10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's a cool and unique dps role I'll try out later, plus the weapons are badass.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

potatos confirmed beasts

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    potatos confirmed beasts
    Potato living where they belong, in the fucking ground.

smt meets bayo lightsent monsters?

Bring my Lion daddies on !

Sorry but "male viera don't leave the forests" is a pretty poor cop out for this genderlock bs....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sorry but "male viera don't leave the forests" is a pretty poor cop out for this genderlock bs....
    That was the case for mithra in XI, and there weren't male viera in past games, so I was half wondering if they were going to stick to female only here.

Interesting that they actually did a full second race (which only had males in past games) in its stead.

It doesn't bother me, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That was the case for mithra in XI, and there weren't male viera in past games, so I was half wondering if they were going to stick to female only here.

Interesting that they actually did a full second race (which only had males in past games) in its stead.

It doesn't bother me, really.
    I'd like to be a male Viera.

There's no excuse for genderlock nonsense in modern mmos.

And the Hrothgar are hideous. That Blue Ronso image look like the Sega Megadrive vomited it out onto the screen.

It's the only poor thing of the keynote and the rest of it was great but that excuse for no male Viera was a really poor cop out.

This isn't FF11 or 2002 anymore.

dancer throwing dps HYPE

Lot of salt on Reddit over Dancer and Races.

I mean yeah I'm not happy with the races but damn some people are taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Ranged Physical was the least represented role in FF14 so I'm glad they got another job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    So the First, the new area in the Shadowbringers, is it like another dimension and not set on Eorzea?
    It's like a version of Eorzea where the light washed over the world and there's only a few bastions of life left.

Seeing people thirsty for their "bunnybois" and getting mad -but its totally not a wank material thing- saying "hrothgar are just ronso heads on roe bodies!" like roes arent ronso bodies with galka heads. The salt is incredible on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Seeing people thirsty for their "bunnybois" and getting mad -but its totally not a wank material thing- saying "hrothgar are just ronso heads on roe bodies!" like roes arent ronso bodies with galka heads. The salt is incredible on twitter.
    I mean I'd like to play a Male Viera.

Imo even if they have to delay it until next expansion or a patch they should get to work on it.

Also it's not the fact they aren't happening. It's more that the reason given for no Male Viera is pretty much a cop out one. It's not 2002 or FF11 anymore.

tbh I would much rather have ronso in game than bunny boys that are never seen. the game has needed a beast-like race for a long time. i played taurens in wow and was sad nothing like it was in ff14.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you think about it Tank, Healer, and Ranged Physical were last added in Heavensward. Tank and Healer both had 3 jobs while ranged physical had 1. So the next jobs added were obviously going to be EITHER Tank or Healer and Ranged Physical if we're trying to keep the role count equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean I'd like to play a Male Viera.

Imo even if they have to delay it until next expansion or a patch they should get to work on it.

Also it's not the fact they aren't happening. It's more that the reason given for no Male Viera is pretty much a cop out one. It's not 2002 or FF11 anymore.
    I mean is it a copout if the lore indicates that male viera are extremely rare? It'd be more like bending lore to allow for male viera. Seems like it makes sense.

Tbh though I don't like the way the Hrothgar look that much.

Funny how few people commented on nomura being a guest designer. Its almost like people think he's actually still working on the 7 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean if you think about it Tank, Healer, and Ranged Physical were last added in Heavensward. Tank and Healer both had 3 jobs while ranged physical had 1. So the next jobs added were obviously going to be EITHER Tank or Healer and Ranged Physical if we're trying to keep the role count equal.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean is it a copout if the lore indicates that male viera are extremely rare? It'd be more like bending lore to allow for male viera. Seems like it makes sense.

Tbh though I don't like the way the Hrothgar look that much.
    I just don't like genderlocking personally. It's what irks me about games like BDO and Tera.

I just think for the current era it's a bit of a cop out. But just my opinion.

As I said overall another amazing keynote and just shows the passion this team has for the game and genre.

Genderlocking races isn't a big issue for me, what made me leave Tera was the "race/gender"locking of classes.
    SE isn't going to do that, so I'm good. (They even showed the Male Dancer outfit to reassure people I think.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the outrage is unreal. Kinda ridiculous tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Damn the outrage is unreal. Kinda ridiculous tbh.
    Oh I agree. I'm not happy but some people are taking it too far.

Hell FC member of mine already found one of those "copypasta" garbage posts on the forum.