Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    It's not? Then why is Australia a continent, while Greenland is just an island?
    Australia is 3 and a half times larger.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    But there is though :x

I mean you can only spam M+ so much until you're burnt out. Waiting for WQs to pop every 12 hours like a mobile game waiting for a house to build - lmao.
    I mean WoW is basically mobile game in terms of quality these days.

All it needs now is a port to phones and that's it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-20 at 09:59 PM.

But there is though :x

I mean you can only spam M+ so much until you're burnt out. Waiting for WQs to pop every 12 hours like a mobile game waiting for a house to build - lmao.
    And then there's Island expeditions, Raids, Pet Battles, War Campaign, leveling characters, Warfronts...

No, there's not a lack of things to do. From an objective standpoint, there's more options outside of raiding than ever before.
    You simply don't WANT to do those things, others clearly do though. I never have issues finding groups nor do I have to wait in queues even at 4 AM for that stuff. As much as it irks me since I would rather they scrapped Islands and Warfronts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-20 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Garrosh 2 Undead Boogaloo (aka Sylvanas) is just the most unimaginative feces-laden nonsense they could have come up with.
    It's really weird coming from an expac (Legion) in which Sylvanas saves Varian in the opening cinematic and then risks her Val'kyr (IE her immortality) to rescue the Horde leaders, and seems GENUINELY CONCERNED for Vol'jin's well-being.

She's always been an edgelord but at her core she was still who she was in life, and I thought that was the whole idea behind the Forsaken - they look like monsters, are treated like monsters, but they're not monsters, although some have become the monsters you thought they were to continue existing. But naaaaah lets toss that right out the window for more over-used "the dead guys are evil lmao" scourge plot.

But it's a copy paste of Legion on many aspects and people wanted something different after 2 years of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not sure what the hell you're trying to say, but what I said still stands and is the word of the developers themselves: Player behaviour shapes the game.

Doesn't matter what sort of features they add or how they design content, if players don't partake because they don't enjoy it, those features will not remain.

So as much as people like to rail on LFR, for example, fact remains that it's now a staple of the game, no doubt as a result of players partaking. It didn't end up lowering the amount of real raiders, nor did it serve to increase the amount of real raiders. Proper raiders keep raiding despite the easier option, casual players don't strive to progress further despite getting a taste.
    Not sure why would you be having any problem understanding this. It's the other way around. Developers shape player behavior. Player behavior is reactive, not proactive.

You keep bringing up examples, players rail on LFR because it was implemented in the first place, guess who implemented it?

It's not the story, it's the fact that there is no meaningful content, no meaningful rewards, and no meaningful progression. WoW became an action game that spews items at you if you put in a coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    If you take a moment and look at it,it consists of many features people have been asking for years:
    1)Sea themed expansion - check
    2)Kul Tiras - check
    3)Pirate theme - check
    4)Zuldazar - check
    5)Old god theme/Nagas/Azshara/N'zoth - check

But here's the problem - they threw in a stupid faction war and the "Azeroth is dying" and made them a main feature of this expansion.So,they took the ideas of players,which were fine and added some unnecessary bullshit,that literally ruined the expansion. We are in the middle of expansion,where the main theme and threat are supposed the Azshara and N'zoth,yet all we do is fight for azerite and territoties.

It's actually hilarious - the ideas of an expansion were given on a plate,all they had to do was just take them and put inside the game. And now, when thousands of players quit the game,because of the lack of things to do and the crappy written lore,they gonna introduce the unexpected turn of events - that old gods were behind all of this faction war and thar azerite had corrupting. Amazing,a half of year too late.

did players request to ruin the classes even more? was it players request to remove master looter? i can name so many things that gotten changed over the years that players never asked for. Not just in BFA

If you take a moment and look at it,it consists of many features people have been asking for years:
    1)Sea themed expansion - check
    2)Kul Tiras - check
    3)Pirate theme - check
    4)Zuldazar - check
    5)Old god theme/Nagas/Azshara/N'zoth - check

But here's the problem - they threw in a stupid faction war and the "Azeroth is dying" and made them a main feature of this expansion.So,they took the ideas of players,which were fine and added some unnecessary bullshit,that literally ruined the expansion. We are in the middle of expansion,where the main theme and threat are supposed the Azshara and N'zoth,yet all we do is fight for azerite and territoties.

