Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Blizzard did what they've always done, made changes without thinking them through. RNG legendaries weren't really engaging for the casuals (as opposed to something "fun" like titanforging.) and the more hardcore players hated them. AP farming wasn't fun for the casuals and it was an obsession for us hardcore players. So now Azerite gear has the powerful traits first so we don't feel like grinding, and there is nothing like RNG legendaries to make doing more content worthwhile (and we're smart enough now to know that fishing for TF procs isn't worth it because of how rare they are from low content.) - They listened to us, but they did it in a halfass way, so now we have no reason to do other content and the replacement for artifacts is assssssssssss.

Pandaria? O.o
    Pandaria was a continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    There's not a lack of things to do though. The problem is that the classes simply feel shit to play if you compare to old iterations of them, like MoP or WoD.
    Indeed, class design is so damn bad in this expansion

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Pandaria was a continent.
    Look at the globe. Zandalar and Kul'tiras aren't that much smaller.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

players don't know what they want, but its not their job to convince themselves to feel like playing. the expansion cycle gets most players nowadays after a couple months. For me and my guilds this started in WoTLK and going into cataclysm. Each expansion is like a complete breakdown of any social connections ingame because they just stop playing until you are a solo player. I wish they would be able to break that pattern.

i miss class quests, unique stories for every class i played. In legion i played through them all. in bfa it just makes sense to play 1 alliance and 1 horde character. Do one raid maybe for cutting edge (which does not reward mount currently) and then sit back and not play until the next patch has 5 quests stretched across a couple weeks.

Transmog is 1 per each armor type, you actually unlock horde armor warmode looks with alliance skins and vice versa. 90% just don't bother with striving for a better azerite item of the same item level. Just sit back, relax, do some WQ until exalted and your ilvl has reached +5 ilvl higher than the current max WQ emissary.

I miss all my 80 people from my guild that played constantly. We cleared heroic uldir and 2 bosses in mythic with a raid normally of the size 15-18. Concurrent online players = 0.7 maybe. I share that 0.7 with 3-4 other players logging in for a few hours. I stretched my wow playing with different faction and allied races. But each of them was never played after level 110 heirloom unlock. Never felt worth it to bother. There is 100% the same stuff to do for every alt of the same faction.

You have 2-3 specs of each archetype that feel good playing, 2 okay and the rest is uninspired and feels like you are just a level player with the important skills yet to unlock.

3 of the cool talent slots that might spice the experience up are completely locked behind warmode, never in any real pve setting inside a dungeon/raid. Half the specs would feel much better if they would always have those warmode talents. The other half do not even get nice warmode talents.

In order to funnel players in certain activities like island expeditions, warfronts and warmode they actually left good stuff out of the main game. You can try to fake longevity but that will not last long.

In order to make azerite effects not to strong they also made them weaker than the level 15 talents. 80% are just passive numbers, the rest gives a tiny boost to playstyle but this is still a slot machine for miniscule talents
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2019-03-20 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something makes me think you need glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    If you take a moment and look at it,it consists of many features people have been asking for years:
    1)Sea themed expansion - check
    2)Kul Tiras - check
    3)Pirate theme - check
    4)Zuldazar - check
    5)Old god theme/Nagas/Azshara/N'zoth - check

But here's the problem - they threw in a stupid faction war and the "Azeroth is dying" and made them a main feature of this expansion.So,they took the ideas of players,which were fine and added some unnecessary bullshit,that literally ruined the expansion. We are in the middle of expansion,where the main theme and threat are supposed the Azshara and N'zoth,yet all we do is fight for azerite and territoties.

It's actually hilarious - the ideas of an expansion were given on a plate,all they had to do was just take them and put inside the game. And now, when thousands of players quit the game,because of the lack of things to do and the crappy written lore,they gonna introduce the unexpected turn of events - that old gods were behind all of this faction war and thar azerite had corrupting. Amazing,a half of year too late.
    The setting never was the problem.

BfA's problem are the horrendous faction war storyline which makes no sense and the absolute garbage gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, Pandaria really feels like a continent. It made sense. Broken Isles were already quite weak but Kul Tiras and Zandalar feel like patchwork. They are not genuine imho. They don't feel like continents.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The faction war stuff wouldn't be stupid if the content that supports it was better.

