Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Ι think some AR will be used as a pre-purchase tactic for next expansion. Maybe early access for possible new class as well.
    This. I doubt we'll have any more allied races in BfA. We get maybe 2/4 for the pre-purchase of the next expansion though.

People who thought we get new allied races each big patch this expansion have been delusional from the beginning.

Mechagnomes and Giblins come to mind with Tinker being the new class. So that could be some kind of super-prepurchase-bonus then. Two new distinctive allied races that can exclusively play the class (next to usual Gnomes and Goblins).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-03-22 at 04:56 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This. I doubt we'll have any more allied races in BfA. We get maybe 2/4 for the pre-purchase of the next expansion though.

People who thought we get new allied races each big patch this expansion have been delusional from the beginning.

Mechagnomes and Giblins come to mind with Tinker being the new class. So that could be some kind of super-prepurchase-bonus then. Two new distinctive allied races that can exclusively play the class (next to usual Gnomes and Goblins).
    Vulpera will get the Goblin slot (everything is pointing in that direction), so it will be hard for Giblins to become an Allied Race as well.

If we restrict the candidate race to those fitting the current and 8.2 story :

Alliance :
    - Junker Gnome
    - Ankora (Deep sea jinyu)
    - Lightforged undead (Foreshadowed by Calia)

Horde :
    - Vulpera
    - Sethrak
    - Tortollan

My guess is we will have another pair or two during BFA just before 9.0 to make player subscribed.

As the Sethrak, Vulpera and Tortollan story seem finished and unlikely to evolve, I think those race will be added to the horde as a conclusion of Zandalar story (Uniting the island under the horde banner). May be not all of them

Of course, we may see new race or old race appearing in the future patches.

Probably same case with Zandalaris and KT, they are released in some x.x.5 patch of next ones, they did a lot of money with the race change currently and doubt they will not milk the hot trend of this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Vulpera will get the Goblin slot (everything is pointing in that direction), so it will be hard for Giblins to become an Allied Race as well.
    If Horde gets Vulpera Alliance will be more than pissed and they have every right to be. You can't give Alliance just boring and fugly Mechagnomes while Horde gets a completely new race.

I see Sethrak and Vulpera as a much more likely pair than Mechagnomes and Vulpera and it would make a lot more sense from a "faction balance" standpoint.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Personally I'd rather a Chronomancer spec. In the 'Save Chromie' scenario, she had some cool spells, like 'unwinding wounds' and there could be other abilities such as increasing someone's personal time to heal faster, acting like a Hot or instead of resurrecting, pulling a version of you from another timeline that was still alive.
    That could be a cool concept actually, imagine a whole spec in which you're not actually healing, just manipulating time so that your allies never took damage to begin with. That's a lil freaky and really fascinating! :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, the horde fought the Iron Horde and the Zandalari in previous expansions, and now the Maghar Orcs and Zandalari are Horde's Allies
    That's true. If they include them in upcoming questlines in which Mogu actually are shown cooperating with us instead of being shown solely as an antagonistic force it should definitely help their cause. For as much as we fought the Iron Horde and Zandalari, there were still at least some amongst them who we were friends with. When it comes to the Mogu we would have to just straight up build an entire relationship from scratch, seeing as there aren't any actual friendly Mogu to begin with, but we know there's still a lot of them around spreading some mayhem, if there was a way to unite them under the Horde's banner, seeing as they were allies to the Zandalari I can see them joining :>

If Horde gets Vulpera Alliance will be more than pissed and they have every right to be. You can't give Alliance just boring and fugly Mechagnomes while Horde gets a completely new race.

I see Sethrak and Vulpera as a much more likely pair than Mechagnomes and Vulpera and it would make a lot more sense from a "faction balance" standpoint.
    I agree. They likely wouldn't even be real mechagnomes but more like cyborgs which should just be some customization options for normal gnomes then. With how amazing and the amount of detail and time they put into vulpera anything but multiple cybernetic limb options and other cool mech stuff that covers up your armor in that spot will end up looking like cheap slapped together dog shit that they had to hurry out because they spent all the time and resources on Horde stuff and given all the already seemingly Horde biased stuff like all the new mounts when Ally get 99% horses I don't think they can afford another "horde bias" even if all of it is unintentional.

5+ Year Old Account

For as much as I'd like to play Sethrak, way more than Vulpera actually, I don't think Blizzard will implement them for 2 reasons:

1. They are never shown actively aiding either faction, they always remain remarkably neutral in every situation. Vulpera aid the Horde by transporting their supplies, but Sethrak are not shown doing the same. The only thing they offer is the Temple of the Devoted for both factions to stay at. I think they have 0 reason to join the Alliance seeing as the Devoted are friendly to the Vulpera and Zandalari (They worship a Loa that's part of the Zandalari pantheon and have worshippers of Sethraliss on Zuldazar's sacred areas.)

2. Their models, while beautiful, are in no way given the same amount of detail as the Vulpera, they lack expressions, they weren't made with player armour in mind. Blizzard would have to rework the model, and while it is possible I don't think it will happen any time soon. Another aspect is Sexual Dymorphism. Sethrak have virtually no Dymorphism and you can only tell the differences from their voices. While I am pleased by this, in order to make each gender "special" visually, they would have to add new features to them such as patterns, spikes, horns, eye colours and shapes to make each gender seem unique enough (Just no boobs on the reptiles, pls blizz for the love of God). Sethraliss, for example, having a Female Sethrak avatar, is shown to have some particularities other Sethrak don't display, maybe they could use it as a starting point, but they probably won't. :c

You're absolutely right. I am just speaking from an Alliance player standpoint. You just can't give Horde Vulpera and Alliance some f* Gnome abominations. You just can't do that unless you want to even further maintain the "Horde bias" of this expansion. Just look at Kul Tirans vs. Zandalari. I think Zandalari are already the second or third most played race. Kul Tirans were at the bottom of the less played races. Basically nobody is playing Gnomes. Granted, there are barely anymore Goblin players but you can't give Horde a brand new race when you fed the Alliance ugly Gnome reskins with mechanical limbs. If they ever implement Vulpera as an allied race they better add Sethrak as their counterpart. Or better, don't add Vulpera as an allied race at all.

Well, that is probably why they will give 2 pairs of allied races in 8.3 instead of just vulpera and mechagnomes. The space for two extra allied race slots per faction are there, in the new characters panel.