It's actually hilarious - the ideas of an expansion were given on a plate,all they had to do was just take them and put inside the game. And now, when thousands of players quit the game,because of the lack of things to do and the crappy written lore,they gonna introduce the unexpected turn of events - that old gods were behind all of this faction war and thar azerite had corrupting. Amazing,a half of year too late.
    I never wanted or asked for any of that shit, nor do I particularly care what the "theme" of any given expansion is. There are a great many others who didn't "ask" for any of the shite you listed above. That being said, I am not bothered by them choosing that over any other made up theme because I care if the gameplay is fun and the professions, reward and other systems are well thought out. In BfA the things I (and many other care about) are terrible and changing the setting from any of the things you listed to anything else wouldn't make it any better because it's first and foremost a game. As a storytelling platform, I'd rather look at cat videos than care about whatever crap is being said by NPCs in wow.

A whole expansion about one island? Who would want to play that?
    Every expansion except cataclysm was "one island"

- - - Updated - - -

And then there's Island expeditions, Raids, Pet Battles, War Campaign, leveling characters, Warfronts...

No, there's not a lack of things to do. From an objective standpoint, there's more options outside of raiding than ever before.
    You simply don't WANT to do those things, others clearly do though. I never have issues finding groups nor do I have to wait in queues even at 4 AM for that stuff. As much as it irks me since I would rather they scrapped Islands and Warfronts.
    Subjectively, there's a lack of meaningful content. Outside of raiding, M+ and pvp there just isn't any substance or weight to the remaining content. Leveling has no depth, islands and warfronts are forgettable content, the story and campaign are dull and, like leveling, lack any depth.

I say subjectively, because people find value in different parts of the game (like those people that do pet battles and actively seek toys). But to me, even the leveling and story at least felt like it had some depth and weight in Legion (class halls and an interesting story)

From a personal perspective, if I didn't have a decent M+ team right now and a fun group of players to do content with, I'd probably just log in every now and then

Island Expeditions and War Fronts, while still content I suppose, have both been met with pretty negative feedback. I for one don't classify repeatable content (literally spamming it) content.

is this a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Every expansion except cataclysm was "one island"

- - - Updated - - -

Subjectively, there's a lack of meaningful content. Outside of raiding, M+ and pvp there just isn't any substance or weight to the remaining content. Leveling has no depth, islands and warfronts are forgettable content, the story and campaign are dull and, like leveling, lack any depth.

I say subjectively, because people find value in different parts of the game (like those people that do pet battles and actively seek toys). But to me, even the leveling and story at least felt like it had some depth and weight in Legion (class halls and an interesting story)

From a personal perspective, if I didn't have a decent M+ team right now and a fun group of players to do content with, I'd probably just log in every now and then
    Oh I'm in agreement with you.

But in the end, our feels won't matter one iota if Blizzard's figures show that there's a lot more willingly partaking in these features, than there are players ignoring them and giving feedback that they're just no fun. I really hope they're both just gimmicks of this expansion and we won't have those features follow us from now on in different packaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Island Expeditions and War Fronts, while still content I suppose, have both been met with pretty negative feedback. I for one don't classify repeatable content (literally spamming it) content.
    If you don't classify repeatable content as content, then this game has never had any content. When I first started, the week was literally dungeons for cap on currency, raid clear/progression, wait for reset, repeat. I was given lots of flack for having herb farming, Argent Tournament and mount farming of old content to keep me busy in WOTLK and thus not understanding why people were sat in cities going "BOOOORED!!" all the time.

It's an MMORPG, no matter how you frame it, there's going to be repetition out the ass. Island Expeditions and Warfronts are content, literally, but simply not fun enough imo to make me want to partake in them more than once.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-21 at 01:23 AM.

Oh I'm in agreement with you.

But in the end, our feels won't matter one iota if Blizzard's figures show that there's a lot more willingly partaking in these features, than there are players ignoring them and giving feedback that they're just no fun. I really hope they're both just gimmicks of this expansion and we won't have those features follow us from now on in different packaging.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't classify repeatable content as content, then this game has never had any content. When I first started, the week was literally dungeons for cap on currency, raid clear/progression, wait for reset, repeat. I was given lots of flack for having herb farming, Argent Tournament and mount farming of old content to keep me busy in WOTLK and thus not understanding why people were sat in cities going "BOOOORED!!" all the time.

