Poll: Should G'huun and Jaina dropped higher ilvl loot?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Loot from the last boss doesn't matter because after defeating it you have beaten the game and don't need more gear. I believe there should be more focus on other types of rewards like cosmetics, mounts and titles.

An idea I've always liked is getting an item you infuse your character with to make it more powerful. It doesn't need to be so powerful that it makes it completely mandatory to have killed the boss, but still enough to give an edge going into the next raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Loot from the last boss doesn't matter because after defeating it you have beaten the game and don't need more gear. I believe there should be more focus on other types of rewards like cosmetics, mounts and titles.

An idea I've always liked is getting an item you infuse your character with to make it more powerful. It doesn't need to be so powerful that it makes it completely mandatory to have killed the boss, but still enough to give an edge going into the next raid tier.
    Thats exactly what getting the gear off the last boss is for...

So what? You dont like Blizzards or any other developers way of preparing you for the next tier and instead favor your own idea that does the same thing?

since ghuun was such a cencerous wipe that even method stopped doing it after their 2nd kill, id say yes, and while jaina isnt such cancer as ghuun, id still say buff the base ilvl by 5

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Thats exactly what getting the gear off the last boss is for...

So what? You dont like Blizzards or any other developers way of preparing you for the next tier and instead favor your own idea that does the same thing?
    There's rarely any items from the last boss that are that amazing. With WF/TF it doesn't even matter if they would be. The idea I mentioned could be something that makes your character stronger in PvE than everyone else who hasn't killed the boss. Farming the last boss to get slight upgrades that you will replace in M+ or first heroic week next tier is extremely boring and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Loot from the last boss doesn't matter because after defeating it you have beaten the game and don't need more gear
    Helps for rekills at least, which can be not that easy (like especially with Archi, Argus, and Jaina before they nerfed their hp) to help others get their mounts and CEs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Helps for rekills at least, which can be not that easy (like especially with Archi, Argus, and Jaina before they nerfed their hp) to help others get their mounts and CEs.
    It does, sure. However to me it feels like the people who would not want to farm for people to get their mounts/achis wouldn't care much for upgrades once they've cleared the content. With that said I'm not a big fan of the idea of one guy getting a mount per kill either.

All in all I'd like new type of rewards for killing the last boss on the hardest difficulty. The "Famed" title is cute but I want something fresh. I'm just raiding to kill all bosses and the loot I get on the way is a means to help me do so.

The Red Argus Scythe was cool, for those that could use it. Low enough drop rate though that you might never see it

Interestingly enough, this pet was mythic only this tier https://www.wowhead.com/item=165848/spawn-of-kragwa though I wondered if that was a mistake or something. I assume most just end up putting it on the AH for a 100k.

In terms of helping other people getting mounts, I'm in the "help everyone get a mount" boat (and I think most mythic guilds are too?). There are some CE guilds that might be able to say, alright, were done till next tier, but generally you have to keep raiding to sustain the quality of guild, otherwise the people that actually like to raid every non-holiday/vacation week of the year are just going to go elsewhere. So the extra gear for reclears is nice, but sure they could do more. Also a shame there's no skip in BoD raids, which will impact farming in future tiers. Guldan skip was great.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-14 at 03:40 AM.

G'huun was not worthy killing him because of his loot table was so terrible. At least if he had dropped higher ilvl loot, things would have been changed.

Could just be standard titanforged

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's a problem when Method, which killed Jaina twice in two days second week of release, just decided it's not worth it to kill her anymore. They're doing 5 split raids 8/9 every week instead.

Limit was doing something similar but finally started killing Jaina last week.
    With TF of gear even if Jaina's loot table was bumped up it wouldn't be worth it for the entire group. G'huun's loot was so shitty mixed with the difficulty of the fight they didn't go back to fight him again for 9 weeks.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't see anything good about mythic bosses dropping better gear than heroic bosses.
    hmmm .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    hmmm .
    Nice misquote. Heroic Jaina is a far more difficult encounter than mythic Champion of the Light, and it should be reflected in the gear.

loot has to be uniform across all classes if it were higher ilvl, ex: Jaina doesnt drop anything useful to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    loot has to be uniform across all classes if it were higher ilvl, ex: Jaina doesnt drop anything useful to me at all.
    Back when end bosses dropped higher ilvl loot, they made an effort to make sure it was something every class wanted. Simply putting a higher ilvl weapon on the end boss would make a world of difference because weapons are the hardest to get at high ilvl.

I really liked the class trinkets from Archimonde personally, and they could shift some of the power into a "does this thing extra in the raid zone" if balance is an issue, like the cloak+ring bonus. It'd be an opportunity to add a sort of tier bonus sort of class mechanic back.

The Vanquished Tendril of G'huun and Tidestorm Codex ended up being the worst raid trinkets in their respective zones for casters. The G'huun trinket doesn't really scale at all so it ended up as one of the worst trinkets in the game, and stayed that way without an adjustment. Makes me think it was more for flavor like the other old god tendril trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I really liked the class trinkets from Archimonde personally, and they could shift some of the power into a "does this thing extra in the raid zone" if balance is an issue, like the cloak+ring bonus.
    They kind of did that with the Uldir Azerite traits didn't they?

Makes me think it was more for flavor like the other old god tendril trinkets.
    Annoyingly it's not an 'on use' like all the others were, so you can't even have fun summoning it in town.

TBH the main problem with G'huun and Jaina is mainly that they require very specific setups for the strategy generally used, so it is hard to have a "perfect setup" if you are doing 4-5 splits. For the very best guilds in the world, having 5x8= 40 bosses is better than having 2-3*9= 18-27 bosses. The more you repeat a boss, the more likely you will get insane titanforgeds and be better prepared for future content; while also mantaining a very good class pool for possible future class stacking.

On the other hand "normal" guilds that doesn't push that hard, can kill G'huun or Jaina at least 2x every week if all raiders have a 3 alts pool and they are mantaining them properly (treating them as they were mains).

That said, 5-10 ilvls better rewards on last bosses should help this problem for top guilds, as it's basically free warranted warforged procs. Every other guild will continue doing the same.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-03-24 at 03:48 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They kind of did that with the Uldir Azerite traits didn't they?
    Only in Uldir, where Reorigination Array made having at least one raid trait mandatory and it was a huge boost. Current raid traits are good, but not leagues above everything else - especially the stacking Bwomsandi buff, which is actually pretty weak.

If anything, cloak + ring combo is a better example, since back armor is generally pretty weak stat wise and extra 150 primary counts for a lot of ilvls.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-03-24 at 12:36 PM.

Reorigination Array was a good nerfing mechanism, and could have made a return for BoD. Its unrelated to making the last boss more appealing though.

I think Archimonde-like trinkets for each raid zone could work for just spicing things each up each tier. They wouldn't be as good outside of the raid, but still usable. Outliers could be nerfed upon the release of the next raid if they're still somehow BiS in a later tier without the corresponding raid zone bonus. Not really counting a 2 boss raid like Crucible though.

That and/or just the increased ilvl thing
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-24 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, why not, especially considering Mythic Jaina is head and shoulders above everything else in BoD.