Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Who cares, you can just buy lvl 110 in retail and then hit 120 within 8-10 hours without heirlooms.
    Classic is coming out, that's where the community is going, heirlooms useless in classic.
    Except classic sucks, so please stop bringing up outside of the classic forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    What is it with these classic people popping up in every damn thread? There's a separate classic forum just below this one. Rather annoying with attempts to derail every god damn thread to "woot woot classic hype".

OT: I've only ever used heirlooms for the XP bonus, the stat gains have always felt very secondary. You want to use them to shorten your leveling journey a bit, that's about it. I guess that's the rationale with how they're balanced.
    it appears because they know how much classic sucks so they have to artificialy hype it up to bring as many naive bastards on launch as possible,

i literaly cannot wait for epic shitstorm of "is this all" threads all over internet when classic launches. popcorn ready on standby because its gonna be hillarius to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They've said it clearly, you choose between the power or the bonus XP.

Is it a tad lazy not making heirlooms have Azerite capabilities from 110+? Sure, but that's how it is.
    it was supposed to be a choice between azerite traits and no azerite traits, they never said they were going to have lower stats. in fact, i remember one blue saying they would have comparable stats.

they are FAR too weak, when mobs in the world are scaled around you normally wearing those 285 - 300 pieces while leveling. got my ass crushed in incursions with that shit. it's entirely understandable that they don't have azerite traits, but the stats must be buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it appears because they know how much classic sucks so they have to artificialy hype it up to bring as many naive bastards on launch as possible,

i literaly cannot wait for epic shitstorm of "is this all" threads all over internet when classic launches. popcorn ready on standby because its gonna be hillarius to read.
    I wonder what you'll do when classic becomes has more active people than the main game. Wonder if you'll think it's just as hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I just spent a ton of money upgrading my heirlooms, but they seem to be not scaling properly.

Leveling azerite gear is level 285 ilvl, but my heirlooms take up the slot and are at 225 ilvl. I definitely feel a bit weaker than when wearing the azerite gear. Is this intended?

I think the heirlooms could maybe get a little bit of a boost to compensate.
    They are supposed to be weaker than relevant gear, but they level with you and you don't rely on drops, so your power level is less spiky. Important part of heirlooms is XP boost, that's why you wear them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Classic is coming out, that's where the community is going, heirlooms useless in classic.
    If you're expecting a mass exodus to classic away from retail, I'm 95% certain you'll be in for a disappointment.

Who cares, you can just buy lvl 110 in retail and then hit 120 within 8-10 hours without heirlooms.
    classic is only temporary nostalgia feeling that's it. Blizzard are doing this for quick cash grab and by like lol stupid people keep playing my shit. Thanks goodness i didn't pre order cuz i know blizzard's up to something's fucky and you can't expect them to exactly keep their words.

This is the nerd equivalent of the school jock who just wants to relive past glory instead of rising to the new challenges of a changing world.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They are supposed to be weaker than relevant gear, but they level with you and you don't rely on drops, so your power level is less spiky. Important part of heirlooms is XP boost, that's why you wear them
    While it's less of an issue now, another benefit of heirlooms scaling with you is that considering how fast the leveling process is, you won't have as many gear slots that are years behind the others. In the slots where there aren't heirlooms, I've had the items be sometimes 50-60 levels behind because the quests and/or drops didn't not provide a piece of gear. Even before the revamp of heirlooms, there were BoA non-heirloom items that completely destroyed said heirlooms in power (typically archaeology BoA's and world loot BoA's found all over the place in MoP). These BoA's wouldn't scale, but were typically balanced for max level of their respective expansions but equippable at the starting level of said expansion.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    While it's less of an issue now, another benefit of heirlooms scaling with you is that considering how fast the leveling process is, you won't have as many gear slots that are years behind the others. In the slots where there aren't heirlooms, I've had the items be sometimes 50-60 levels behind because the quests and/or drops didn't not provide a piece of gear. Even before the revamp of heirlooms, there were BoA non-heirloom items that completely destroyed said heirlooms in power (typically archaeology BoA's and world loot BoA's found all over the place in MoP). These BoA's wouldn't scale, but were typically balanced for max level of their respective expansions but equippable at the starting level of said expansion.
    It still doesn't matter much, mostly because everything still falls down on its back and you are in no danger of dying even with items 50-60 levels behind. But yeah, since the very announce of heirlooms i expected them to be, basically "a bit worse than blue items for your level, but they level with you". But they turned out to be OP as fuck, until brought down to not-so-ridiculous level
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I suspect that classic will be huge for about 6 months to a year... about that time everyone will look up and realize that nearly everyone left on the server has defeated Naxx on at least one character, then the realization will sink in that no one left playing it is really all that special because everyone still there is basically equal.

