Poll: Are they the same?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Instead of focusing on some nebulous personalities on either side that we may approve or disapprove of why not just look at the voting records.

House Vote for Net Neutrality 2011

For/ Against
    Rep 2/ 234
    Dem 177/ 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality 2011

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 46
    Dem 52/ 0

Money in Elections and Voting

Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 39
    Dem 59/ 0

DISCLOSE Act

For Against
    Rep 0/ 45
    Dem 53/ 0

Backup Paper Ballots - Voting Record

For/ Against
    Rep 20/ 170
    Dem 228/ 0

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

For/ Against
    Rep 8/ 38
    Dem 51/ 3

Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections (Reverse Citizens United)

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 42
    Dem 54/ 0

The Economy/Jobs

Limits Interest Rates for Certain Federal Student Loans

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 46
    Dem 46/ 6

Student Loan Affordability Act

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 51
    Dem 45/ 1

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Funding Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 54/ 0

End the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection

For/ Against
    Rep 39/ 1
    Dem 1/ 54

Kill Credit Default Swap Regulations

For/ Against
    Rep 38/ 2
    Dem 18/ 36

Revokes tax credits for businesses that move jobs overseas

For/ Against
    Rep 10/ 32
    Dem 53/ 1

Disapproval of President's Authority to Raise the Debt Limit

For/ Against
    Rep 233/ 1
    Dem 6/ 175

For/ Against
    Rep 42/ 1
    Dem 2/ 51

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 173
    Dem 247/ 4

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 36
    Dem 57/ 0

Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Bureau Act

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 39
    Dem 55/ 2

American Jobs Act of 2011 - $50 billion for infrastructure projects

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 48
    Dem 50/ 2

Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 44
    Dem 54/ 1

Reduces Funding for Food Stamps

For/ Against
    Rep 33/ 13
    Dem 0/ 52

Minimum Wage Fairness Act

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 53/ 1

Paycheck Fairness Act

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 40
    Dem 58/ 1

"War on Terror"

Time Between Troop Deployments

For/ Against
    Rep 6/ 43
    Dem 50/ 1

Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

For/ Against
    Rep 5/ 42
    Dem 50/ 0

Habeas Review Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 50
    Dem 45/ 1

Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

For/ Against
    Rep 5/ 42
    Dem 39/ 12

Authorizes Further Detention After Trial During Wartime

For/ Against
    Rep 38/ 2
    Dem 9/ 49

Prohibits Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts

For/ Against
    Rep 46/ 2
    Dem 1/ 49

Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

For/ Against
    Rep 15/ 214
    Dem 176/ 16

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 52
    Dem 45/ 1

Patriot Act Reauthorization

For/ Against
    Rep 196/ 31
    Dem 54/ 122

FISA Act Reauthorization of 2008

For/ Against
    Rep 188/ 1
    Dem 105/ 128

FISA Reauthorization of 2012

For/ Against
    Rep 227/ 7
    Dem 74/ 111

House Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For/ Against
    Rep 2/ 228
    Dem 172/ 21

Senate Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 32
    Dem 52/ 3

Prohibits the Use of Funds for the Transfer or Release of Individuals Detained at Guantanamo

For/ Against
    Rep 44/ 0
    Dem 9/ 41

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 52
    Dem 45/ 1

Civil Rights

Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

For/ Against
    Rep 6/ 47
    Dem 42/ 2

Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 54/ 0

Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

For/ Against
    Rep 41/ 3
    Dem 2/ 52

Family Planning

Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 50
    Dem 44/ 1

Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 51
    Dem 44/ 1

Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 42
    Dem 53/ 1

Environment

Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

For/ Against
    Rep 214/ 13
    Dem 19/ 162

EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2013

For/ Against
    Rep 225/ 1
    Dem 4/ 190

Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

For/ Against
    Rep 218/ 2
    Dem 4/ 186

Misc

Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

For/ Against
    Rep 45/ 0
    Dem 0/ 52

Prohibiting Federal Funding of National Public Radio

For/ Against
    Rep 228/ 7
    Dem 0/ 185

Allow employers to penalize employees that don't submit genetic testing for health insurance (Committee vote)

For/ Against
    Rep 22/ 0
    Dem 0/ 17

No. Both sides are not the same. They have wildly different priorities.
    Last edited by Adp; 2019-03-24 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Or maybe there are assholes on both sides and people are far to complex to just be put into one group or the other. Maybe it has nothing to do with the "left" or "right" and having extremist views in anything is bad. Maybe we stop with all this "Us, not them. Them, not us." finger pointing and try to actually solve problems.
    There is no unifying theme anymore. Brainwashing has resulted in people believing that patriotism is bad, religion has (rightfully) lost most of its teeth, and the media needs sensationalism to keep the lights on so they constantly peddle divisive drivel that they blow all out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There is no unifying theme anymore. Brainwashing has resulted in people believing that patriotism is bad, religion has (rightfully) lost most of its teeth, and the media needs sensationalism to keep the lights on so they constantly peddle divisive drivel that they blow all out of proportion.
    Actually no. The problem there is that people have been conditioned into thinking that Nationalism and Jingoism is the same thing as proper Patriotism and they are not.
    So it is more of a case of Nationalists giving actual Patriots a bad name, rather than "Patriotism bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    You are basically saying that everyone that does not agree with you or your side is not only wrong, but you are making them out as some caricature that turns out to be less than a human being. All while complaining that these people aren't mindful of others' perspectives and cultures and accusing them of hateful language and hypocrisy.

I think you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. People aren't all so one dimensional that everyone should be viewed in an us vs. them mentality, simply for not agreeing with your political views. When people notice your conduct, can you really blame them for not wanting to associate with either party?

The US may need to encourage more viable parties in their elections in order to curb the animosity between citizens and to promote more alternatives.
    This is simply none sense posed as argument. You disagree with my opinion fine. But I’ve stated facts in context. You’re just preaching more of the same from a fence sitting opportunist perspective. Which I reject as nonsense v
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't exactly the same, but there is large amounts of bullshit on either of the far ends. Id say Right/Left people that are closer to the center are more alike than the further you go outwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't see them being the same. Not anymore. Couple of years a go, I might have answered them being more-or-less the same.

But the great experiment of having an orangutan as a president of a country made me quite a bit more interested in the politics of US, and I have to say, that both sides are most definitely not the same.

Right-wing, specifically the far-right, is just cancer in the US.
    Last edited by Santti; 2019-03-24 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The middle position is seldom right either mate.
    But yeah we live in crazy times of extremities on both sides but I will say the far left more so because of their termite like infiltration of schools, media, government and important areas of work environments. They were seen as outliers in the late 00's that had a small voice because of Tumblr where they eventually found a collective voice together. Then suddenly it was like we entered bizzaro world where those same people got full on into it 100% as a belief system and suddenly got jobs in offices such as HR workers and started putting their beliefs into practice. It really snowballed out of hand and before we know it they got jobs all throughout the media, started hiring each other because they were all in HR and in politics, they started banding together in the last handful of years as a voter base. None of this shit on either far side was rarely thought of, certainly not the terminologies or extremities of now, and what little of the crazyness there was, was all ignored anyway by everyone else.

I tell you what, I haven't had a job interview in well over 15 years and I run my own business. Because I just had to update my qualifications (so that an assistant minister could get her promotion to minister), I have found myself looking at both job adverts in my field and training places to update my diploma. Every single advert and related was a picture of a woman, in a field which is earth moving/construction/warehouse related. Not one bloke, all women. Every single training place and job advert I saw, when I looked at the companies address it was literal racism and discrimination of 'We encourage applications from those of a different cultural background and women'. I am not sure what they mean by culture since its Australia, Aboriginal maybe? But that would be acting naive, they mean anyone but white christian men of course. Text book racism and discrimination yet its pushed from the government and throughout the business and industries sectors.

