Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    No...Trump's lies are not OK.
    But by all means, continue to support him.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I'm talking about Beto. Trump does have prominence.
    Of the last 8 presidents who won the election via the electoral college but lost the popular vote, only one won reelection, and that was Bush Jr, who was set to lose his second election (his approval started low and was dipping) until 9/11 happened, which sky rocketed Bush's ratings for the next several years and secured his reelection.

Looking at past trends, Trump is fucked unless he can pull 15% approval rating our of his ass with another 9/11. Trump would lose to Beto, Sanders, Jill Stein, and probably even Hillary Clinton at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not the first time Republicans have pulled out the anti-irish racism, won't be the last.
    Oh man, we're going back really far in history to be trouncing on the irish.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But by all means, continue to support him.
    I'll continue to support many of his policies, but when I disagree...I try to let you know. That said, do you support Beto's desire to tear down existing border walls?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Beto couldn't even beat Cruz with epic fundraising here in Texas.

You think he could beat Trump in a general? Bwhahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Beto couldn't even beat Cruz with epic fundraising here in Texas.

You think he could beat Trump in a general? Bwhahahahaha
    Because the US is demographically different than Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has a great shot, but that's a poor comparison. It would be like saying a Republican from California could win a national election because he lost a California election. Well yeah, California skews Democratic, but that doesn't mean that he won't get a much better reception in other states.

The way I see it a crowded primary is good because Fox/Breitbart/NRA/GOP SuperpACs cannot focus fire the eventual candidate down before the next phase. That way Beto is useful to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because the US is demographically different than Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has a great shot, but that's a poor comparison. It would be like saying a Republican from California could win a national election because he lost a California election. Well yeah, California skews Democratic, but that doesn't mean that he won't get a much better reception in other states.
    Beto's entire campaign against Cruz was based in feelings and not policy.

That ish won't fly across all of America.

Obama at least had policy to back his candor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beto's entire campaign against Cruz was based in feelings and not policy.

That ish won't fly across all of America.

Obama at least had policy to back his candor.
    Policy: Legalize MJ

Policy: Trust women when it comes to abortion

Policy: make immigration easier, do not punish DREAMers and include their parents as the original DREAMers.

Policy: ban assault rifles and expand background checks

Policy: Backs the Green new Deal

Policy: Medicare for America, which is basically expanding medicare but allowing people to keep their employer healthcare of they want.

The policies are there, they just arent in a simple form yet. If you want a policy wonk, Warren is your choice.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2019-03-20 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Policy: Legalize MJ

Policy: Trust women when it comes to abortion

Policy: make immigration easier, do not punish DREAMers and include their parents as the original DREAMers.

Policy: ban assault rifles and expand background checks

Policy: Backs the Green new Deal

Policy: Medicare for America, which is basically expanding medicare but allowing people to keep their employer healthcare of they want.

The policies are there, they just arent in a simple form yet. If you want a policy wonk, Warren is your choice.
    Crissi if I can recall you live in TX.

Do you agree or disagree on this statement: "Beto received more votes because Texans hate Cruz more than like Beto."

I ask because John Abbott destroyed the challenger who was more Spanish than Beto claimed to be during his campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Also along that policy list I only support Legalization of MJ.

Everything else goes against my beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crissi if I can recall you live in TX.

Do you agree or disagree on this statement: "Beto received more votes because Texans hate Cruz more than like Beto."

I ask because John Abbott destroyed the challenger who was more Spanish than Beto claimed to be during his campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Also along that policy list I only support Legalization of MJ.

Everything else goes against my beliefs.
    Its a bit of both. He absolutely energized the more liberal parts of Texas, but also crossed over and got republican votes who hate cruz and liked that Beto wasnt so evangelical. I'm more centrist myself, but I absolutely still believe in Beto. Hell, he turned my traditional red county blue for the first time in forever. Supposedly he was also polling near even with Cornyn, and Cornyn isnt nearly as hated. If he was polling close with Cornyn, then Id say it wasnt just because people hated Cruz.

and ah, then thats fine that Beto's not for you. Everyone should find a candidate they like and support, even if I disagree with it. I basically only really argue when people get stuff that's blatently wrong, like the no policy thing or the lie goring around about funneling 4 million form his senate campaign (highly illegal, btw) or the lie his donations are form corporate backers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its a bit of both. He absolutely energized the more liberal parts of Texas, but also crossed over and got republican votes who hate cruz and liked that Beto wasnt so evangelical. I'm more centrist myself, but I absolutely still believe in Beto. Hell, he turned my traditional red county blue for the first time in forever. Supposedly he was also polling near even with Cornyn, and Cornyn isnt nearly as hated. If he was polling close with Cornyn, then Id say it wasnt just because people hated Cruz.

and ah, then thats fine that Beto's not for you. Everyone should find a candidate they like and support, even if I disagree with it. I basically only really argue when people get stuff that's blatently wrong, like the no policy thing or the lie goring around about funneling 4 million form his senate campaign (highly illegal, btw) or the lie his donations are form corporate backers.
    That's very fair and accepted response.

My reasoning for the no policy comment stems from most of his public speaking and the two debates he and Cruz did during the Senate race. A lot of it was feelycrafting with almost no base in his policy.

I am well aware he posted policies on his campaign website, but he never really expanded on them when it mattered the most to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My reasoning for the no policy comment stems from most of his public speaking and the two debates he and Cruz did during the Senate race. A lot of it was feelycrafting with almost no base in his policy.
    Meanwhile he was up against Cruz yelling about how BBQ was gonna get banned.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Meanwhile he was up against Cruz yelling about how BBQ was gonna get banned.
    To be fair I hated Cruz too lol...

edit: WHO DAT!

Native New Orleanian

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Translation: Trumpkins are shitting their pants that he'll wipe the floor with Trump.
    Nah, he is shit. He could not even beat Cruz and nothing he does is any different from Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    A bit misleading, since the bulk of those numbers are corporate backings, as opposed to Bernard's.
    You're expecting too much from our resident neo-liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Nah, he is shit. He could not even beat Cruz and nothing he does is any different from Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

You're expecting too much from our resident neo-liberal.
    Just to clarify, with the exception of Jay Inslee, all the other Democratic candidates have said that they won’t accept money from either Corporate PACs or Super PACs. Warren went further by saying she won’t accept face-to-face money. Which left her only with ActBlue. At this stage of the campaign, ActBlue is main avenue of fund raising for the candidates.

Beto OWNS leftard with FACTS and LOGIC

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yeah but Trump was never polling at 1%. He was the front-runner soon after he announced his candidacy.
    Thanks to the 24/7 coverage of his “shocking” words towards people when he has been saying this sort of stuff to people before even running (Rosie O Donnel, Birther Conspirator, Alex Jones supporter, etc )
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Thanks to the 24/7 coverage of his “shocking” words towards people when he has been saying this sort of stuff to people before even running (Rosie O Donnel, Birther Conspirator, Alex Jones supporter, etc )
    I'm so nostalgic for the 2016 Republican Primaries. Absolute pinnacle of memes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post
    Beto OWNS leftard with FACTS and LOGIC
    Of course he's going to have some specific, if non-threatening, policies. But he's still getting the reputation thus far as an enthusiastic walking platitude.

"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis