don't have time to farm gold for fun, it's $10... I spend more getting lunch sometimes. I've literally spent more at Starbucks for a coffee and donut or on wish for stuff that sits on my desk to look pretty. Stop being so grumpy and relax, please for your own health.
    Like ya, it's thinly veiled money scheming, but this is incredibly tame compared to a lot of other companies.

Tldr; you guys wouldn't bat an eye if this was a 150k gold item from a vendor and someone used a wow token to get it. And you wouldn't think twice spending $10 on a stupid trinket you'd place on your desk for the same cosmetic value.

what??? i play both game and they didnt add more variety of content that wow.
    Eso "content" can be finish quick and easy in 3 week when each expansion come out. Why you think they made the paragon levels so you keep leveling on low zones.

And FF 14 literrally have one of the most boring content design out there.

saying that they are more content on the past years is just a lie you telling yourself, you maybe dont like the direction that wow is going, and that is fine. But dont tell me they didnt add content.

Cash items in a subscription based game is stupid and should never happen except maybe for character services to avoid abuse or too much restriction. Sadly people buy them and so it keeps on happening.

Also WoW and esports BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Cash items in a subscription based game is stupid and should never happen except maybe for character services to avoid abuse or too much restriction. Sadly people buy them and so it keeps on happening.

Also WoW and esports BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

This so much this, if ppl didnt buy this items, the companies wont make it. But you guys can come to forums and reddits complain all you want, but as soon as you log on wow you see ppl using this item, runnign around with the pig mount.

I love to see how many complain about the state of wow but the game still is the number one money maker for Blizz-activision

The transmorpher toy is one of the best toys of not the best. the possible list includes about 100 of old and new bosses.

I put a video together showing the actual in-game footage of 26 different models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVAPmo8u3Y

As someone who collects appearance-changing toys and uses them all the time during raids, this is really disappointing. I also collect mounts, but know I won't get them all, and so the store mounts are kind of whatever to me. But now that they're moving into paid toys as well... I'm not looking forward to more of this.
    But hey, at least their paid toys are also not immune to the fun police. Of course, if it wasn't a paid toy, they'd probably have made the cooldown a day like the Coin of Many Faces. So dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And this is to help fund the prize pools for esports?

Wow....
    "esports" is the nickname for Bobby Kotick's 3rd private jet .

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And this is to help fund the prize pools for esports?

Wow....
    The 75% is to fund Bobby and his shareholders.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...shop_near_you/

Good to see the critical stuff being upvoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because this is a subscription based game. Any purchases Blizzard asks on top of that to access items are inherently anti-consumer. It's as simple as that
    Anti-consumerism doesn’t mean what you think it means.

https://tobykurien.com/the-anti-consumerist-lifestyle/
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."