Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, it must be so hard to listen to Josh read Ion questions that Ion wrote for himself like every other "QA".

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There's a Q&A today where Ion will inevitably get shit on.
    Helping create a shit game leads to being shit on by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Nothing... Just chatting about video games with other people who like video games.
    Next time make a post that actually explains what you are talking about. That will give a lot more chat then this cryptic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This. If you saw the other QnA's, you'd know that they softball questions in. Ion won't answer, or will dodge any question that has any teeth to it more than likely.

I can count on 1 hand the answers he gave that weren't in lawyer speak.
    I feel like people hear what they want to hear. I've watched most and he gives decent, though out answers as far as i've seen. Not saying what players want to hear is not the same as dodging questions, and some questions simply aren't going to be flat out answered. People can't seem to come to grips with this. But hey, i'm sure the playerbase would complain too if the QnA's didn't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yeah, it must be so hard to listen to Josh read Ion questions that Ion wrote for himself like every other "QA".
    This. I'd prefer they picked the hardest questions to answer instead of these pitched softball questions.

Let the community vote on the top 10-20 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Reading through this entire thread I still can't figure out what decision you're talking about. Do you mind being more specific, please?
    In-game transportation and Time gating has been a big issue as of late, delayed flying, portal removal, etc.

Forbes or Variety just did an article on Faction Imbalance and how life sucks for the Alliance

Tons of comments about loot system

THere have been countless Financial news sources who have been covering the falling stock prices of Blizzard

They just went through sizable layoffs

I read through some of the questions people wanted answered. Seems a little more toxic than the usual hyper-toxic line of questioning they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I feel like people hear what they want to hear. I've watched most and he gives decent, though out answers as far as i've seen. Not saying what players want to hear is not the same as dodging questions, and some questions simply aren't going to be flat out answered. People can't seem to come to grips with this. But hey, i'm sure the playerbase would complain too if the QnA's didn't happen at all.
    he speaks a lot, but says very little in regards to the actual changes and paths to fix things ahead. It's lawyer speak. Ion seems like a good guy, and i don't wanna demonize him... all i meant is that i wish he'd answer the questions more as a GAMER, and less from his lawyer side where he's talking around the question rather than bite into the meat of the Question so to speak.

What irks me is that he can't shut off his lawyer speak. He legit answers or dodges every question like a corporate lawyer, and won't speak as a GAMER.

Just shut up and answer the damn question straight up, good or bad. He dances around questions without answering anything like a verbal Muhammid Ali. I've seen him go entire QnA's talking, but not saying a damn thing.
    Yep, that is incredibly annoying and why people stop taking him seriously.

Check out even Taliesin's sketch about Ion's annoying talking (first 3 minutes of the video), because it is really spot on (but still a too soft criticism):

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Yep, that is incredibly annoying and why people stop taking him seriously.

Check out even Taliesin's sketch about Ion's annoying talking (first 3 minutes of the video), because it is really spot on (but still a too soft criticism):
    That is pretty funny

He gets paid well. He has a vision. I don't love his vision. But he does it. And people still seem to like the game. I wouldn't feel too much pity for him.

He deserves it from his holier-than-thou attitude, pointless lawyer talk drivel and clear support and endorsement of shitty game systems that are driving the playerbase's interest in the game to the ground.

WoW could have been so much better with actual decent developers.

Yeah I dont feel sorry for the person that is literally the face of a group of people that is killing their own franchise. Ion will never answer real questions and will never give the community a straight answer.

The only people I feel for is the person on MMO-C that does the TLDR on the front page for me to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    That is pretty funny
    Yep! I laugh everytime I see it...

But then i remember how close to the real Q&As his speech actually is...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There's a Q&A today where Ion will inevitably get shit on.
    He deserves all of it, the game is fucking trash and there is no saving it. WEST is sitting at under 1M subs at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    He deserves all of it, the game is fucking trash and there is no saving it. WEST is sitting at under 1M subs at this point.
    If you genuinely think he deserves all the shit that comes his way, you're an utter scumbag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh yeah! It’s the Q&A today, isn’t it?

Why feel sorry for ruining something. Wow is both shit cuz of activision and the wow teams decisions which are/are not influenced by activision also

he speaks a lot, but says very little in regards to the actual changes and paths to fix things ahead. It's lawyer speak. Ion seems like a good guy, and i don't wanna demonize him... all i meant is that i wish he'd answer the questions more as a GAMER, and less from his lawyer side where he's talking around the question rather than bite into the meat of the Question so to speak.
    Again, there may not be everything people want to hear, but he simply can't give completely 100% transparent answers to every issue. I personally give 0 fucks about any of this and don't exactly scrutinize it at all, but it seems to me players have unreasonable expectations, then completely shit on him personally. People say 'lawyer speak', when it's just the fact he's the head of a team that can't just openly say exactly what they're planning in 100% detail, therefor people get angry.

His way of talking BS and lying without blinking is truely a form of art to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    that quite literally fails answer the question. its a deflection of an actual answer. you must be on politics to be able to give an answer that doesnt answer what was asked, yet gives the illusion of having some relevance.
    You not liking the answer doesn't mean it wasn't answered.