Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-x-men-disney-reboot/

Looks like everyone (save Ryan Reynolds) is getting kicked from X-men. Not sure if this is so they can retool the powers of the X-men to but fit inside the exsisting MCU or if they just want fresh faces all around. Kinda disappointed though, even though the movies were for the most part only OK, I really liked most of the younger X-men cast, especially the Quicksilver character who may or may not end up being dead now.
    The only actually good x-men actors were Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and maaaayybe Ian McKellen. Jackman already said he's done with Wolverine and I think Stewart said the same, so there's no reason to keep the old boring cast.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ryan Reynolds will only last as long as it takes them to find an actress for Gwenpool. Then Deadpool will be replaced, no explanation, no final appearance, just gone. And it will be all about the Gwenpool and her incredibly shitting writing and forced agenda, which is a shame because the character is actually pretty decent with lots of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Beast and Jean Gray and even Iceman have had moments of loss of control.
    So has Human Torch. Iron Man's armor has been taken over. I believe even Thor and Hercules have lost control at one point or another, and an out of control literal god like Thor or Herc is a hell of a lot scarier than most mutants. Yet people still love Torch, and Stark, and Thor and Herc and don't fear them, which is where the disconnect comes in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    And it will be all about the Gwenpool and her incredibly shitting writing and forced agenda, which is a shame because the character is actually pretty decent with lots of potential.
    Gwenpool was one of the best written Marvel books in years, and it was batshit crazy, not exactly pushing any agenda. What are you on about?

It was to be expected.

Iam glad it appears they are leaving Deadpool alone which is a smart move to make to just leave that franchise the way it is.

TBH iam quite excited what Paul Fiege and the MCU will do with the X-men franchise and i do believe this is the start of something good if they can recreate the MCU magic with the X-men and the Fantastic 4.

I'm down. X-Men is one of the only comic book movies I enjoy.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Gwenpool was one of the best written Marvel books in years, and it was batshit crazy, not exactly pushing any agenda. What are you on about?
    I'm talking about when Disney gets its hand on her, they will strip away all that is good about her and just make her another 'Screw you fans, comics and comic movies aren't made for you, here is the political social agenda flavor of the day' character. It is going to be like the new damn Doom movie with the actress saying 'Who needs Doom Guy' in a fucking Doom movie!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's no different than the disconnect between Batman being able to hold his own against cosmic beings as a member of the Justice League, but his arch-nemesis being a literal fucking clown on his own. It's one of those "just go with it" things that come with the territory of decades of comic book nonsense.
    The Joker's intellect allows him to be comparable to cosmic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That would probably be a best-case scenario. The obvious downside that it would inevitably lead to yet another Phoenix saga movie...
    I wouldn't mind more Phoenix saga movies if they were actually done right. I hold no hope for the one coming out soon. The problem with the Phoenix movies they did before, and now, is that they never let Jean be Phoenix for a while. They just skip right to Dark Phoenix. For the Phoenix saga to work there has to be a movie where she becomes Phoenix, a movie where she is Phoenix, a movie where she becomes Dark Phoenix, and finally a movie where she is Dark Phoenix and dies. The epic story just doesn't work in a 2 hour bite.

The first two X-Men films were done relatively well. The end of the second film Jean basically became Phoenix. But then Last Stand jumped right to Dark Phoenix and didn't even managed to do THAT right. Had the third film let Jean just BE Phoenix and maybe near the tail end you see signs of her losing control, and THEN do a Dark Phoenix movie, it probably would have been much better.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2019-03-21 at 05:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Reynolds will only last as long as it takes them to find an actress for Gwenpool. Then Deadpool will be replaced, no explanation, no final appearance, just gone. And it will be all about the Gwenpool and her incredibly shitting writing and forced agenda, which is a shame because the character is actually pretty decent with lots of potential.
    I’m not a fan of deadpool but they arent gonna drop him for any reason it’s about as likly as they’d drop wolverine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about when Disney gets its hand on her, they will strip away all that is good about her and just make her another 'Screw you fans, comics and comic movies aren't made for you, here is the political social agenda flavor of the day' character. It is going to be like the new damn Doom movie with the actress saying 'Who needs Doom Guy' in a fucking Doom movie!
    You are aware that Disney already owns Gwenpool right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No, the writers imagination allows him to be comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya the joker isn’t even close to like any cosmic beings. He’s only still around because fans like him not because it makes any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So has Human Torch. Iron Man's armor has been taken over. I believe even Thor and Hercules have lost control at one point or another, and an out of control literal god like Thor or Herc is a hell of a lot scarier than most mutants. Yet people still love Torch, and Stark, and Thor and Herc and don't fear them, which is where the disconnect comes in.
    You're right i'll let you have that one
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m not a fan of deadpool but they arent gonna drop him for any reason it’s about as likly as they’d drop wolverine.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware that Disney already owns Gwenpool right?
    I am talking about future movie Gwenpool, whenever they decide to make her. They already ended her current comic series, Hell, Disney is thinking of ending comics all together because they don't make enough money. And given the choice between family friendly widest appeal movie or less marketable R rated films Disney will go for the money.