It's an MMORPG, no matter how you frame it, there's going to be repetition out the ass. Island Expeditions and Warfronts are content, literally, but simply not fun enough imo to make me want to partake in them more than once.
    I defined it as literally spammable. The game seemed to do a hell of a lot better with raids and dailies as content :3

I defined it as literally spammable. The game seemed to do a hell of a lot better with raids and dailies as content :3
    But there's non-spammable stuff as well, stuff that you wait for resets to do again, which was literally dailies and raids functionality. I fail to see the magical formula behind dailies, quite frankly. I was there when they were a massive thing in MoP and people sure seemed to hate on them. I loved the MoP daily hub system, fyi. Would gladly have it back over World Quests. Keep emissary function, make hubs for picking up dailies a thing again. World quests could be random events with a great reward for the content level, but no more.

And I believe there's a reason for why the game has never held more than what, 12-13 million subs, yet has had over 100 million accounts made. Loooots of people tried the game over the years. Not that we know how the game is doing subs-wise, but financially and in terms of player engagement (MAU) it seems to be doing pretty well for a 14-year old title.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-21 at 01:38 AM.

I definitely preferred dailies than world quests. I know they are more or less the same thing to some degree, however dailies, to me, felt as if they added an element of RPG flavour to the game by going out to a daily hub and talking to NPCs, doing repeatable quests for a faction to gain reputation/tabards/mounts/crafting items. I'm really not a fan of the current iteration. The isle of Quel'Danas was the perfect iteration of daily quests to me.

But there's non-spammable stuff as well, stuff that you wait for resets to do again, which was literally dailies and raids functionality. I fail to see the magical formula behind dailies, quite frankly. I was there when they were a massive thing in MoP and people sure seemed to hate on them.

And I believe there's a reason for why the game has never held more than what, 12-13 million subs, yet has had over 100 million accounts made. Loooots of people tried the game over the years. Not that we know how the game is doing subs-wise, but financially and in terms of player engagement (MAU) it seems to be doing pretty well for a 14-year old title.
    People definitely hated on them in the beginning. But over time as the requirements were dropped (one rep to revered to start a different rep etc) they were much more accepted. The one thing they fucked up on was locking end game enchants behind rep. But even then, you unlocked that within 3 weeks, not 8 months ������

And I’m not so sure about that. Everywhere I look I see overwhelmingly negative feedback, and rightfully so. It might be doing well financially, but that’s about it.

People definitely hated on them in the beginning. But over time as the requirements were dropped (one rep to revered to start a different rep etc) they were much more accepted. The one thing they fucked up on was locking end game enchants behind rep. But even then, you unlocked that within 3 weeks, not 8 months ������

And I’m not so sure about that. Everywhere I look I see overwhelmingly negative feedback, and rightfully so. It might be doing well financially, but that’s about it.
    Man remember when we had loads of enchants now it's just a pitiful 3? Hell technically it's 2.

We had Helm, Shoulders, Cloak, Chest, Bracers, Boots, Belt Buckle (I consider it partly one), Leg Armor/Spellthread and hell even Gloves at one point.

Such a shame they watered nearly every system down that had some semblance of an RPG.

That's what matters. Feels aside.

If it's doing well financially, it means enough people are willingly (average age is adult) spending money on the title which makes forum opinions (whom are always vastly more negative than positive regardless of expansion) just seem like more of the same. Current expansion, bad. Worst. Literally the death of teh gaem.

Either way, I sure as hell hope that the negative voices are many and constructive enough to ensure Island Expeditions and Warfronts not be continued, and that they go back to old daily hub systems. But I'm sure there are people feeling differently all the same.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-21 at 01:42 AM.

That's what matters.

If it's doing well financially, it means enough people are willingly (average age is adult) spending money on the title which makes forum opinions (whom are always vastly more negative than positive regardless of expansion) just seem like more of the same. Current expansion, bad. Worst. Literally the death of teh gaem.
    I mean I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen this much negative feedback. Not even during WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Man remember when we had loads of enchants now it's just a pitiful 3? Hell technically it's 2.

We had Helm, Shoulders, Cloak, Chest, Bracers, Boots, Belt Buckle (I consider it partly one), Leg Armor/Spellthread and hell even Gloves at one point.

Such a shame they watered nearly every system down that had some semblance of an RPG.
    Right?!? I miss that shit so much. It’s one of the reasons I play and enjoy the FUCK out of a WotLK private server. An actual RPG!