Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Future Allied Races only in 2020 and announcement at Blizzcon?

Ion just stated that no new Allied Races will become playable at 8.2 Rise of Azshara in yesterday's Q&A.

As major patches lately have a 6 month duration, so i guess only in early 2020 will be the closest expected date for us to get a new Allied Race.

Taking this into consideration, i bet the new Allied Races will be presented at Blizzcon together with the new expansion and the new hero class(es), aka Tinker and / or Dark Ranger (my bets).

When we see the ingame screen selection for new characters and we choose new Allied Races, we see below the current four ones in each faction that it seems to exist space in the blue and red faction stripes where it is possible to fit two more icons / slots of at least TWO more pairs of Allied races.

Is Blizzard going to release on 8.3 (probably fight against N'Zoth) two more pairs of Allied Races?

My bets: Mechagnomes vs. Vulpera will be the most realistic choices.
    Unsure about the next pair though.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-22 at 05:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ι think some AR will be used as a pre-purchase tactic for next expansion. Maybe early access for possible new class as well.

Buy them now in game store for $20, 2% goes to fuund tournaments ..

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Ion just stated that no new Allied Races will become playable at 8.2 Rise of Azshara in yesterday's Q&A.

As major patches lately have a 6 month duration, so i guess only in early 2020 will be the closest expected date for us to get a new Allied Race.

Taking this into consideration, i bet the new Allied Races will be presented at Blizzcon together with the new expansion and the new hero class(es), aka Tinker and / or Dark Ranger (my bets).

When we see the ingame screen selection for new characters and we choose new Allied Races, we see below the current four ones in each faction that it seems to exist space in the blue and red faction stripes where it is possible to fit two more icons / slots of at least TWO more Allied races.

Is Blizzard going to release on 8.3 (probably fight against N'Zoth) two more pairs of Allied Races?

To me it really feels like they switched tactics sometimes during the first patch and just decided to unnaturally strech out the pacing between the releases of new allied races. I think it's a bad decision because allied races are one of the very few features that people actually do like about the expansion.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

5+ Year Old Account
    With the introduction of Mechagon, Mechagnomes definitely have a chance of being the next Alliance Allied race. Vulpera are most likely coming for the Horde as the story seems to be pushing them further into the faction, either due to the Alliance assaults in Vol'dun that target them or the fact that Talanji also considers them part of her "pack".

Beyond that, perhaps new races will appear in Rise of Azshara that will want to ally themselves with us, maybe some races that will help each faction establish a foothold in Nazjatar. Though to be fair I was hoping Blizzard would bring into the fray races that already existed and fans been interested in such as Ogres, Jinyu, Mogu or Sethrak, but it depends of course, if they introduce some cool new races I'd be all for it!

For the next expansion they might introduce a new core race, or at least new classes? Tinker would be interesting and it's highly demanded. I would like to see new specs being added too to existing classes. I liked the concept of Phoenix Mages as a Healing spec for Mages or a proper Tank spec for Shamans.

Regardless, I believe at least one allied race will be added for every existing race, except maybe Pandaren because they are neutral (unless they also add a neutral Allied Race which could be interesting but kinda against the whole "Faction conflict" background going on with BfA.

P. S. I would have loved Ethereals as Allied race but I believe Void Elves killed that opportunity (not hating on Velves tho, I play them too and enjoy them)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    To me it really feels like they switched tactics sometimes during the first patch and just decided to unnaturally strech out the pacing between the releases of new allied races. I think it's a bad decision because allied races are one of the very few features that people actually do like about the expansion.
    I agree But the bad decision is more in terms of popularity, rather than making money, i think.

I think they changed the business model and decided to make allied races the new 6 monthly promotions to boost their periodic sales.
    "New Allied Races available! 30% discount on all race changes! Go go go..." Might be more finantially effective than selling a new mount for a 6 month subscription.

business as usual

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion said there are no new Allied Races in 8.2

But Jeremy Feasel clearly indicated that there would be new Allied during the life cycle of BFA in his interview with Taliesin and Evitel, although he was relucatant to say they would occur after the end of BFA. I doubt Blizzard will want to detract from the new expansion announcement by devoting too much time to talking about BFA features, which they can do through other channels such as youtube videos or Q and As.

What we know in summary then is that there will be new Allied races before BFA, but there won't be any in 8.2.

This should not be surprising to anyone, particularly given how the long wait for Zandalari and Kul Tirans saw a lot of forum discontent. An announcement is regarded as a promise, and people hoping for an Allied race then switch to complaining about waiting for it. I believe Blizzard now intends only to confirm an Allied race is happening in the run up to the patch it will be deployed in.

So, 8.2 is out. 8.2.5 however is NOT Rise of Azshara. It will be where I look for the next Allied races. And he said that getting to know a race is indicative of them being playable. This is strongly indicative of Mecha Gnomes, whom we will get to know heavily during in 8.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Aye, I'd expect Vulpera and Mechagnomes to be announced there or earlier as I reckon they'll be in 8.3 or maybe even 8.2.5. As much as I hate the idea of both races they're easily the most likely of the lot.

I really wish they'd stop adding allied races, but considering how well they made BfA sell I doubt they will. Allied race early access got them way more money than even Demon Hunter early access did.

