Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    level squish would be horrible without some MAJOR event happening to make an attempt to explain it away lore wise...
    Not really they could make it happen so you can level much faster just doing 1 zone each past expansion still of doing all the other ones. At least for alts.

The real issue is alts. It take time to level from 1-110 if you have a job and active life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, he just doesn’t make any attempt to actually answer questions. It’s a political means of bridging to the written message he has to say, and ensure he’s not actually corrected and forced to answer what he was actually asked.

I suppose that alone explains why the game is in the mess it’s in.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMO they should absolutely do a level squish from 120 to 60, with 70 as the new max in the next expansion. Just cut everything in half and they won't have to do it again for another 15 years.

Just clean up the level ranges for zones, maybe link together all the most important story quests into a "main scenario" campaign of some sort that gives boosted experience and speeds you to max level.

It would make leveling feel better with more frequent levels of talents, and sets a new floor to give them more room to expand in the future.

They do a level squish and my "expansion break" turns into "permanent break" worst idea ever. Its our last piece of permanent progression, they've taken all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Reading all those bullshit coming from them make me stay unsubbed. Thanks goodness, i was this close coming back and realized and NOPE'D the fuck out. No regrets guys, it's all good.
    Absolutely and congrats, 8.1.5 was a bad joke, adding new races into the games, more mounts, more pets .... does not fix the common general problems, as long you have to grind for your neck, the game is useless. P.S. still no PVP vendors!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    IMO they should absolutely do a level squish from 120 to 60, with 70 as the new max in the next expansion. Just cut everything in half and they won't have to do it again for another 15 years.

Just clean up the level ranges for zones, maybe link together all the most important story quests into a "main scenario" campaign of some sort that gives boosted experience and speeds you to max level.

It would make leveling feel better with more frequent levels of talents, and sets a new floor to give them more room to expand in the future.
    I've stopped a while ago watching videos from those 2 monkeys, clear question, never an direct answer.. waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Gear reset by gaining 15 ilvls is fine. Gear reset of 15 ilvls over the current mythic gear is not. I think the OP in the Preach thread nailed down a tiered system that would solve this, where say LFR progresses from 350>365>380>395 over an expansion, while mythic would go 380>395>410>435. Everyone gets meaningful progression each tier, but you aren't getting upgrades from content that's trivial to you barring titanforges.
    This was actually my question (Bearfat) and I'm disappointed they didn't address this. They said they want an iLvl upgrade of 15 for a new tier, except it's actually 30 for the same difficulty level. Their answer was they want people to feel rewarded "progressing" from heroic dazar'alor to normal azshara which I don't agree with.

they are labeling everyone that has concerns with item Progression as HARDCORE gamers to decrease the importance and our voice.

Why the hell I felt like I am playing the game wrong?

Quote:

The team doesn't want the advertising of selling runs to dominate channels and group finder and have taken steps to try and stop it, but there is no way to stop it completely.

I call BS, this needs to be removed. This is supposed to be a VIDEO GAME and not work that most people are making it out to be and making a living on selling runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Quote:

The team doesn't want the advertising of selling runs to dominate channels and group finder and have taken steps to try and stop it, but there is no way to stop it completely.

I call BS, this needs to be removed. This is supposed to be a VIDEO GAME and not work that most people are making it out to be and making a living on selling runs.
    What they said about that is basically "We don't want to invest any human resources (money) into this issue, our automated systems have no way to stop it completely".

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    What they said about that is basically "We don't want to invest any human resources (money) into this issue, our automated systems have no way to stop it completely".
    Nah, what they're NOT saying is "If we throttle or stop the practice, the high level guilds will leave the game and not come back."

And, I'm sure Ion's guild, who are one of those guilds, has made it perfectly clear on this issue.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The team is actively trying to figure out how to lessen moments that feel bad without making everything a vendor.

JUST HAVE A VENDOR. Seriously stop with the arrogance already.
    I agree. Just have the fucking vendor. Make some currency drop kinda like sanguicells or death breaths and put in a vendor. You have one for Azerite shit and it made life easier. Do it for other shit instead so people can actually get gear that isn't awfully itemised because that shit pisses me off a lot. True, at high enough ilvls it's less and less of an issue but it's still an ongoing thing that should be made easier in the future.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched this whole thing drunk and I thought it was some of the best comedy of 2019 so far, good job Ion and Lore as always.

His lies get more and more blatant every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    A Caverns of Time portal is being added to the portal hubs in the next update.
    Nice. As there's no current content there, this makes it look like we can expect a new Caverns of Time dungeon/raid in the future. Unless it's just because of people crying about the flight from Uldum to Tanaris.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    level squish would be horrible without some MAJOR event happening to make an attempt to explain it away lore wise...
    "Character levels" is not something that exists in the lore. The lore would be completely unchanged, level squish or no level squish.

Did/do you think the "item level squish" also needed a "lore explanation"?

Leveling pace was actually fine before they came in a took a big sledgehammer to it in Legion just to satisfy some ridiculous forum goobers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I would love to see a level squish as long as the time per level doesn't double. Cata's 80-85 felt terrible.
    It's highly unlike it'll double, but the time needed per level will definitely increase. Otherwise you'd just breeze through the levels, and might reach max level (or minimum level for current expansion) in a day or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Boooo, Ion sucks. Boooo I say!
    Pretty much....more softball answers that don't really matter from him

Why vendors are bad idea I do not get it.
    I remember farming dungeons to get some loot that would help me to get into raiding.
    They were not BiS but they were good enough to give you enough boost and ilvls.