Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazeyB View Post
    ??? Every reputation maybe takes two weeks of doing WQs.
    For me it took two months.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

No, they shouldn't. It's perfectly fine for some things in the game to require effort and time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, because I've done the grind, and I feel more PRESTIGIOUS knowing that lots of players don't have access to those oh-so-cool races.

It's similar to the Mage Tower rewards, but it requires a different kind of "skill" to accomplish. The fans are lucky that those Allied Races aren't being removed once next expansion hits, too.

All the prestige, for those willing to grind.

So special.
    It's really good to pay subscribtion for new, prestigious stuff for only a group of players. I would prefer the art team to update more old spell animations than to work on these stupid mage tower transmogs.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yes.

Actually those requirements to unlock the allied races should be the Heritage Armor requirements.

The races should be easily unlocked just like normal races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    it takes a couple of weeks to grind it, mostly just doing dailies who don't require you to do a lot of stuff

too bad you can't have everything for free, isn't it?

--- no, i don't agree with you, grinding/paced progression is part of the game and even an MMO
    I normally would agree.. But grinding for items is one thing, grinding for a playable race is entirely different.

WoW never used to require it. Other MMOs don't require it. So no, grinding to play a new race is not normal for an MMO.
    Kupo.

10+ Year Old Account
    For older ones, yes. It should only require you to do the insurrection questline (for example) or finish Argus, etc. Those questlines are time consuming enough without "lmao grind the same handful of worldquests for a month!"

Alternatively, add rep gains into the relevant raids or dungeons or outdoor mobs once the expac is finished so if people want to just hash out the stupid rep in a few hours, let them. Time gating is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    You get that they are called Allied Races and not new races, do to the fact that we have to allie with them before we can play them. I would at best remove rep requierment for allied reces from old xpacs, but for allied races in current xpacs should be looked behind rep and achivments.
    Completing their questlines gives them enough reasons to join your factions. I can't understand why killing the Blood God isn't respectable enough for Zandalari but pranking priests of Gonk makes them suddenly love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, they shouldn't. It's perfectly fine for some things in the game to require effort and time.
    Literally just time. There is no effort whatsoever in doing the same handful of world quests for a month while you wait, gated, for them to respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I normally would agree.. But grinding for items is one thing, grinding for a playable race is entirely different.

WoW never used to require it. Other MMOs don't require it. So no, grinding to play a new race is not normal for an MMO.
    We have to remember that back in Cataclysm nobody complained about new races being to easy to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine everything being time gated for this long and you still not meeting the very low requirements
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok, let's add rep grind for Draenei and Blood Elves then. All characters of these races will be locked until player gets exalted with Aldor and Scryers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Imagine everything being time gated for this long and you still not meeting the very low requirements
    They aren't very low. It takes much, much time. For me it was two months of buying contracts and doing emissaries every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkstra View Post
    With only 1500 once every 5 days its probaly gonna take longer then a few weeks
    You can get more reputation than that. The WQ's give small amounts but those add up. Honorbound/7th Legion Rep has a lot more ways to earn it, to the point where doing all of the WQ's for it that I saw one day would have given me ~1000 rep. And you can get missions that award reputation.

The Emissary is not the only place to earn reputation, it just awards the most.

I do hate how tangible and obvious the time gate is though. Overall though it's not that big of a deal, since you earn it for playing. The challenge for me is playing the character to earn the rep, rather than one of my other characters. Earning that rep is just about the only reason for me to log into that character anymore.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2019-03-22 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

I stopped playing in legion and didnt have the time to play bfa until now. But now i'm returning im kinda bumping into a huge wall to start playing again.

For me the thing i like most about bfa is the chance to play a zandalari troll, but as it is now i need to level tot 120 with another race first. And thats fine. I dont even mind the war campaign since that is just new story.

But what i do mind however is the endless reputation grind i need to do with 2 factions to unlock my zandalari trolls. This means i need to play something i dont want to just to play something i do want. And then theres the older allied races. I actually need to grind boring legion content to unlock those.

My opinion is here that blizzard should remove the reputation grind from the allied races and make them easier to get for returning / new players.

Is this something you agree on?
    It makes sense though since they're an allied race and not a new race that you first have to gain them as allies. It would be nice if the rep grind wasn't atrocious though, I do agree with that. Maybe if it's start at revered to start the quests to obtain them and all those quests give more rep. That way when you're done, you only have to do a few other quests for them to get exalted.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hello,

I stopped playing in legion and didnt have the time to play bfa until now. But now i'm returning im kinda bumping into a huge wall to start playing again.

For me the thing i like most about bfa is the chance to play a zandalari troll, but as it is now i need to level tot 120 with another race first. And thats fine. I dont even mind the war campaign since that is just new story.

But what i do mind however is the endless reputation grind i need to do with 2 factions to unlock my zandalari trolls. This means i need to play something i dont want to just to play something i do want. And then theres the older allied races. I actually need to grind boring legion content to unlock those.

My opinion is here that blizzard should remove the reputation grind from the allied races and make them easier to get for returning / new players.

Is this something you agree on?
    NO, they are fine like this. gives the feeling you worked to obtain something.
    Plus people are always complaining there is no new content. Now you have content )

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm Alliance. But my OCD can't stand to have grayed out options on the character selection screen, so I'm making it a point to unlock all Allied Races. I only have the Zandalari Troll left to unlock.

