Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll buy it 12 months later, no way going to by from Epic store.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://twitter.com/OuterWorlds/stat...23193138618369

Epic store exclusive.

Well fuck this game then.
    How is it an Epic store exclusive when it's also on the Microsoft store?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    How is it an Epic store exclusive when it's also on the Microsoft store?
    Does anyone really use MS store?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Another one took the cash.

Soon we gonna run short of studios with good PR.

I was mildly interested, but not anymore.

Steam has its problems, but I dont support splitting my games over several different launchers. Steam and epic. Sure thats 2. You could also count stuff like blizz battlenet launcher, EA origin, ect.

And exclusives? What the fuck. Its completely artificial. You can still get away with it for consoles with some shoddy excuses, but for PC games no.

Thanks for bumping this, I'd almost forgotten about it. Also it's nice to see someone giving Steam a bit of competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Thanks for bumping this, I'd almost forgotten about it. Also it's nice to see someone giving Steam a bit of competition.
    Pity you need a virtual machine to run this competition.

Couldn't care less about the Epic store thing. It's Obsidian, it looks great, I buy it. The store itself lacks features but it's not like I ever use shit like Big Picture or trading cards or whatever. The only part where this annoys me is having to use yet another launcher on my computer, but eh, I'll survive. And if this causes Valve to get their heads out of their asses a bit, so much the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally a huge amount of positive PR waiting for someone to straight up announce they got the offer from the Epic and refused it and are releasing their games through Steam and GoG at the same time... and Epic Store 10 days later to spite them. Or not at all. Less of a loss in money and rep either way. Bad decision on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    How is it competition if one side isn't even able to compete for 12 months?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Epic store exclusive.

Yup, if they don't want to sell it, i won't be buying.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Epic store exclusive.

You'd rather continue throwing money at Valve, I take it? Despite the fact that they're terrible at policing their own store, don't have any hint of a spine, and don't even make games anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yup, if they don't want to sell it, i won't be buying.
    What would you rather buy it on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Guess I'll buy it 12 months later, no way going to by from Epic store.
    Why not? Genuinely asking here, as someone who has never used or seen the Epic store. Why does everyone have a giant hate-boner for it? Is it because they made Fortnite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Why not? Genuinely asking here, as someone who has never used or seen the Epic store. Why does everyone have a giant hate-boner for it? Is it because they made Fortnite?
    Don't care about Fortnite, I don't play it, nor will I and I just don't want to install another launcher on my PC. I want the game on Steam.

Epic store exclusive.

The tweet you linked literally says it's not exclusive. It's on 2 store fronts.

If the stance is truly about competition it's covered already. Time to face the facts, when people like you complain about this it's because you want Valve to maintain a quasi monopoly on PC gaming. You're not complaining it's an epic store exclusive(because it's not) you're complaining that it's not on steam.

Here's some food for thought on the subject: https://www.pcgamesn.com/metro-exodu...ail-steam-epic

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Don't care about Fortnite, I don't play it, nor will I and I just don't want to install another launcher on my PC. I want the game on Steam.
    So, you're unwilling to install a program to play a game you're otherwise very much looking forward to, because it's annoying to have to do so? Because you only want to use Steam?

You know that Valve fucked over game companies that use Steam, right? They get FAR less money than what Epic is offering. Maybe Valve should consider giving people a bigger piece of the pie, and actually moderating their store so things like 'Rape Day' and other cheap, shoddy "games" that are full of glitches and lacking in content don't appear on it.

Not to mention fucking over indie devs.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-03-20 at 09:45 PM.

Epic store exclusive.

Yeah those twitter replies are well deserved. It also reminded me that there is still a Windows Store that sells games. Why remind me of that??? GOG would have been the perfect platform to sell on, something I bought their previous games from. Both Pillars games and Tyranny, will have to skip on OW until that's on GoG. They delayed their game's sales for a good year.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Yeah those twitter replies are well deserved. It also reminded me that there is still a Windows Store that sells games. Why remind me of that??? GOG would have been the perfect platform to sell on, something I bought their previous games from. Both Pillars games and Tyranny, will have to skip on OW until that's on GoG. They delayed their game's sales for a good year.
    Obsidian is not self publishing this game, if they where it would likely be on GOG. It's a Take Two funded and published game if you honestly thought it would release on a DRM free store lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Obsidian is not self publishing this game, if they where it would likely be on GOG. It's a Take Two funded and published game if you honestly thought it would release on a DRM free store lol...
    Take Two had zero issues with releasing on Steam in the past.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Steam is not DRM-free...

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    There is literally a huge amount of positive PR waiting for someone to straight up announce they got the offer from the Epic and refused it and are releasing their games through Steam and GoG at the same time... and Epic Store 10 days later to spite them. Or not at all. Less of a loss in money and rep either way. Bad decision on their part.
    Guess it depends if the loss of sales to Steam fans is made up for by whatever exclusivity deal they get plus the smaller cut Epic take from their sales.

How is it competition if one side isn't even able to compete for 12 months?
    I mean competition in the PC marketplace, not just competition for selling this particular product

Not sure how you think this refutes my post...