Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    - We will discover that N'Zoth was the one who told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief, but we will not find out who brought him back.
    - The Alliance War Campaign will be all about helping Saurfang and getting him in a place to help rescue Baine.
    - The Horde War Campaign will be about Baine escaping from prison and taking revenge on the Kul Tirans.
    - Sylvanas will kill Saurfang at the end of the campaign and raise him up as a Forsaken general loyal to her.
    These predictions are so awful and predictable, they're extremely plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think my biggest worry is, this being a 2 patch and not 0 or 3, Blizz won't put much effort into Nazjatar. Especially if it has to share the patch with Mechagon, which looks to be the dev's favorite child.
    Considering Mechagon even exists, shows they are doing a lot more. You certainly don't see that too often. They are also been pretty quiet about 8.2. It depends what exactly we see

Hold onto those predictions when the time comes to prove them

(I don't know what will happen...except the last one, that would be enraging....for Horde anyways)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Not saying that's the way I would take the story, just that it's how it see it going. Personally, I'd far rather have the War Campaigns involve some old world places that could use new story, like a rebuild of Gilneas and perhaps an invasion/defense of Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    (I don't know what will happen...except the last one, that would be enraging....for Horde anyways)
    I don't know either, but that was largely why I guessed that as a last one. That would IMO be one surefire way to make Sylvanas become indefensible and to spring the Horde into action.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2019-03-20 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Responding to Aeluron Lightsong

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    - The Horde War Campaign will be about Baine escaping from prison and taking revenge on the Kul Tirans.
    Why would he do that?

I think my biggest worry is, this being a 2 patch and not 0 or 3, Blizz won't put much effort into Nazjatar. Especially if it has to share the patch with Mechagon, which looks to be the dev's favorite child.
    There were a lot of mechagnome-related assets datamined in the beta... I think that zone was pretty far in development when BfA launched. It might have even been intended for 8.1 originally. My guess is that Mechagon has been more or less ready for a while, and most of their work in the past several months has been on Nazjatar.

Based on what? We've seen most of non-dungeon Mechagon it's a fairly generic island. Even the small part of Nazjatar we've seen is more varied and involves more new assets than Mechagon, they also phrased the descriptions of the two zones to point out that Mechagon would have significantly less questing and stuff.

Keep in mind the "inside" shots here are clearly dungeon, not zone (you can even see a couple obvious boss rooms).

I think Rae888 is also correct in that it's clear they are much farther along with Mechagon's set. Nazjatar was partially shown in concept art and there's also several subzones of Nazjatar we didn't see at all in the preview (A ship graveyard, ruins of Zin-Azshari, a section for naga dwellings, and a military ward. That said, both seem fairly heft in size. I know Blizzard memes about "the biggest patch ever" a lot, but honestly with even a passable amount of questing this looks like it might easily be the largest patch of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Why would he do that?
    Fair enough, did not do the punctuation right. It wasn't him taking revenge, but the Horde alongside the Zandalari. Updating the first post to reflect this.

The timing really confuses me. The Dev q&a is tomorrow and would have been a good opportunity to communicate early ptr changes.
    They promised an awful lot for 8.2, so im confused why they update the ptr after the questions are locked down. im really curious what they want to talk about?
    After the announcement of the q&a i expected a early april ptr build :/
    Nontheless i hope we get to see 8.2 soon.

I think a lot of people are worried it will be like 7.2, which in all honestly sucked. It seems like they do not plan to repeat that again. We'll see once we can get a better idea of how much content we'll actually be getting with Nazjatar and Mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    The timing really confuses me. The Dev q&a is tomorrow and would have been a good opportunity to communicate early ptr changes.
    They promised an awful lot for 8.2, so im confused why they update the ptr after the questions are locked down. im really curious what they want to talk about?
    90% of the community doesn't pay attention to the PTR.

OT - I'm worried because Nazjatar based on what we've seen so far looks disappointing. It looks like they mixed assets from McAree and Aszuna and called it a day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    90% of the community doesn't pay attention to the PTR.

OT - I'm worried because Nazjatar based on what we've seen so far looks disappointing. It looks like they mixed assets from McAree and Aszuna and called it a day.
    Put me down for this QnA being heavy on Allied Race questions. Maybe an announcement of the PTR being next week.

Not gonna lie, this and the free weekend may be just trying to get their name out there on the weekend of the final XIV fan fest before Shadowbringers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Put me down for this QnA being heavy on Allied Race questions. Maybe an announcement of the PTR being next week.