Two weeks ago, I started the grind on my 110 Horde Paladin. Two weeks later, I have all the achievements -- even Two Sides to Every Tale (which is very cool), completed all the War Campaign story lines, completed all the quests in every zone, etc... I'm at 371 item level now, without ever stepping foot into a raid.

But the Zandalari, I'm only 8k into Revered now, and I've been playing this Horde character pretty hard core in my opinion. So far at level 120, my /played is 50 hours, that isn't counting the /played from 110 to 120. So....idk 80 hours so far, and I'm only half done unlocking a race option?

Yes, the rep requirements are ridiculous when you've completed everything there is to do. As usual...the brain stems of the gaming community will jump on these discussions with ridiculous claims that it can be done in a week or two.

Now as far as the heritage armor goes, I think those requirements should stay. Some cosmetic things like titles, toys, mounts, etc...should have an effort. Another reason I want to unlock all of these races is so that I can level them all to 110 (someday) for the achievements. To me it feels like a new "Insane" achievement (which I earned, before they made it piss easy).

Only true dipshits would defend gating a race option, on a character selection screen. Completing the story lines to unlock the races make sense, but rep requirements is nothing more than a senseless time gate.
    They just have done it already so they want all players to suffer the same pain. Not to mention that they want to feel better than people who have more demanding job that doesn't let them play 24/7.

Getting exalted with Honorbound to unlock the Mag'Har was pretty easy. That was done just through normal play.
    Thanks God for incursion world quests. They made getting this rep immensely easier. Now I am waiting for naga invasion that would help aswell.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, because I like them being rewards for additional/optional play.

I do think after two expansions it'd be fine to lower the requirement to revered. There will likely be more core races in the future, so I'd rather ARs remain an unlockable and not treated as their replacement. I'm glad people like them, but there is more novelty in their scarcity.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, because I've done the grind, and I feel more PRESTIGIOUS knowing that lots of players don't have access to those oh-so-cool races.

It's similar to the Mage Tower rewards, but it requires a different kind of "skill" to accomplish. The fans are lucky that those Allied Races aren't being removed once next expansion hits, too.

All the prestige, for those willing to grind.

So special.
    I'm not sure of you are speaking for real or being sarcastic...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Completing their questlines gives them enough reasons to join your factions. I can't understand why killing the Blood God isn't respectable enough for Zandalari but pranking priests of Gonk makes them suddenly love you.
    Because Blizzard needed to buy time to finish KTs and release both at the same time. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason why they weren't available before the DIs and MOs.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    NO, they are fine like this. gives the feeling you worked to obtain something.
    Plus people are always complaining there is no new content. Now you have content )
    I would prefer it to have more engaging story. Most of them are whether "Prank these pesky druids to please Pa'ku because she had fun when you did it yesterday" or "This enemy is a threat to our plans. Kill it for the Banshee Queen." When I am asking for new content, I am asking for new zone with 10+ chapters, full voice acting and without being timegated by a new reputation or patch schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Because Blizzard needed to buy time to finish KTs and release both at the same time. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason why they weren't available before the DIs and MOs.
    This is plausible explanation. Otherwise we would have "Horde bias" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, if you want to do like 20 world quests DAILY nonstop, which to everyone isn't fun. I'm not saying I'm in favor of the rep grind removal, but I'm definitely in favor of a rep grind relax on it. I've enjoyed BfA but I feel all I've done is rep grinding, and it's making me a little numb. Yeah, it feels nice when I get a sense of accomplishment unlocking the races, but the cyclical grinding is getting redundant, and that has nothing to do with the game, just this one aspect of it. This really should look at alternative unlock methods, like completing the entire story of Kul'tiras and War Campaign should have been enough to unlock the KT's without having to fill up a rep bar to exalted. Between Loremaster of Kul'tiras, Tides of Vengeance, and Pride of Kul'tiras, that is damn enough to have earned something. Granted most people were likely exalted with Proudmoore Admirality anyway, that's just an example.

Not EVERY race needs to be hidden behind a rep grind, switch it up with achievements/stories, or even raids/dungeons. That way people won't complain about rep grinding, and will be encouraged to run other content.

Hell, how cool would it be if an allied race tied to the war story had to be unlocked after winning "X" amount of battlegrounds?

Or unlock Broken by completing Timewalking Black Temple during BC TW?
    20? Try 9ish if you do one set and maybe 12-13 if you wait for the small reset later in the day. Not including contracts, emissaries, or any other reputation boosts like WQ bonus, you still unlock them pretty fast.

Loremaster, Tides of Vengeance, Pride of Kul'Tiras/Zandalar Forever you did achieve stuff with those. Loremaster gives you the first steps of flying, Tides of Vengeance unlocks a new quest chain (Not sure if Alliance get one) and a check on one of the three steps of unlocking Zandalari/Kul'Tiran. Pride of Kul'Tiras/Zandalar Forever gave you a new dungeon and oh look, another check on the associated AR. To unlock the best what a faction has to offer, shouldn't you be at the highest reputation with them?

No AR is going to be locked behind a BG requirement. PvP is already seen as a secondary thing, I remember the shitstorm that happened when they tied the MoP cloak into PvP.

BC timewalking is only up once every three months for a week and I believe it's about to become longer with WoD Timewalking. Not to mention, holy hell that would be underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    For me it took two months.
    Cool, if you wanted to take it slow, by all means.