Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[SPECULATION] Blizzard PAX East Leaks

So Blizzard is going to PAX. What can we expect from them?

Here is what has been confirmed through various sources:

- Classic release date announcement, Classic demo from BlizzCon playable on game floor
    - 8.2 Mechagon and Nazjatar zone reveal and PTR playable on game floor
    - Announcement that they have not decided to port Diablo: Immortal to PC
    - Warcraft 3: Reforged map reveals with demo announcement
    - No Overwatch, HotS or Starcraft floor presence outside of logos/devs/panel

Also, Thursday is gonna be huge for Diablo fans.

That is all I can say for now.

Bookmark this page and come back in one week. You'll see I was correct. <3
    Last edited by Azshara; 2022-03-22 at 12:33 PM. Reason: extra clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Azshara View Post
    So Blizzard is going to PAX. What can we expect from them?

Here is what has been confirmed through various sources:

- Classic release date announcement, Classic demo from BlizzCon playable on game floor
    - 8.2 PTR announcement and PTR playable on game floor
    - Announcement that they decided to port Diablo: Immortal to PC
    - Warcraft 3: Reforged map reveals with demo
    - No Overwatch or Starcraft presence outside of logos/devs

Also, Thursday is gonna be huge for Diablo fans.

That is all I can say for now.

Bookmark this page and come back in one week. You'll see I was correct. <3
    The only thing that sounds plausible is the classic release date announcement. The rest makes absolutely no sense.

I can say this is 95% correct based on the info.

The only things that may change are minor details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    The only thing that sounds plausible is the classic release date announcement. The rest makes absolutely no sense.
    the diablo port would make a lot of sense after the hate

no one fucking need mobile port for pc. we need real diablo for pc with no chinese company involved

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    no one fucking need mobile port for pc. we need real diablo for pc with no chinese company involved
    Oh I 100% agree.

But this port announcement is just a drop in the bucket compared to what happens this coming Thursday for Diablo fans. Keep your eyes peeled.

I can see the Diablo PC port being a thing since they definitely didn't expect that much of a backlash (which is really naive if past mobile announcements are anything to go by, just look at Command an Conquer only a few months earlier). I still wouldn't play it because it's still going to be full of microtransactions (and especially since it's NetEase), but I wouldn't put it past them as some form of appeasement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Besides the diablo immortal port all of these things are to be expected even without insider info...

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    the diablo port would make a lot of sense after the hate
    I thought that as well at first, but then I thought more in line of the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Besides the diablo immortal port all of these things are to be expected even without insider info...
    Absolutely.

PAX East is kinda small for Blizzard, but the Immortal port is pretty big as well as the Classic release date. And the "secret" for Diablo fans that is coming on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Um, the rest is kind of useless information, why would we need to know when the 8.2 PTR comes? It's a PTR, not when the actual patch comes. WC3 map reveals? Seems like pointless information again.

I thought that as well at first, but then I thought more in line of the quote below.
    Pretty much, Diablo fans want a Diablo game, not a chinese rip off Diablo that was reskinned with Diablo skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

PAX East is kinda small for Blizzard, but the Immortal port is pretty big as well as the Classic release date. And the "secret" for Diablo fans that is coming on Thursday.
    Oh just say it’s a Diablo 4 announcement. We know they’re working on it.

Um, the rest is kind of useless information, why would we need to know when the 8.2 PTR comes? It's a PTR, not when the actual patch comes. WC3 map reveals? Seems like pointless information again.
    From what I know, and I have little to go on at this point, the 8.2 PTR will be going up during PAX after they show off the 2 new zones, Mechagon and Nazjatar.

Don't care

BORDERLANDS 3 HYPE!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I don't see the diablo port as very plausible. For one, games designed for phone tend to have a lot of limitations that PC doesn't, leading to a game that would feel very sub-par to the pc experience, and it would also be "admitting defeat" which is something that blizzard doesn't have a good track record with lately.

From what I know, and I have little to go on at this point, the 8.2 PTR will be going up during PAX after they show off the 2 new zones, Mechagon and Nazjatar.
    Sure, they might throw stuff like that in with some other major info, but your list makes it sound like those would be the major announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't see the diablo port as very plausible. For one, games designed for phone tend to have a lot of limitations that PC doesn't, leading to a game that would feel very sub-par to the pc experience, and it would also be "admitting defeat" which is something that blizzard doesn't have a good track record with lately.
    AT BlizzCon, despite the Immortal devs saying there is no plan for it on PC, there were laptops running Immortal in the dev area behind the Diablo area in the back hall.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, they might throw stuff like that in with some other major info, but your list makes it sound like those would be the major announcements.
    I'd argue that for those few that still play BfA, it would be major to them. Hence why I made it separate.

AT BlizzCon, despite the Immortal devs saying there is no plan for it on PC, there were laptops running Immortal in the dev area behind the Diablo area in the back hall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue that for those few that still play BfA, it would be major to them. Hence why I made it separate.
    A PTR announcement is nothing major because it doesn't actually say much at all. Either way your list is not accurate considering there's "The State of Overwatch and Overwatch League in 2019" in the schedule, which makes your last point false and probably most of the rest as well.

Absolutely.

So we will see on Thursday if you aren't lying. I don't believe you, but I will check that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.