Not gonna lie, this and the free weekend may be just trying to get their name out there on the weekend of the final XIV fan fest before Shadowbringers.
    I mean it's not gonna work.

Crappy patch with probably more timegating or big expansion boi?

Not rocket science to figure out which ones objectively better.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Yeah... 8.2 of course. I feel bad for the FFXIV dev team. I bet they put a lot of work on their expansion, but WoW will win that clearly unfair race... as always :/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Yeah... 8.2 of course. I feel bad for the FFXIV dev team. I bet they put a lot of work on their expansion, but WoW will win that clearly unfair race... as always :/
    I don't.

I'm glad the FF14 team make a game that doesn't employ scummy RNG or timegating methods and actually focuses on an experience for the players and not the shareholders. On top of one of the arguably best communities who don't spend their time fawning over subs because they know number of subs isn't a metric of enjoyment.

The FF14 team, GW2 and ESO team are some of the few MMO devs left that actually care about the craft. Blizzard stopped doing that a long time ago.

But of course to you WoW is and will only be the only MMO on the market. Need to broaden them horizons dude. There's more of 1 game in every genre to appreciate.

Learned that from the point and click genre when I used to fawn over nothing but Myst. Played some other games and realised that Myst isn't the only point and click one out there. My point being I stuck my head in the sand over 1 game and it was a sad thing to do because it stopped me playing/appreciating other games in the genre for a while.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-21 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    I don't.

I'm glad the FF14 team make a game that doesn't employ scummy RNG or timegating methods and actually focuses on an experience for the players and not the shareholders. On top of one of the arguably best communities who don't spend their time fawning over subs because they know number of subs isn't a metric of enjoyment.

The FF14 team, GW2 and ESO team are some of the few MMO devs left that actually care about the craft. Blizzard stopped doing that a long time ago.

But of course to you WoW is and will only be the only MMO on the market. Need to broaden them horizons dude. There's more of 1 game in every genre to appreciate.

Learned that from the point and click genre when I used to fawn over nothing but Myst. Played some other games and realised that Myst isn't the only point and click one out there. My point being I stuck my head in the sand over 1 game and it was a sad thing to do because it stopped me playing/appreciating other games in the genre for a while.
    Thats cute.

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness. No offense. "Are you ear about our lord and savior FF14?"

Is also cute that you assume that I, a complete stranger that you never met before, play just X game, and no other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I know Blizzard memes about "the biggest patch ever" a lot, but honestly with even a passable amount of questing this looks like it might easily be the largest patch of the game.
    I'm interested in seeing what the new zone questing will be like with that bodyguard system as well as what new iteration of world quests they're going to have (because IIRC they said there's going to be some new kind of WQs in Nazjatar zones - correct me if wrong anyone) and the change to the Azerite necklace.

My sub is running out, but now that Zandalari are actually playable I'm sorts of tempted to come back. Finally have races and classes that I feel fit as characters to explore the game with (KulTiran Druid and Zandalari Paladin OR Shaman OR Druid).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's not gonna work.

Crappy patch with probably more timegating or big expansion boi?

Whether it works or not it'd be foolish to cede the weekend's attention to them. Especially if you have the inferior product. Eyes buried in your game aren't being attracted to the competition.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Thats cute.

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness
    . No offense. "Are you ear about our lord and savior FF14?"

Is also cute that you assume that I, a complete stranger that you never met before, play just X game, and no other.
    As do most of the "I'm over WoW and now worship FFXIV!!"-crowd. They're Jehova's Witness mated with Vegan levels of obnoxious and loud at this point.
    Must be such a superior title clearly, since all the people playing it instead of WoW still can't stop thinking about WoW and preaching to its playerbase...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Ion does love his mic drop moments.

But, it might also be that they simply don't plan to announce a lot on 8.2 yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 in MoP had the most effort imo of MoP. WoD while a cop-out answer technically was 6.2.

Im expecting 8.2 to save BFA like 5.2 saved MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    5.2 in MoP had the most effort imo of MoP. WoD while a cop-out answer technically was 6.2.

Im expecting 8.2 to save BFA like 5.2 saved MoP.
    Eh. I don't think it can be saved sadly. Salvaged for sure but saved is a strong word.

Not to mention there's an expac or two for some popular games on the way around the time 8.2 should/be close to launching so the majority attention will be focused on those of course.