I never understood how the persecution of mutants worked in the marvel comics universe. Isolated, yeah it makes sense but upon the back drop of super powered heroes and villains running around I don't see how you can look at other super powered beings and paint them all as bad.
    Like I've said before, everyone's fine with the police (Avengers) having high powered weaponry, but they freak out at the thought of any random citizen having not a semi-automatic but a weapon of mass destruction in the palm of their hand.

Fantastic Four is a public group. They do philanthropic work, they advance science, they're featured in magazines for their work to advance humanity.
    The Avengers are treated as a worldwide super-police group, protecting the world and humanity from super powered villains.
    Mutants.........are teenagers with nuclear weapons in their back pocket.

If you look at some of the irrationality in the real world, I don't see how the irrationality of accepting one thing while persecuting another, similar, thing is a stretch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am talking about future movie Gwenpool, whenever they decide to make her. They already ended her current comic series, Hell, Disney is thinking of ending comics all together because they don't make enough money. And given the choice between family friendly widest appeal movie or less marketable R rated films Disney will go for the money.
    This just sounds like a conspiracy theory Gwen pool is even still around in an avengers off shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Just wondering how humans vs. mutants can make sense when there has been a decade of superheroes and supervillains wreaking havoc already.
    One of the big central issues with mutants was always the fear that you might secretly be a mutant. It's why it was used as an allegory for race in the '70s, like racists finding out they had a black ancestor. It's why it was used as an allegory for LGBT people, who might "pass" for "normal". And so forth.

Characters like we have in the MCU are either overtly nonhuman (Thor, Vision), the cause of a crazy scientific accident/experiment that can't be replicated (Spider-man, Captain America), or they have fancy tech that is what gives them powers (Iron Man, Ant-man).

Mutants don't fit into that. They're humans, just not "like us". There's no triggering accident; it could happen to you. There's no tech involved.

The same is true of the Inhumans, obviously, but the Inhumans exist solely because Marvel sold rights to Fox for the X-men and mutants and Fox decided to not play nice so Marvel created the Inhumans as a "fuck you".

If they bring the X-men into Marvel, I'd lay solid money that they play up the Terrigen global release, and they're all Inhumans now. They've laid that groundwork, and it's less confusing overall, and basically changes nothing that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s a very real problem that effects the comics if you ask me, spider man swings by and no one cares but a mutant comes to town and every one loses it.

Though the xmen are also a bunch of assholes who will break mass murders out of jail and then work with them and act like victims in th comics.
    See above.

It's the deep-seated fear that you might be a mutant, or maybe one of your kids will be. It isn't rational, but bigotry never is.

Plus, there's the Sokovia Accords. Lots of people AREN'T fine with Spider-man being able to rip a building in half when he's angry his girlfriend dumped him. They want to know exactly who he is and track him so he can be put down if he "goes bad". This was a big enough issue that they framed an entire film around it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would do

Storm - Halle Berry
    Magneto - unchanged
    Pf.Xavier - unchanged
    Wolverine - unchanged
    Jean Grey - unchanged
    Cyclops - anybody but current guy..
    Beast - Ron Perlman (because fuck u hellboy reboot!)
    Kitty pryde - Nina Dobrev

Mr. Sinister - Javier Bardem

Nope
    no more Mystique,

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    'Pushing political correctness' unless you mean race changing the characters, which okay yea I hope they don't. But the X-Men have always been a super political comic with heavy undertones of racial and human prejudice. Also Iceman is gay now in the comics so there's your one per movie I guess.
    Colossus was also made gay some many years back. I think there's a bit of a line referencing that in one of the 2 Deadpool movies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Colossus was also made gay some many years back. I think there's a bit of a line referencing that in one of the 2 Deadpool movies.
    If colossus was gay, he would have hit on deadpool since he is "kinda gay-ish" in some instances for lolz?

But I don't think so, since he is so embarrassed in his fight vs vs...uh...forgot name
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-03-21 at 07:49 PM.

Too late to do Endgame reshoots to add in Deadpool?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.