Poll: Are they the same?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    No, they are not the same.

The right when it comes to climate change.

The nuts on the right when it comes to climate change.

What the left says backed up by science.

https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/
    So what's the policy proposal from the left here?

My guess is it's to be a really unpopular tax that makes life harder for normal people. Wouldn't be surprised if protests get it rolled back.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-03-24 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Only if one is a pansy ass fence sitter who thinks we all need to go back to pretending to be ok with whatever friend or swell person they believe is a misunderstood racist, sexist, or homophobic peace of shit, and that tolerance means allowing those who advocate killing the above to scream that bullshit unchecked anywhere, and everywhere and act accordingly.

When grown men who fancy themselves fucking alpha males or vikings because they watched one too many marvel films, unless it's THOSE marvel films, decided to wine and cry about oppression and dangerous elements of society dressed in black and bike locks who are gender confused, skinny jean wearing, latte drinking communist, are gun touting, beer gut swilling, neck beards who think they are owed sex from the females, and LaRP military bullshit, Then no both sides aren't the same in their supporters.

As for the leaderships, no People that actually know what they are talking about on the left, who don't feel the need to hold hands and tell people what to believe or pretend to be nice which isn't the same as being (PC) which in general means being mindful of other cultures and perspective, vs froth mouthed hypocrites and white supremacist, who lay into charge language hatred and self important exceptionalism such as Trump, nope again the answer is nope.

Now the fense sitting opportunist, who spend most of their time worrying about what the latest is on Kim Kardashian so they know what to hate her for, and deciding with a bunch of hipsters what would really be cool to show their support for now as long as they can look like their doing something on the backs of anyone else unless they are actually serious about their cause as opposed to an image or label. Yeah

These idiots mass exiting Starbucks to Flood Gander Mountain to annoy anyone with a brain on any side, Yeah, they are all the same, which is why I'm am extremist ok with these people being exposed as the parasites they are, who don't vote, who don't think and really aren't as in the middle or reflective as some think. Yeah there is Nothing NEW or DEEP with so called centrist and there never has been.
    You are basically saying that everyone that does not agree with you or your side is not only wrong, but you are making them out as some caricature that turns out to be less than a human being. All while complaining that these people aren't mindful of others' perspectives and cultures and accusing them of hateful language and hypocrisy.

I think you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. People aren't all so one dimensional that everyone should be viewed in an us vs. them mentality, simply for not agreeing with your political views. When people notice your conduct, can you really blame them for not wanting to associate with either party?

The US may need to encourage more viable parties in their elections in order to curb the animosity between citizens and to promote more alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No, the right preserves institutions and the left undermines them.
    Yeah, like the FBI or EPA. Oh, wait.... Are we now pretending like the right hasn't spent the last three decades undermining government institutions?

No, one of them is on the right side of history while the other one is literally comic villain level of pure evil.
    But I won't say which one is which.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    So what's the policy proposal from the left here?

My guess is it's to be a really unpopular tax that makes life harder for normal people. Wouldn't be surprised if protests get it rolled back.
    A unpopular tax would be bettering then just ignoring it so that would still be a good step.

Yeah, pretty much. The "left" establishment is right wing. The GOP are right wing. The only leftists are the Justice Democrats like AOC, Gabbard, Sanders. AND in most the developed world, they would be considered center-left.

If you use the alt-right/"woke" independent brand of extreme reduction; then yes, both sides are the same.

The jaywalker is a criminal just like the murderer-rapist-robber is.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I was gonna answer the topic title seriously but the further I read into the opening post the more I realised how weak of a troll it is.

Thanks for saving me the time and effort, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    why did you really make this thread OP?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-03-24 at 07:12 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    I see this often said by centrists. Are they honestly really wrong though? The far right has their extremists (alt-right) and the far left has theirs (alt-left). Both of them have their racist movements that are about inciting violence (BLM vs White Supremacists). And both have their outlets of fake news (Fox News vs CNN). I wouldn't call myself necessarily right wing (I prefer being a Skeptic), but when you look at the thousands of videos of violence against people for simply wearing red hats it's starting to become disingenuous to say that only the right wing calls for violence.

Hell, it's even difficult to call the left wing 'the party of science' since they support ridiculous notions that there are thousands of genders for example. If anything, the left seems to be creating further division disguised as fighting for equality.
    Just to clarify a few things you seem to be confused on:
    - The left and right both have their extremists. There however, is no such thing as "the alt-left".
    - Fox News and CNN are not even remotely similar when it comes to "fake news", unless you also consider 9 and 3 on a scale of 10 to be the same thing on the basis of them both being numbers.
    - Finally, the idea that "centrists" say a thing is rather stupid, considering that if you actually looked at the current American Political Spectrum, the GOP is well off in Right field, and the Democrats (who most people constantly refer to as "the left") are actually usually sitting so close to the centre line they might as well be straddling it. Other than a few hard core True Leftists, you don't really actually HAVE a Left party, you just have a Very Right Wing one and a Mostly in the Centre with some left leanings one.

