Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    No, it has been confirmed that everyone on one side of the game has an agenda to destroy it. The frame work of this destruction is maintain subscriptions. Providing content to the other side by being there. Then winning most the raiding races. Eventually.. the plan will come together... the game will die.. long live the Horde...

/s
    Yeah, you tried with the sarcasm, but the sad thing is, Horde are dominating the game in every aspect, and most Horde players don't give a damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    So people who like to play on Horde are bringing down the game for people who like to play on Alliance. I think the kernal of truth here is min maxing WoW according to racials and FOTM is reducing the game to a spreadsheet rather that a MMO. My 2 cents on the OP
    Yeah, the whole min maxing thing is basically the issue. And also the fact that mostly people gravitate towards the bad/evil side in games, in general.
    That is a bad thing though, what you mentioned. Reducing the game to a spreadsheet, I do hope Blizz find some way to break through that barrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huanjia View Post
    I don't really think it's fair to say it's the -main- premise considering that, outside of the BFA lore, deciding what faction you want to be has not really mattered at all in regards to how you consume content. There's nothing functionally different about being Horde or Alliance outside of aesthetics and some minor abilities. Removing the faction divide would not change how the game works in any significant way. On top of that, I think you'd actually be shocked how few people really care about faction loyalty. It's a safe bet to say that most people playing the game really do not give a shit at all about the lore. So yeah... if anything, removing the faction divide would entice more people to play again knowing they could play with anyone they want whenever they want versus having an arbitrary divide that serves no purpose outside of saying "BLUE IS BETTER THAN RED!!!!"
    Well, your assumption is based on as much evidence as mine is. I really dislike the Horde and I like the faction divide. I've been playing for a long time and never gotten a Horde char to max in all those years. Because I am not interested at all in the Horde.

Wow is not Rift. Rift was literally a game that tried to be better wow than the original wow, and guess what, it failed, which was by the way obvious to everyone back then, except the usual haters who claim the current expac of wow is the worst thing ever

Not sure what the point in the thread is, it's an MMO, many people don't really care about the plot, or just care a tiny bit, regardless of faction.

On my server, Argent Dawn, players on Horde have been outnumbered since the inception of war mode. It got so bad that a few weeks ago I just disabled warmode and haven't turn it back on since (I lvled a character from 20-120 with warmode, and warmode on after).

Sharding is shit, and I wish they would stop doing it, or at least increase the amount of players that can be in a shard, and make it more fair (and better servers to go with it).

I too play on Agent Dawn-US, and Horde has been outnumbered since March 2005 ( probably before that, but that is when I started playing). I know the perception is that Alliance is the smaller faction, thus why Blizzard gave the alliance special quests to promote war-mode. However, on AD is was funny that the only people that I saw doing world quests were alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Well, your assumption is based on as much evidence as mine is. I really dislike the Horde and I like the faction divide. I've been playing for a long time and never gotten a Horde char to max in all those years. Because I am not interested at all in the Horde.
    Despite how much of an anecdote this may be, I've been playing since vanilla and have belonged to a fair assortment of incredibly high-end raiding guilds across both factions throughout the years and I can say among that diverse group of players that just about no one had any sense of faction loyalty because very few people in those guilds cared about the lore at all. They picked races based on racial benefits. After going casual, the majority of people I played with across many different servers also shared the same sentiment that they feel like the faction divide is a detriment to the game at this point.

While I have one of everything at max level on both factions, narratively my heart belongs to the Alliance.. I think the Horde is a snore that's been treading water narratively since MoP (and honestly hasn't had any compelling characters since Warcraft 3 outside of Saurfang, who has been consistently cool throughout the years). Having said all that, I'd still be much happier having the ability for my small group of Alliance friends to join my much larger group of Horde friends for raids instead of keeping us divided for no reason whatsoever. We like our racials and alliance aesthetics and shouldn't have to give that up just because the PVE majority is all on the other side, and it shouldn't be expected that all those people reroll or pay a ton of money to come to our side.

Despite how much of an anecdote this may be, I've been playing since vanilla and have belonged to a fair assortment of incredibly high-end raiding guilds across both factions throughout the years and I can say among that diverse group of players that just about no one had any sense of faction loyalty because very few people in those guilds cared about the lore at all. They picked races based on racial benefits. After going casual, the majority of people I played with across many different servers also shared the same sentiment that they feel like the faction divide is a detriment to the game at this point.

