Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you had to choose...

Which race from the Alliance would you give to the Horde and vice versa?

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

5+ Year Old Account
    Alliance to Horde = NEs. They hace much more in common with Orcs and Taurens than with anything in the Alliance.

Horde to Alliance = BEs. While Garithos was certainly a racist prick, it's quite head-scratching that the Alliance didn't do ANYTHING after that to try to convince BEs to remain in the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Would be easier to choose from Horde to Alliance, Tauren or generally, all blood elves this time. From Alliance to Horde, though, well - void elves if we live by acceptance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All Elves should be in the Alliance.

The Horde can have Dark Irons.

I'd give night elves because I want to play a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Alliance to Horde = NEs. They hace much more in common with Orcs and Taurens than with anything in the Alliance.
    Haha what, like the orcs slaughtering them and their demigod?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Horde to Alliance = BEs. While Garithos was certainly a racist prick, it's quite head-scratching that the Alliance didn't do ANYTHING after that to try to convince BEs to remain in the Alliance.
    There were talks between the BE and the Alliance, actually. They fell through after the bell-stealing business in Dalaran IIRC.

NEs probably aren't to keen on Horde at this point. Especially Orcs and their tree destroying habits.

I have no idea how someone could possibly think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    As for the Tauren it sorta makes sense because of the Cenarion Circle, but then again they're also enemies in Feralas, Desolace and Stonetalon Mountains... as for the Orcs, yeah that's stupid. They have literally nothing in common with them + the orcs have destroyed huge parts of Ashenvale and they've always been at war with each other (with and without being members of the Alliance).

I feel someone hasn't actually bothered to play any of the game's major storylines. Paid boosts maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Utter nonsense. Just Nelf and Tauren druids cooperate at times, but that doesn't make their societies even remotely similar.

As for the Orcs... seriously? Those savage, barbaric brutes who have constantly ravaged their forests, murdered and raped thousands of night elves, literally nuked a school full of children in Stonetalon, and more than eagerly helped their warchiefs commit genocide time and again?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    NEs probably aren't to keen on Horde at this point. Especially Orcs and their tree destroying habits.
    Probably not, but it's not like dwarves and gnomes care a lot about trees either. And in all honesty, it's only the Hellscreams who have laid waste to the forest. The rest of the orc society used to be a quite shamanistic, nature-oriented one.

Orcs are fierce, militant warriors, and the priesthood (shamans and warlocks, in their case) is quite prominent among them. Taurens are hippy-like nature lovers, just like NEs. Hell, back in the old days they were the only Horde race that could roll Druid, mirroring NEs in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Haha what, like the orcs slaughtering them and their demigod?
    Well, some stupid ass NE priestess was key in spreading the curse among Gilneans and yet Worgen are very loyal to the Alliance, NEs included. BEs massacred loads of trolls back in the day, and here they are. VEs were slaughtering Allies left and right until very recently, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    I feel someone hasn't actually bothered to play any of the game's major storylines. Paid boosts maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Utter nonsense. Just Nelf and Tauren druids cooperate at times, but that doesn't make their societies even remotely similar.

As for the Orcs... seriously? Those savage, barbaric brutes who have constantly ravaged their forests, murdered and raped thousands of night elves, literally nuked a school full of children in Stonetalon, and more than eagerly helped their warchiefs commit genocide time and again?
    I should have made clear that I was thinking on a more Vanilla-oriented mindset, before Blizz went full retard from Cata onwards with OMG HURDE Z EVUL NAO ZOMG BEWARE.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-03-23 at 04:56 PM.

I should have made clear that I was thinking on a more Vanilla-oriented mindset, before Blizz went full retard from Cata onwards with OMG HURDE Z EVUL NAO ZOMG BEWARE.
    I take it that you've never played any of the Warcraft 1-3 RTS games. The Orcs have always been douchebags with just a single honorable tribe, and even that got killed to extinction by the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Void Elves to the Horde
    Nightborne to the Alliance

I still believe neither of those races should be playable (Void Elves shouldn’t even exist), but at least they’d do less damage to faction identity being on the faction where their model originates from.

The whole Arcane Elf niche for the Horde was filled by Blood Elves. Nightborne are completely unnecessary and steal many story beats from the Blood Elves. (Wells, Addiction, Devolution into Withered/Wretched etc...).

Void Elves are lore abominations, but having physical embodiments of the Void on the Alliance while Lightforged are a thing is just nonsensical. Plus their model and customisation options are way too similar to Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-03-23 at 05:17 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren to the Alliance.

Can not thing of any to the Horde tho. Only I think the tauren, particularly the highmountain fit better with neither, of something, the Alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Tauren are the only races I would want on Alliance. Honestly it makes zero sense they're still on the horde at this point, along with half of the other races lol. But even then, the horde races are all la bunch of stuck up, only look out for myself, blindly follow anyone because of "honor" try hards.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    I take it that you've never played any of the Warcraft 1-3 RTS games. The Orcs have always been douchebags with just a single honorable tribe, and even that got killed to extinction by the rest.
    You take it wrong, as do most people assuming stuff in these boards Orcs were originally quite douchebaggy, yes, but later Thrall managed to bring them in line, and got them to cooperate even with humans - zomg the horror.

As a matter of fact, WC3 painted an interesting picture, where Grom the Old-Fashioned quarreled every now and then with Thrall the Modernizer. But guess who won? Early WoW orcs (and DS trolls, to a lesser extent) were an interesting bunch, who struggled between the savagery of ye olde ways and the restraint imposed by the new Warchief. Much better than this generic ORKS R EVUL MUAHAHAHA RAWR bs that we've been getting fed with since Cata.

10+ Year Old Account

Varian tried to get the Blood elves back in MoP when he entered into peace talks.....Tyrande got homicide and Jaina put the nail in the coffin afterwards with the purge of Dalaran. If Varian succeeded the blood elves would've came back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Void Elves to the Horde
    Nightborne to the Alliance

I still believe neither of those races should be playable (Void Elves shouldn’t even exist), but at least they’d do less damage to faction identity being on the faction where their model originates from.

The whole Arcane Elf niche for the Horde was filled by Blood Elves. Nightborne are completely unnecessary and steal many story beats from the Blood Elves. (Wells, Addiction, Devolution into Withered/Wretched etc...).

Void Elves are lore abominations, but having physical embodiments of the Void on the Alliance while Lightforged are a thing is just nonsensical. Plus their model and customisation options are way too similar to Blood Elves.
    ^Just give Tyrande a muzzle and things would go so better for everyone.

blood elves to alliance. can keep all their races too.

As a Horde I'd welcome both worgen and dark iron dwarves. As Alliance I'd probably pick blood elves (who arguably should have been Alliance since the beginning) and nightborne would obviously follow aswell.

Probably not, but it's not like dwarves and gnomes care a lot about trees either. And in all honesty, it's only the Hellscreams who have laid waste to the forest. The rest of the orc society used to be a quite shamanistic, nature-oriented one.
    They're just disinterested, not actively antagonistic to them, though. And there's still the rest of the Horde they aren't all that happy with either.