Ah well, at least there's some small hope we'll one day see Mogu.

Is that really what WoW has become? People get excited about upcoming / lack of fluff? It doesn't matter what race you are if the content in the game is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Ι think some AR will be used as a pre-purchase tactic for next expansion. Maybe early access for possible new class as well.
    same thought here . my best bet is that during blizzon they will announce 9.0 allow pre purchases and let people who will pre purchase play mechanognomes and forsaken night elves.

when thinking about new allied races you always gotta aim first at ones which didnt get reskin yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it really feels like they switched tactics sometime during the first patch and just decided to unnaturally strech out the pacing between the releases of new allied races. I think it's a bad decision because allied races are one of the very few features that people actually do like about the expansion.
    I agree. I think the next set(s) of ARs we see will be released exactly how the the first 4 ARs were in late Legion. I also think they'll be the NPC races we'll have been seeing during the BfA story arc, again, exactly how the Legion NPC races became ARs. All in all, I wouldn't expect news about ARs until Blizzcon this Autumn. I suspect we'll get both the reveal of what the next expansion is and the new ARs coming just before or with 9.0.

I still think Vulpera and some kind of new Undead (fresh looking, lightborn, Night Elf?) are likely for the Horde and Mecha Gnomes and Sethrak are the most likely candidates for the Alliance.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-22 at 11:46 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

But Jeremy Feasel clearly indicated that there would be new Allied during the life cycle of BFA in his interview with Taliesin and Evitel, although he was relucatant to say they would occur after the end of BFA. I doubt Blizzard will want to detract from the new expansion announcement by devoting too much time to talking about BFA features, which they can do through other channels such as youtube videos or Q and As.

What we know in summary then is that there will be new Allied races before BFA, but there won't be any in 8.2.

This should not be surprising to anyone, particularly given how the long wait for Zandalari and Kul Tirans saw a lot of forum discontent. An announcement is regarded as a promise, and people hoping for an Allied race then switch to complaining about waiting for it. I believe Blizzard now intends only to confirm an Allied race is happening in the run up to the patch it will be deployed in.

So, 8.2 is out. 8.2.5 however is NOT Rise of Azshara. It will be where I look for the next Allied races. And he said that getting to know a race is indicative of them being playable. This is strongly indicative of Mecha Gnomes, whom we will get to know heavily during in 8.2.
    I agree with almost everything you said here. (we usually agree except when its regarding High Elf issues! lol)

The only thing i'm not certain is about "8.2.5 however is NOT Rise of Azshara." For me it still is, and that is why i thought they might wait until Blizzcon to announce the next ones. But yes, it can be debatable if Ion included 8.2.5 when he said no new allied Races in Rise of Azshara patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    all of this

it'll be mechagnomes and vulpera. tinker will be the new class. we saw mechagnome character models at the last blizzcon, plus now you have mekkatorque on life support. how's he gonna survive? gnomish darth vader. that's how. there's your mechagnome racial leader. the regular gnomes can be led by some pink haired foo foo girly gnome now, like they were always meant to be
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

When we see the ingame screen selection for new characters and we choose new Allied Races, we see below the current four ones in each faction that it seems to exist space in the blue and red faction stripes where it is possible to fit two more icons / slots of at least TWO more Allied races.

your bets are spot on given what we already know. as for the next pairing, there are a few choices. Jinyu and Hozen make sense to be paired together. my other guess would be Ogres and Vrykul - Ogres (H) because they feel indebted to orcs somehow and Vrykul (A) because Sylvanas is trying to mess with their leader, Helya. if the next expansion is something to do with Dragons it would be cool to get Dragonkin as a playable race for both factions

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

8.2.5 is when rise of azhara raid will open .

so nothing will come before at least 8.3 and my best bet is 8.3.5 aka release of last raid of this expansion

The next ones will probably be released in the late part of this year or beginning of next year. They’ll be tied to the rep from 8.2. A definite coverage of them at Blizzcon along with what’s next. The following ones will be released pre expansion like the Legion ones were before bfa. Yes, probably 2 week early access with pre purchase and achievements and rep.

Who,
    Alliance: MechaGnome, Sethrak, Jinyu, “light” Undead

Horde: Vulpera, GilGoblin, Hozen, Ogre
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-03-22 at 11:48 AM.

For me it's enough time as I still don't have exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think in 8.2 and 8.2.5 they will be introducing new races such as mechagnomes, jinyu, whatever the hell Calia is, and want to gauge the community's interest. At least that's what I took from Ion's answer.

I wouldn't be surprised if 8.3 comes with a new patch of ARs and a revamp to the unlock process, or a removal of the rep restrictions for the Legion ARs

Vulpera would surely become a new race, not an allied one?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Aye, I'd expect Vulpera and Mechagnomes to be announced there or earlier as I reckon they'll be in 8.3 or maybe even 8.2.5. As much as I hate the idea of both races they're easily the most likely of the lot.

I really wish they'd stop adding allied races, but considering how well they made BfA sell I doubt they will. Allied race early access got them way more money than even Demon Hunter early access did.

Ah well, at least there's some small hope we'll one day see Mogu.
    Mogu is a very probable race to become playable.

They were allies of the Zandalari in MoP, they have presence in BfA, they have the Draenei skeleton structure and cool features that would make them a success.