Player behaviour shapes this game more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Player behaviour shapes this game more than anything else.
    But what shapes player behavior though? Wouldn't you say it's surely content itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    But what shapes player behavior though? Wouldn't you say it's surely content itself?
    In what way, exactly, does content shape players...?

In what way, exactly, does content shape players...?
    Behavior is shaped by our surroundings.

Behavior is shaped by our surroundings.
    Ok, that's sufficiently vague, especially considering how we're discussing a game, not IRL environments.

In the end, player behaviour lead us away from the previous raid-or-die mentalities, added various features and spelled the end of others (such as attunements). One game even attempted to go by what people were saying online rather than how players were behaving, and they shut down their game sooner rather than later through lack of a playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You only need to look at this forum to see there is no "playerbase request" but a multitude of often contradicting ideas and wishes, demands and thoughts on what people want.
    Exactly.

Some posters are simply so full of themselves that they act as if they're speaking on behalf of the entire playerbase.
    In the end, Blizzard's got figures and facts relating to their game, NOT randos on a forum.

Ok, that's sufficiently vague, especially considering how we're discussing a game, not IRL environments.

In the end, player behaviour lead us away from the previous raid-or-die mentalities, added various features and spelled the end of others (such as attunements). One game even attempted to go by what people were saying online rather than how players were behaving, and they shut down their game sooner rather than later through lack of a playerbase.
    Doesn't matter that it's a game though, it applies anywhere and everywhere. Player behavior is human behavior at the end of the day. It's directly affected and caused by surroundings.

Players reacted negatively towards certain features back in the day which led to some features being removed. Player behavior then kept developing depending on its surrounding. At the end of the day it's a product of game design.

Doesn't matter that it's a game though, it applies anywhere and everywhere. Player behavior is human behavior at the end of the day. It's directly affected and caused by surroundings.

Players reacted negatively towards certain features back in the day which led to some features being removed. Player behavior then kept developing depending on its surrounding. At the end of the day it's a product of game design.
    Not sure what the hell you're trying to say, but what I said still stands and is the word of the developers themselves: Player behaviour shapes the game.

Doesn't matter what sort of features they add or how they design content, if players don't partake because they don't enjoy it, those features will not remain.

So as much as people like to rail on LFR, for example, fact remains that it's now a staple of the game, no doubt as a result of players partaking. It didn't end up lowering the amount of real raiders, nor did it serve to increase the amount of real raiders. Proper raiders keep raiding despite the easier option, casual players don't strive to progress further despite getting a taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    I don't know why people can't accept that this is the real reason this expansion sucks.

Almost everything you do in this game evolves around your class and how it plays in combat. If it sucks to play your class; the game sucks, no matter how cool the content is.

Whoever thought of the GCD change idea; and to prune abilities yet again; is the reason this expansion is a utter and complete failure.
    There is nothing good to do. I could have a fucking rip roaring good time playing my class but if the content blows like it does, then I am not going to like playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There is nothing good to do. I could have a fucking rip roaring good time playing my class but if the content blows like it does, then I am not going to like playing.
    Aye. Doesn't help the content is less appealing than Bubsy 3D as I said.

Resto Shaman is actually quite decent to play. But there's nothing decent/enjoyable to play with it as lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    BFA is the culmination of player feedback, especially when it comes to reward structures, and how non-raid content should always be fast, easy and still "rewarding".
    This is literally what one gets when shortsighted instant gratification gets to dictate. Blizzard is trying to keep every single player across the spectrum happy and it doesn't work. You can't throw gear at people for almost zero effort and still make gear feel valueable.

In BFA everything is just there to make you ready to raid as fast as possible. What if I don't want to progression raid or have a solid M+ group? Then it all feels pointless. My character can be 320 or 380, everything but raids/m+ feels the exact same, hilariously easy and braindead.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-03-20 at 09:55 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Just because players want X, it doesn't mean that anything that provides X will be what players want.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    There's not a lack of things to do though. The problem is that the classes simply feel shit to play if you compare to old iterations of them, like MoP or WoD.
    But there is though :x

I mean you can only spam M+ so much until you're burnt out. Waiting for WQs to pop every 12 hours like a mobile game waiting for a house to build - lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    As someone enjoying the content (raids, M+ mostly) but not my class, it's flipped for me.

But, seemingly enough people enjoy both to not spur any knee-jerk reactions, so all I can do is give feedback and hope class design shifts eventually.