Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    they cost service medals, 5 per
    I haven't played in many months. What are service medals from?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How much gold did it cost to stack that many potions?
    It's not gold. You literally have to do BFA content to buy one of those potions. You get 20 for every honorbound paragon cache, or 15 for the one time war front quest each cycle. Outside of that you get 1 token for each world quest you do when you have Arathi/Darkshore WQs available.

So he had to use a combined 400 tokens to do this, which is a lot of dailies and content done. Being fairly vigilant on my main, I've obtained a little over 700 since early December when they were introduced.

When I saw that people could do this, I figured what a wonderful opportunity for Blizzard. They could obviously prevent this exploit from happening, but compromise, and purposely allow them to stack 5-10 times (whatever). This makes doing max level BFA content more enticing and eases leveling for everybody.

It's sort of funny because the only people capable of doing this to any really abusive degree are those who play the game a lot and do max level BFA WQ content (and/or do it on multiple characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's not gold. You literally have to do BFA content to buy one of those potions. You get 20 for every honorbound paragon cache, or 15 for the one time war front quest each cycle. Outside of that you get 1 token for each world quest you do when you have Arathi/Darkshore WQs available.

So he had to use a combined 400 tokens to do this, which is a lot of dailies and content done.

When I saw that people could do this, I figured what a wonderful opportunity for Blizzard. They could obviously prevent this exploit from happening, but compromise, and purposely allow them to stack 5-10 times (whatever). This makes doing max level BFA content more enticing and eases leveling for everybody.
    tbh the bans are more "you're a jackass" than "you destroyed game balance"
    And I'm fine with that. Leveling multiple toons with a glitch is jackass behaviour, and they got a vacation for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Nope did not get banned
    That'd have been pretty funny though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh the bans are more "you're a jackass" than "you destroyed game balance"
    And I'm fine with that. Leveling multiple toons with a glitch is jackass behaviour, and they got a vacation for it.
    Not that I disagree, but there was a far more destructive exploit going on at roughly the same time that actually hurt the economy of the game, and nobody was actually touched for this. Generally when it comes to fucking with economy of the game, they are pretty strict too.

It's their game, they can do what they want with bans/suspensions, but some consistency would be nice.

Theyre really adamant on not making alts easier to level up, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    no rollbacks whatsoever
    Damn. That was easily worth it then.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Too harsh for me. They should just reduce levels players got by that exploit.
    reset to minimum level for the race chosen
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Theyre really adamant on not making alts easier to level up, huh?
    But, the potion still exists, and still makes alts easier to level? You just can't stack the potion to 800% now.

They really just need to level squish and call it a day.

anyone willing to share their character name so we can check to see if they are rolling back or not?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I'm not an idiot.
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not that I disagree, but there was a far more destructive exploit going on at roughly the same time that actually hurt the economy of the game, and nobody was actually touched for this. Generally when it comes to fucking with economy of the game, they are pretty strict too.

It's their game, they can do what they want with bans/suspensions, but some consistency would be nice.
    Nothing has happened *yet*

We'll see, though.

Anyone who thinks that leveling 110-120 by casually strolling through a few dungeons in 2 hours is totally legit and working as intended is quite simply lying. Anyone who thinks that a potion working differently if you separate the stacks than it does if you don't is proper functionality is also quite simply lying. I don't even buy that you could be colossally deluded enough to genuinely think that is intended behavior. Not if you have played enough to have all those potions in the first place.

These people knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and were simply gambling that Blizz wasn't going to react strongly enough (or at all) and that they could get away with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    52 hour ban for leveling a character

Would do it again.

You are an idiot if you didnt take part in this Especially as there are no rollbacks
    This may come as a shock to you, but some people actually enjoy playing the game. Some people -- gasp! -- enjoy leveling for its own sake, and find idiots who exploit the system and then complain about being disciplined (or worse, brag about it) inexplicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Anyone who thinks that leveling 110-120 by casually strolling through a few dungeons in 2 hours is totally legit and working as intended is quite simply lying. Anyone who thinks that a potion working differently if you separate the stacks than it does if you don't is proper functionality is also quite simply lying. I don't even buy that you could be colossally deluded enough to genuinely think that is intended behavior. Not if you have played enough to have all those potions in the first place.

These people knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and were simply gambling that Blizz wasn't going to react strongly enough (or at all) and that they could get away with it.
    Anyone who thinks getting dragged through Freehold for a few hours to go from 110-120 for a few hundred thousand gold is working as intended also falls into this category. But one is worthy of a ban, the other is perfectly ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    This may come as a shock to you, but some people actually enjoy playing the game. Some people -- gasp! -- enjoy leveling for its own sake, and find idiots who exploit the system and then complain about being disciplined (or worse, brag about it) inexplicable.
    Leveling once on horde, once on alliance was fun, the 2nd time, did a few quests I didn't the first time, by the third time, what's the fastest possible way. By the 12th or 13th time (there are a LOT of classes in game now), I'm looking for any possible way to make it faster.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    anyone willing to share their character name so we can check to see if they are rolling back or not?
    The armoury is based on when you log out so people won’t know till there unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphon View Post
    Anyone who thinks getting dragged through Freehold for a few hours to go from 110-120 for a few hundred thousand gold is working as intended also falls into this category. But one is worthy of a ban, the other is perfectly ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling once on horde, once on alliance was fun, the 2nd time, did a few quests I didn't the first time, by the third time, what's the fastest possible way. By the 12th or 13th time (there are a LOT of classes in game now), I'm looking for any possible way to make it faster.
    because one isn't an exploiting a bug in the code

because one isn't an exploiting a bug in the code
    So you're claiming Blizzard fully intended for people to turn off XP gains, twink the character, and use it to run people leveling through Freehold as quickly as possible for maximum XP? Seriously? And you're going to bring back the word "EXPLOIT" again? OMG... Both are definitely using the game in UNINTENDED ways, let's slide down the slippery slope!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphon View Post
    So you're claiming Blizzard fully intended for people to turn off XP gains, twink the character, and use it to run people leveling through Freehold as quickly as possible for maximum XP? Seriously? And you're going to bring back the word "EXPLOIT" again? OMG... Both are definitely using the game in UNINTENDED ways, let's slide down the slippery slope!
    I think there is quite a difference between a very obvious exploit and a that meme "creative use of game mechanics". Freehold thing is a grey area, but there is no question about this pot crap.

In all the game I play, most of my fun comes from finding glitches. (in Zelda N64 I found glitches to walk through walls and things like that..). I love this sensation of being the first to discover something. Some people play to raid me I play games to find ways of becoming unique. I hate that blizzard would simply ban people who enjoy these things like me.