While I have one of everything at max level on both factions, narratively my heart belongs to the Alliance.. I think the Horde is a snore that's been treading water narratively since MoP (and honestly hasn't had any compelling characters since Warcraft 3 outside of Saurfang, who has been consistently cool throughout the years). Having said all that, I'd still be much happier having the ability for my small group of Alliance friends to join my much larger group of Horde friends for raids instead of keeping us divided for no reason whatsoever. We like our racials and alliance aesthetics and shouldn't have to give that up just because the PVE majority is all on the other side, and it shouldn't be expected that all those people reroll or pay a ton of money to come to our side.
    memes aside, you think manduin is an actual good character? His interactions with his "subordinates" is laughable, he represents how stupid succession systems are and he's an awful leader with plot armour made of vibranium. Jaina is objectively worse than sylvanas, but with goodboi alliance plot armour so she manages to get a pass. Let's not even talk about dogboy and the other minor characters.

There is no real need to go full cross faction. I think the ability to join groups, guilds and raids would be a good start to test the waters. You still cant enter OG if you are an Alliance player but you can play with friends, as that race that you prefer. I can see no harm in that.
    There could even be an option to hide the other factions race. The tech they use when you run around with Eitrigg and other players do the same, and you see just an horde orc instead of Eitrigg next to them? That could be used to change the race of the alliance player to a horde race. I dont know if that is really possible, or achieveable, but it could help players who dont want Alliance players in their group. I think in PvP this was already possible, but I never saw it in action, so my expierence with that is limited
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Do Alliance players care about this game at all? They faction switch to the stronger faction instead of organizing their side better.
    thats exactly what i was thinking as i read this post. dont blame horde, blame alliance.

What is this logic? lol
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    memes aside, you think manduin is an actual good character? His interactions with his "subordinates" is laughable, he represents how stupid succession systems are and he's an awful leader with plot armour made of vibranium. Jaina is objectively worse than sylvanas, but with goodboi alliance plot armour so she manages to get a pass. Let's not even talk about dogboy and the other minor characters.
    I don't think anyone is a good character right now in BFA. I just think that you're given a lot more meat story-wise as Alliance. Case in point: allied race quest for Kul'Tiran vs Zandalari. You get to dive into the culture of Kul'Tiras, visit every aspect of their maritime culture (as well as the goofy Drust shit), build a ship for the King and name it after his dead mom if you please, which gives you a nice sentimental moment between Anduin and Jaina. What do you do with the Zandalari? Click on some totems and do some jumping puzzles while the ghost of Vol'jin winks at you. Great.

Now, to be fair, I do think the Mag'har allied race quest was filled with some good stuff, but it just feels like overall the Alliance is getting the better story stuff. I'd also much rather follow my poorly written Aryan king into battle over Sylvanas Whorunner, a character that's done so many 180s in "motivation" that I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore. What are her motivations again? Does anyone know? Eliminate all life and raise them as undead? The Horde is fine with that? Or do they not get killed and resurrected too? I don't even care about the fact that they decided to make my once favorite character into a villain, it's just that she's a completely idiotic villain that is not even remotely close to the character she was in Warcraft 3. At least the Alliance has something to fight for. What did the Alliance really do that warrants having a tree filled with civilians burned down? What did the Alliance really do that warranted a nuke being dropped on top of Theramore. What did the Alliance really do to deserve not even a simple "Hey Varian, we're being overrun! We're all gonna die! You gotta get outta there!", especially after we now know that Sylvanas can fucking fly? The Alliance just wins on principle. Yeah, they're all bland as shit (and don't even get me started on Greymane, please delete the Worgen already, holy shit), but it beats a collection of mongrels standing around scratching their asses while they watch the only rational guy in their ranks get carried off in cuffs for doing the right thing. Even before that, the main horde characters' personalities are pretty foul. Gallywix is a piece of shit that is set up as a VILLAIN in the Goblin start experience, so why should you care about him at all? Nathanos Blightcaller talks to the player with the most condescending tone ever, as if he doesn't realize that you are a literal godslayer. Who the fuck is he talking to? Who writes this and thinks the players will just be like "hehe cute"? I don't really have beef with Lorthemar but he also hasn't really done shit yet. Elisande and Mayla can suck a fat one; it's a complete slap in the face to an Alliance player to have them join the Horde after everything you did for Suramar and Highmountain... unless Blizzard has just conveniently retconned it to where it was only Horde that assisted with Suramar and Highmountain. Still dumb. I think Baine is a bit of a pussy personally but I think his heart is in the right place, which is kind of what you need for leaders in a game where you're trying to not make it where "there are no bad guys". You can call it treason but I think you're a drooling moron if you're just blindly following the leader who openly admits they want to destroy all life. Cool, where do I sign up? Kill me too!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think. Kill me too!
    Paragraphs, man. Paragraphs.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

As a horde play, the only thing I care is: When can we kill the disgusting duo of Sylvanas and Nathanos?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    As a horde play, the only thing I care is: When can we kill the disgusting duo of Sylvanas and Nathanos?
    With a bit of luck, those two psychos will get killed/exiled by the end of BfA, and will be replaced with someone with actual common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.