Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Prices are coming down, they're way cheaper than a year ago.
    That said, used is an option as long as you can check it works before you buy, and get the receipt
    Buying on eBay and paying with PayPal is pretty safe for the buyer.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draconicman View Post
    My old card was a GTX 560, but one of the capacitors on it blew out so now I need a new card. I’m also wondering if I should upgrade other parts of my computer while I’m at it. I have a strict $800 budget and I’d like to spend even less if possible. I mostly just play WoW and browse the web.

Here’s my system overview:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 [OEM]

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz

RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B75M-D3V (Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz)

Graphics: HP 2511 (1920x1080)
    Intel Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Gigabyte) [I removed the video card and am using onboard graphics in the mean time]

Storage: 931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 ATA Device

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

A few more things: the power supply I have is 650 watts. I don't need a new case, hard drive, or peripherals. Also, I really don’t want to “upgrade” to Windows 10 if I can help it. The more I hear about it, the more I want to avoid it.
    Microsoft ends Win 7 support on January 14, 2020. You WILL have to upgrade sooner or later. You do not want a PC with internet access to have Win 7 after that date.
    Windows 10 is fine, many pros and the only major cons is the 100% disk usage bug and the poor method of auto updates. 1809 is now stable so if you install that version you will be ok.

With your PC I would not drop any major coin but grab a 580 8gb as mentioned earlier for $200. Plan on getting a new PC within a year and budget for $1000+ on that build.

If it were me I would not do anything major to your current rig. Modest card with lots of VRAM should suit you fine. My son runs a 470 and it handles everything he plays just fine so a 580 should be perfect.
    I personally only run Nvidia in my PCs but if I was anticipating doing another build in the near future and wanted some extra horsepower in the GPU department till then than the 580 would be my choice at the $200 price point I have been seeing.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8gb&Submit=ENE
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Microsoft ends Win 7 support on January 14, 2020. You WILL have to upgrade sooner or later. You do not want a PC with internet access to have Win 7 after that date.
    Windows 10 is fine, many pros and the only major cons is the 100% disk usage bug and the poor method of auto updates. 1809 is now stable so if you install that version you will be ok.

With your PC I would not drop any major coin but grab a 580 8gb as mentioned earlier for $200. Plan on getting a new PC within a year and budget for $1000+ on that build.

If it were me I would not do anything major to your current rig. Modest card with lots of VRAM should suit you fine. My son runs a 470 and it handles everything he plays just fine so a 580 should be perfect.
    I personally only run Nvidia in my PCs but if I was anticipating doing another build in the near future and wanted some extra horsepower in the GPU department till then than the 580 would be my choice at the $200 price point I have been seeing.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8gb&Submit=ENE
    I don't believe the Microsoft scare... as long as you have a good anti-virus program and a firewall you will be safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I don't believe the Microsoft scare... as long as you have a good anti-virus program and a firewall you will be safe.
    Why not just use Win XP then? I mean it only needs 256mb of RAM. Runs like a beast on modern PCs...

See where I am getting?
    You can drive a car with your feet if you want to, but it doesn't make it a good idea.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Why not just use Win XP then? I mean it only needs 256mb of RAM. Runs like a beast on modern PCs...

See where I am getting?
    You can drive a car with your feet if you want to, but it doesn't make it a good idea.
    Most modern games doesn't run on Windows XP and when games stops running on Windows 7 is the day that I am done with PC gaming in general and switches over to the latest game console.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird stance to take, but more power to ya.
    I just don't want that Windows 10 shite in my computer.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. Check this, definitely a good card for a gaming PC.