Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is unlikely that reputation will be awarded for just doing dungeons because it is mostly tied to the outdoor content. They don't want chaining dungeons to be the most practical method of obtaining reputation.

Yeah gotta keep people on that sub hook with emissaries and 75 rep world quests....

Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Vanilla WoW isn't today's WoW. Back then we didn't have WoD and Legion handing out gold on a table for NPCs to do for you.

That has absolutely nothing to do with today's people being gold capped; having a single character, let along multiple characters gold capped wasn't really a thing back in Vanilla.
    Yes it was.

Nothing about 8.2? So disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You do realize people were buying Mythic Jaina mounts of gold cap? There are players with multiple gold capped characters even. There have always been people who have had a ridiculous amount of gold.

Also Lore was a guide writer for Tankspot which was the primary guide channel way before Fatboss existed. Ion is currently 6/9 Mythic. Like you can say that they're out of touch, and maybe they are, but they're definitely not lying to you about their experiences.
    Gating is fine... enhanced RNG isn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder how a leveling squish can work with the leveling boost. Because of this I'm not expecting them to change leveling any time soon.
    ooooh baby i know a lot of people who would have pay 60 dollars to a full insta 60 on Vanilla haahhahaha. Let just give the team time to figure it out what lvls are the ones that matter, personally i would said 70-80 its the level cap, the best levels, 80 to be very accurated with WoTLK, those where the best max lvls.

The rest makes sense, Blizzard experimented with a lot of things this expa, some of them dont work others are good and the ones that need fixing are now or are going to be reworked (AKA 8.2 collar) so yeah not bad Q&A.

The allied race one its obvious derp, vulpera and mechagnomes are coming on 8.2.5 just like Zandalari and Kultirans, i bet it will come out on november after Blizzcon.

Hiding the chest slot? That's... interesting. Probably the one slot I'd have guessed that they wouldn't let you hide before others.
    I'm all for stat squishes. Hell, go ahead and do another one. I think smaller damage numbers are better. But a level squish? That's stupid. There's no point.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing of importance as it seems. As expected.

"We want to emphasize community, but still allow people to play WoW as if it were a single-player RPG."

Basically, Blizzard's main problem here: they won't stop trying to please everyone (and pleasing hardly anyone as a result).

Maybe they'll finally learn that ditching the core, consistent audience they built from the ground-up to target flakes who come and go on a whim wasn't the best direction for WoW.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was boring!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It is unlikely that reputation will be awarded for just doing dungeons because it is mostly tied to the outdoor content. They don't want chaining dungeons to be the most practical method of obtaining reputation.

Yeah gotta keep people on that sub hook with emissaries and 75 rep world quests....

Disgraceful.
    Disgraceful? What are they disgracing rep worked the same way in classic tbc mop wod legion, hell even some of the wrath reps worked that way.

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    why though? (I'm really asking)
    besides taking forever to gain a level? a level squish to me basically means they have given up and dont really want to try to fix it.
    there are better way to fix it(scaling was a good start) the 300% exp potions should have stayed and made slightly easier to get. There should be way more Heirlooms that give exp(every piece should give exp in my opinion)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

"The team wants to put the emphasis of community back into WoW. With that said, they also don't want to make people feel like they can't play without other people."

Good luck making people socialize without being forced to. It's been working great since Wrath.

I am waiting paciently for the concrete changes they will do. Let me guess, they will give transmog gear for completing activities with people in your same "community" channel.

So they want to kill worthy gold missions definitively.

And then they wonder why people are more insatisfied in BFA than in Legion.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-21 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So they want to kill gold missions definitively.

And good riddance, that is hardly the reason people are unsatisfied with BFA. Gold missions were a complete joke in WoD and Legion and fucked up good the economy.

i would say yes to level squish if it would shorten the time required to get to max lvl. i want to do max lvl content. leveling isnt the fun experience. also as you rush through everything (not because you are so fast but because you want to be as fast as possible) you cant enjoy it anyhow. i have a 100 monk now with 16 hours play time (probably no perfect leveling route) and still 20 levels to go. if i feel like getting a heritage armor again - and i am probably not always going to play monk - it will just take much longer. with 8 allied races and about 18-22 hours to get from 20 to 110 it is just too massive.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So they want to kill gold missions definitively.

Yeah the trouble is the price of "Stuff" in BFA is based on people having farmed WoD/Legion for gold (5M longboi, 333K frogs). If you didn't, or you weren't around... well you're screwed. Kinda sucks.

Personally I did farm those, but I'm still sitting on my gold because eventually, I think those goldsinks will be cheaper and/or more appealing. And if I'm wrong, oh well, I can always go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Hiding the chest slot? That's... interesting. Probably the one slot I'd have guessed that they wouldn't let you hide before others.
    I'm all for stat squishes. Hell, go ahead and do another one. I think smaller damage numbers are better. But a level squish? That's stupid. There's no point.
    shirts will finally be useful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide chest option! finally

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Yes it was.
    The first gold capped character was in 2008, late TBC https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e...aft-gold-limit

The link talk about an US that got it earlier but I didn't find the source. Still, none during vanilla.
    Last edited by Zequill; 2019-03-21 at 07:46 PM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads