Poll: Second war Horde vs Third war Scourge

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Second war Horde vs Third war Scourge

Who would have won the battle, the Second War Horde led by Orgrim and Gul'dan (provided he did not betray the allies) or the Third War Scourge led by Arthas and Kel'Thuzad?
    The battle in the Eastern Kingdoms, but the Scourge forces in Northrend can also help

10+ Year Old Account
    the Scourge was an all consuming force of (un)nature , and much like how the 2nd war Horde was more-or-less demon charged (not demon fueled, but demons backing them in the background ) .... so was the Scourge being backed

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    With Arthas in the picture definitely the Scourge. For every soldier the Horde loses the Scourge gets another. The only thing that stopped the Scourge was Ner'zhul needing Arthas to come back to Icecrown because of Illidan, otherwise we'd all be speaking Gutterspeak.

Disclaimer: I know Gutterspeak is the forsaken language not the scourge, it's just a joke.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

The Horde has a Dragon Soul, how can the Scourge win?

There are number of differant possibilities how to war would play out but most possibilities would be scourge wins because of their numbers and how they would gain numbers. Also original death knights might chance sides but red dragons and dragon soul might give horde some advantage.

But as it would be war it might go either side.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where does the demons stand? I can see it going both ways.

Oh who I'm kidding, no way the Scourge can lose, we players couldn't defeat it because there always must be a Lich King.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Where does the demons stand? I can see it going both ways.

Oh who I'm kidding, no way the Scourge can lose, we players couldn't defeat it because there always must be a Lich King.
    Well as its the third war lk who is stuck on frozen throne they might pull it of with same kind of ritual which illidan did in tft using the dragon soul as conduict and gul'dan casting it on the frozen throne itself so there are ways but scourge would win in over half of the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    The Horde has a Dragon Soul, how can the Scourge win?
    Horde had a weak nearly depleted dragon soul, dont confuse It with the one we use against deathwing(directly from the war of the ancient with full power, and overcharged by the aspects). Only the legion have the upper hand against the scourge(Demons cant be resurrected and slave via necromancy)

I don't see the Horde having a chance. The Scourge in lore is already known as one of the strongest forces on Azeroth (and at the time probably the strongest). They destroyed Lordaeron, Quel'Thalas and Dalaran with ease and every kill they had strengthened their numbers. The Horde would simply try to overwhelm the Scourge with raw power, which is the worst strategy you can have.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think it would be a closer fight than most people think, but that the Scourge would win eventually. They have the ability to constantly replenish their forces with every enemy that dies, and that's big.

The Horde however has: Orcs (Peons, Warlocks, Grunts, Raiders), Forest Trolls (Axe Throwers, Berserkers), Ogres (Brutes, Magi), Dragons (Red), and Goblins (Sappers, Zeppelins, Turtles). It's a pretty impressive fighting force, but I still think it would lose.

Scourge because of the necromancy ability to fill their ranks quickly but now if Gul'dan were able to summon Archimonde, then things changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I think it would be a closer fight than most people think, but that the Scourge would win eventually. They have the ability to constantly replenish their forces with every enemy that dies, and that's big.

The Horde however has: Orcs (Peons, Warlocks, Grunts, Raiders), Forest Trolls (Axe Throwers, Berserkers), Ogres (Brutes, Magi), Dragons (Red), and Goblins (Sappers, Zeppelins, Turtles). It's a pretty impressive fighting force, but I still think it would lose.
    Not only enemy fallen ones can be raised, scourge raised long time dead people too, can raise animals, and in need can reraise their fallen troops as skeletons,spirits, or reuse as abomination mats. You cannot win against that unless u can deny that advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Scourge because of the necromancy ability to fill their ranks quickly but now if Gul'dan were able to summon Archimonde, then things changes
    Exactly what Arthas and Kel'thuzad succeed in doing in Reign of Chaos.

Demons (Legion) were behind both of those forces so I'm assuming they wouldn't side with any of those in this specific event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Well as its the third war lk who is stuck on frozen throne they might pull it of with same kind of ritual which illidan did in tft using the dragon soul as conduict and gul'dan casting it on the frozen throne itself so there are ways but scourge would win in over half of the possibilities.
    They could try to pull it out, the ritual Illidan used something from the Tomb of Sargeras with the guidance of Gul'dan's Skull to perform that ritual, so it's completely possible.

What makes me wonder if Malfurion would try to stop them, I mean simply destroying the Frozen Throne has devastating consequences to Azeroth.

My point is Scourge has way to much plot armor to lose, if they destroy the Frozen Throne, Azeroth is doom and the Scourge will run rampart and destroy everything, if they managed to kill the Lich King the same thing.

Moving a War Campaign across Azeroth to Northrend and replacing the Lich King looks like the only possible way to victory, and even so, I doubt they could pull it out like both the Horde and Alliance of our time, with basically everybody else and with the power of friendship did.

Bear in mind that I'm considering Scourge at its peak, including Sylvanas, the Forsaken, the Fallen Kingdom of Lordaeron, the Nerubian and the troops that possible never died in Archimond attempt to destroy Nordrassil.

Even the full might of the Horde that came across the Dark Portal couldn't handle it alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Now if you added together with the old Horde and Garrosh's Iron Horde I think the could pull it out.

Garrosh was a very successful at his war campaign against the Scourge, he basically was a front man against the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel and had the knowledge of modern weaponry that could hugely benefit the Horde war tactics to handle the massive amount of Undead.

They would still need the demonroids to win but it would be a fair victory.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Exactly what Arthas and Kel'thuzad succeed in doing in Reign of Chaos.

Demons (Legion) were behind both of those forces so I'm assuming they wouldn't side with any of those in this specific event.
    Unless Ner'zhul has already gave the middle finger to the legion which is the most likely scenario or the paranoid of the dreadlords would had convinced then to intervene.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-03-22 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Horde had a weak nearly depleted dragon soul, dont confuse It with the one we use against deathwing(directly from the war of the ancient with full power, and overcharged by the aspects). Only the legion have the upper hand against the scourge(Demons cant be resurrected and slave via necromancy)
    What kind of nonsense? The Horde had a Dragon Soul as strong as it was during the War of the Ancients, Necros (or Gul'dan, for that matter) can simply shoot a ray and destroy the undead, they can not oppose anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Unless Ner'zhul has already gave the middle finger to the legion which is the most likely scenario or the paranoid of the dreadlords would had convinced then to intervene.
    Well Ner'zhul only did that after Archimond failed to bang the tree, anyhow whoever gets the legion support wins.

Dreadlords are a powerful weapon, the massive demons like Infernals would crush armies (orcs or undead don't matter). It would be unfair tbh.

The scourge would win even with Timmy as Arthas lookalike.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Scourge unless the Legion gets reaaaally involved in backing the orcs. Arthas is pretty hard to beat, until you get something like corrupted Aggramar cleaving him in two.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The Scourge unless the Legion gets reaaaally involved in backing the orcs. Arthas is pretty hard to beat, until you get something like corrupted Aggramar cleaving him in two.
    Why does everyone think Arthas is so incredibly powerful? Gul'Dan will destroy him

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    What kind of nonsense? The Horde had a Dragon Soul as strong as it was during the War of the Ancients, Necros (or Gul'dan, for that matter) can simply shoot a ray and destroy the undead, they can not oppose anything.
    Nope, even thrall stronger shaman of that time imbued with earth aspect power cant control the power of a real dragon soul, you are saying a weak gul dan or a random orc(necros) Will be able to control It?, Second war dragon soul was a weak, depleted and crack down dragon soul, It can only "control" a "single" dragon, red dragons helped the horde so the horde dont hurt their Queen, stop with your headcannon Lore , its common knowledge that the dragon soul of the second war was a shadow of the real one, thats one the reason we go back im time and get the "real" one and not a "fake"

PD: for control i mean subdue, horde never had full control of alextrazsa will
    Last edited by azkhane; 2019-03-22 at 08:18 AM.