Who would you rather have to deal with? Nazi skinheads, white supremacists, survivalists, militia's or Antifa, social justice warriors, and BLM?

I will say this.

There are policies on the right I support, and policies on the left I support. I vote on issues and politicians who represent my values. The difference here being that the Left wing activists will yell in my face, throw shit at me, and call me a gender/race traitor (I'm half Native American and half Irish female) While right wing activists will sit down and ask me to have a beer with them.

I vote with who will represent things I want for the country, aka Lowering Pollution, Protecting Free Speech, etc

No one side represents the values I hold dear so I vote based on who is closest to those values. Sometimes its a Democrat, sometimes its a Republican.

I shared my views on twitter and seriously a few left wing extremists told me that they hoped I get raped and left for dead for exposing such HEINOUS opinions that maybe instead of basing Affirmative action based on Skin color to instead base it upon Class and income. The poor and disenfranchised are who we should be helping to get back on their feet.

But despite all the shit I gotten over the years, I am still mostly left wing on my views on things. I just happen to hold some conservative views as well. I am not 100% in 1 camp or the other, but apparently that makes me a terrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Who would you rather have to deal with? Nazi skinheads, white supremacists, survivalists, militia's or Antifa, social justice warriors, and BLM?
    The far left has lots of violent murderers in America, mostly in urban centers like Chicago. These areas eternally vote democrat and see massive crime waves and extremely high homicide rates. Admittedly, the press rarely reports on the 1000 people shot and killed annually in Chicago, so you'd be excused for not even thinking of it. But these groups are hardcore democrats.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I can be bought and sold, i will vote for the party that will give me universal healthcare and then once that is done i will go down the list of my priorities. Its that simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The far left has lots of violent murderers in America, mostly in urban centers like Chicago. These areas eternally vote democrat and see massive crime waves and extremely high homicide rates. Admittedly, the press rarely reports on the 1000 people shot and killed annually in Chicago, so you'd be excused for not even thinking of it. But these groups are hardcore democrats.
    At some point you will have to provide evidence for your claims if you don't want people to think them outrageous nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    I will say this.

There are policies on the right I support, and policies on the left I support. I vote on issues and politicians who represent my values. The difference here being that the Left wing activists will yell in my face, throw shit at me, and call me a gender/race traitor (I'm half Native American and half Irish female) While right wing activists will sit down and ask me to have a beer with them.

I vote with who will represent things I want for the country, aka Lowering Pollution, Protecting Free Speech, etc

No one side represents the values I hold dear so I vote based on who is closest to those values. Sometimes its a Democrat, sometimes its a Republican.

I shared my views on twitter and seriously a few left wing extremists told me that they hoped I get raped and left for dead for exposing such HEINOUS opinions that maybe instead of basing Affirmative action based on Skin color to instead base it upon Class and income. The poor and disenfranchised are who we should be helping to get back on their feet.

But despite all the shit I gotten over the years, I am still mostly left wing on my views on things. I just happen to hold some conservative views as well. I am not 100% in 1 camp or the other, but apparently that makes me a terrible person.
    In the Soviet Union, the Lenin / Stalin types promised food, shelter and a better life to all if they adopted communism. Once they took power, the first thing they did was a series of purges. Anyone who joined the communist party out of opportunism was killed or sent to a labor camp. Anyone who joined but didn't adopt 100% of the party platform was killed or sent to a labor camp. They had taken control and the next step was purity control.

Had you lived in those times, you would have supported the revolution and then once it was successful, you'd have probably been taken back out behind the garage and shot in the head.

When you experience people on the left attacking you for not being 100% true to party, that is where it is coming from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-03-24 at 07:18 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

yes and no.

they're the same in that they want power, and do dirty shit to get it.

ideologically, they're different.

both sides have good and bad things. i wish we could take all the good from both parties, get rid of all the bad, and mesh them together.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "Oh no it might cost me a few extra dollars in taxes a month to ensure there is a planet for my children, the horror!"

I hate how simple most people are.
    Not simple; selfish and abhorrent.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe there are assholes on both sides and people are far to complex to just be put into one group or the other. Maybe it has nothing to do with the "left" or "right" and having extremist views in anything is bad. Maybe we stop with all this "Us, not them. Them, not us." finger pointing and try to actually solve problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I doubt most of the murderers in Chicago are regular voters.