Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Nazmir leads you into Underrot (which is part of the Uldir complex) and Titan Keeper Hezrel references M.O.T.H.E.R. several times. You basically nuke Taloc (that's why hes halfway broken down when you zone in)

- - - Updated - - -

Allied race prereqs are attunements.
    Yeah and there’s backlash against them for a multitude of reasons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The best they've ever done with this was Ulduar. The entire Storm Peaks zone was an intro to the raid, so you got there and you knew who most of the bosses were.

Fast forward to now and I didn't even know where Uldir was, and I've got no idea what we were doing there since apparently only horde get to find that out.
    For Horde, Uldir is the closing to Nazmir's storyline, which is quite well done. Now, for Alliance, you don't even know why you are there, except for two or three comments from Brann in the Underrot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah and there’s backlash against them for a multitude of reasons.
    by the same people going

HurrR dUrr VaNIllA anD tBC weRe da Best!11!

Arguments on these forums are never consistent by the "blizzard is the devil" crowd

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    by the same people going

HurrR dUrr VaNIllA anD tBC weRe da Best!11!

Arguments on these forums are never consistent by the "blizzard is the devil" crowd
    Proof that it's the same people? I've seen plenty of folks from both camps against the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Proof that it's the same people? I've seen plenty of folks from both camps against the grind.
    Yea like I'm gonna wade through the endless shitposts on this forum, right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The best they've ever done with this was Ulduar. The entire Storm Peaks zone was an intro to the raid, so you got there and you knew who most of the bosses were.

Fast forward to now and I didn't even know where Uldir was, and I've got no idea what we were doing there since apparently only horde get to find that out.
    1. Old god stuff needs to be stopped anywhere its found.
    2. The intro to Nazmir shows an alliance member side with the Blood Trolls who worship Ghuun and sacrifice Alliance soldiers. BTW she also tries to kill the player so it kind of got personal.
    3. Brann plus titan stuff = adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep classic will fail pretty much same way when people and devs themself told us classic will never happen. Well here we are. Same people whay were telling classic will never happen now say it will fail. Gotta lova fear of retail players that classic actualy can overtake their game.
    Gotta love the classic fanbois who arrogantly think Classic ever will take over retail.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The thing about wow apologists and political progressives is that they are hung up on the word progress. Sometimes you do something that is bad and you need to walk it back.

If you progress toward a cliff and you are about to fall, it would be in your best interest to regress before doing so.

The same can be said for western politics and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What do attunements have to do with RPG?

Hero: "Oh look, there is the door to this dungeon full of dangerous enemies that need to be vanquished asap".
    Faction dude: "Well, actually, I don't know you that well, so I don't want you to go in there and safe us. Please first do these 100 quests and that dungeon with less dangerous enemies a few dozen times."
    OR you can see this from this view point:

we have to fight off these enemies we have in this dungeon.
    Hero: ok lets get inside, trust us we keep you safe and kill your enemies.
    faction guy: how do we know you can be trusted? we are not gonna put our lives into the hands of some strangers. and after revered:

oh its you who helped us a lot, maybe we can go in there and you help us get our home back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Regression is ok when it's used when such is completely necessary. Attunements is not such a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Casual players > hardcore players.

Modern MMOs tend to attract more casual players. It’s been proven over and over again which why blizzard started introducing a lot of systems starting wrath. To keep casual players intrested and hooked.

From a business perspective, i would definetly go throgh this route.
    Too bad. Same systems what were supostu keep casuals playing actualy making them quit game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Attunement chains are dumb. They can make a quest chain leading up to the raid, that's cool, that's fine, just don't make it required.
    Yeah man! Who the heck wants to play an MMORPG anyhow... bring on the lobby queues! /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Attunement chains are dumb. They can make a quest chain leading up to the raid, that's cool, that's fine, just don't make it required.

This. I feel like they've 'mostly' done a decent job of this. There have been some hiccups like alliance side Uldir and mogu'shan vaults where we just sort of show up but for the most part this has gone well with blizzard's new patch structure, having quests leading up to the raids come out before the raids themselves to give context. Going back to attunements IMO is a bad idea, especially ones that required previous raids. It's just an unneccisary hassle when quests can accomplish the same storyline purpose without the attunement part.