It’s going to be a harsh reality check for a lot of people.

On the other hand, that rare breed of person who likes to twink and fight other twinks (not just roll noobs) might actually find a permanent home there.
    Clearing Naxx?

Lol, 90% of players won’t even get to C’thun. Ever. Not counting that if they stick more or less with the original timeline Naxx will be out after one year and a half.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2019-03-22 at 07:57 AM.

Kill stuff with Azerite, complete quests with Heirloom

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was supposed to be a choice between azerite traits and no azerite traits, they never said they were going to have lower stats. in fact, i remember one blue saying they would have comparable stats.

they are FAR too weak, when mobs in the world are scaled around you normally wearing those 285 - 300 pieces while leveling. got my ass crushed in incursions with that shit. it's entirely understandable that they don't have azerite traits, but the stats must be buffed.
    Whe you get your first azerite pieces, their ilvl is FAR above the "normal" gear for that level, so it's more like azerite being overpowered than heirlooms being underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Whe you get your first azerite pieces, their ilvl is FAR above the "normal" gear for that level, so it's more like azerite being overpowered than heirlooms being underpowered.
    yeah, and the mobs in the world are tuned with azerite gear stats in mind.

so the heirlooms should match their stats, at the very least, since they can never match the azerite traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I care because they cost a ton of money. It seems reasonable to expect an upgrade after spending tens of thousands of gold on heirloom gear upgrades.
    No. It's not reasonable. You're comparing heirlooms to Azerite and that's where you're wrong. Azerite is not leveling gear. Heirlooms were always on par with normal dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I wonder what you'll do when classic becomes has more active people than the main game. Wonder if you'll think it's just as hilarious.
    Damn you're delusional.

I personally can't wait for classic, but it will never be as huge as retail. Perhaps the first week when everyone will test it out it will be huge, but will lose players rather quickly. I'm betting most people won't even get to lvl 10 before quitting.

OT:
    Heirlooms seems fine. You chose - power or exp%.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Heirlooms far more when they made me a killing Machine. I miss soloing Dungeons whilst carrying 4 other people for fast EXP.

7.3.5 leveling changes are still by far the biggest reason I pulled back on playing WoW as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Clearing Naxx?

Lol, 90% of players won’t even get to C’thun. Ever. Not counting that if they stick more or less with the original timeline Naxx will be out after one year and a half.
    mate 90% of players wont make it past level 20. i wonder what weed you guys are smoking - certainly want to try it cause its gotta be really good stuff.

Would you rather have the crap experience of retail or the crap experience of classic though? Personally, I'd rather be on classic where progression of a character actually feels like progression.
    Slow and frustrating progression in a dead world with a finish line vs. quick, yet meaningless progression in a changing world without and ending. I think retail will retain a lot of the players, as they will soon tire from walking around barrens for 20 hours with no mount, and start to remember that vanilla was more about leveling, discovery and farming than it was fun raid encounters.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    mate 90% of players wont make it past level 20. i wonder what weed you guys are smoking - certainly want to try it cause its gotta be really good stuff.
    90% of those players who’ll make it past 20 won’t reach Naxx anyway