Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Outlands inaccessible without a mage portal.

So I hit 60 on my Hunter, and decided to start Outlands because it's been awhile. I grab Hero's Call! Outlands from the board. Talk to the Honor Hold Mage in the Mage district it says, then walk through the Dark Portal.

So I do just that. But the Portal doesn't work. There are 4-5 others flying around, seemingly as clueless as I am.

Blizzard really done messed up with this whole portal pruning thing.

I should have titled this differently in hindsight, posting in the early hours does that, I should have said mage room portal. It's really annoying that the quest directions are incorrect, and I have to go to Shatt via the mage room and fly all the way to the Portal when the Portal could just work.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-23 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you put in a ticket ? or post it as a potential bug on the official forums ?

Portal in Org/SW to Hellfire Peninsula been removed?

I want to point out what a terrible loss it is that instead of the really cool original 'going through the dark portal in blasted lands' they made it a fucking portal in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    So I hit 60 on my Hunter, and decided to start Outlands because it's been awhile. I grab Hero's Call! Outlands from the board. Talk to the Honor Hold Mage in the Mage district it says, then walk through the Dark Portal.

So I do just that. But the Portal doesn't work. There are 4-5 others flying around, seemingly as clueless as I am.

Blizzard really done messed up with this whole portal pruning thing.

I should have titled this differently in hindsight, posting in the early hours does that, I should have said mage room portal. It's really annoying that the quest directions are incorrect, and I have to go to Shatt via the mage room and fly all the way to the Portal when the Portal could just work.
    Or you know, travel there like in the old days? Takes ten mins Max.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I want to point out what a terrible loss it is that instead of the really cool original 'going through the dark portal in blasted lands' they made it a fucking portal in Orgrimmar.
    I think they did it because it might confuse especially new players when they want to travel to outland or draenor using the dark portal.

My opinion is that they should leave the portal to outland as it is, as Outland is the MU and Draenor is the AU. They should do a bronze dragon nearby to show how it was at the time the iron horde invaded Azeroth, after all we already have Maghar orcs from 30 years in the future after the Iron Horde invasion.

But Blizzard decided to do this way. I don't agree much with this, but it is their game after all.

Wait, I thought that you would go to Hellfire Peninsula if the bronze dragon puts you in pre-WoD time, if you were to go through the Dark Portal?

And in WoD time, AU Draenor ofc.

If this is true, that is very messy and the Dark Portal was such a moment, I really hope this isn't true.

I don't know I didn't have any problem, I just choose Outlands at lvl 60, talked with the orc in the portal room to teleport me to Blasted Lands, and walked through the Dark Portal, everything worked just fine.

Although they should let the orc teleport you again to Blasted Lands every time you talk with him, not just for the quest.

What has been of:

LF Mage for Portal to Shattrath

OR

WTB Portal to Shattrath

Too old school?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to put one of the Time characters there, one you speak to who returns you to the original Dark Portal that lets you go to The Burning Crusade.

Surely not that big an ask?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    What has been of:

LF Mage for Portal to Shattrath

OR

WTB Portal to Shattrath

Too old school?
    what for?
    there is a portal to shatt in the portal rooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Portal in Org/SW to Hellfire Peninsula been removed?
    Stormwind still has an NPC sending you to the Blasted Lands....
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Stormwind still has an NPC sending you to the Blasted Lands....
    Clearly Alliance bias.

besides the shat portal in org, the NPC next to it teleports u to hellfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    100% this. That first moment you step into Outland through the Dark Portal was one of the special moments in the game, then in WoD they made it so you couldn't step back through it on the Outland side and now you don't use it at all.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem? You simply talk with the mage NPC inside the mage tower that teleports you to blasted lands...

Outlands?

What is this Mortal Kombat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    What's the problem? You simply talk with the mage NPC inside the mage tower that teleports you to blasted lands...
    The problem is you cannot go through the portal once there, you have to take the portal to Shattrah and fly/ walk to hellfire peninsula.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that something as iconic to the franchise such as the Dark Portal is just... there, collecting (red, I assume) dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Or you know, travel there like in the old days? Takes ten mins Max.....
    traveling there "like the old days" IS going through the dark portal...of which he has a problem doing, moron lol
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!