This turned into a rant but its gotten me pretty pissed. We mistook sjw's as a joke yet here they are proving the great filter is real.
    Last edited by VanishingAct; 2019-03-24 at 10:25 AM.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    I see this often said by centrists. Are they honestly really wrong though? The far right has their extremists (alt-right) and the far left has theirs (alt-left). Both of them have their racist movements that are about inciting violence (BLM vs White Supremacists). And both have their outlets of fake news (Fox News vs CNN). I wouldn't call myself necessarily right wing (I prefer being a Skeptic), but when you look at the thousands of videos of violence against people for simply wearing red hats it's starting to become disingenuous to say that only the right wing calls for violence.

Hell, it's even difficult to call the left wing 'the party of science' since they support ridiculous notions that there are thousands of genders for example. If anything, the left seems to be creating further division disguised as fighting for equality.
    I am independent and I agree to a point.

I consider both parties the same, in as that, they both: are corrupt, lie, care about their own party before the country, use their position for personal gain (and to help their friends), are terrible leaders, borrow too much money from China, get us involved in endless (and pointless) wars and they both do their best to divide the country (and just hope that more votes fall on their side).

I consider the "care about their own party before the country" part to be treason (by the definition of treason).

I don't believe we can fix this country until we find a way to get rid of these insidious leeches.

That is why, no matter who wins- nothing ever seems to change.

That is because: you just can't have change by voting the same. It's an impossibility.

Every time you look at these corrupt politicians and just can't believe what is going on- just thank their enablers that put them back in office every Nov election!

Yes, they are the same as in they are both politicians who only have one goal: reelection.

However if we get passed the politicians being politicians part, no, they are different in almost every other aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I doubt most of the murderers in Chicago are regular voters.
    Those inner cities are eternally voting democrat. Republicans don't even come close to winning. And its all massively high in violent crime. Without those voters, the democrats would be severely hampered. They are core to their cause.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The far left has lots of violent murderers in America, mostly in urban centers like Chicago. These areas eternally vote democrat and see massive crime waves and extremely high homicide rates. Admittedly, the press rarely reports on the 1000 people shot and killed annually in Chicago, so you'd be excused for not even thinking of it. But these groups are hardcore democrats.
    Yeah, so many convicted felons and gangsters that are worried about voting. Are you fucking high>

- - - Updated - - -

Those inner cities are eternally voting democrat. Republicans don't even come close to winning. And its all massively high in violent crime. Without those voters, the democrats would be severely hampered. They are core to their cause.
    So, you are equating the Democrats to killers, gang members, and drug dealers? Also, those guys probably don't vote. Your ignorance should astound me, but it doesn't. You have been posting bullshit like this for almost 12 fucking years.

The far left has lots of violent murderers in America, mostly in urban centers like Chicago. These areas eternally vote democrat and see massive crime waves and extremely high homicide rates. Admittedly, the press rarely reports on the 1000 people shot and killed annually in Chicago, so you'd be excused for not even thinking of it. But these groups are hardcore democrats.
    None of those are politically motivated, so it's very dishonest to attribute them to the left, but you probably know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Instead of focusing on some nebulous personalities on either side that we may approve or disapprove of why not just look at the voting records.

House Vote for Net Neutrality 2011

For/ Against
    Rep 2/ 234
    Dem 177/ 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality 2011

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 46
    Dem 52/ 0

Money in Elections and Voting

Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 39
    Dem 59/ 0

DISCLOSE Act

For Against
    Rep 0/ 45
    Dem 53/ 0

Backup Paper Ballots - Voting Record

For/ Against
    Rep 20/ 170
    Dem 228/ 0

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

For/ Against
    Rep 8/ 38
    Dem 51/ 3

Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections (Reverse Citizens United)

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 42
    Dem 54/ 0

The Economy/Jobs

Limits Interest Rates for Certain Federal Student Loans

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 46
    Dem 46/ 6

Student Loan Affordability Act

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 51
    Dem 45/ 1

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Funding Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 54/ 0

End the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection

For/ Against
    Rep 39/ 1
    Dem 1/ 54

Kill Credit Default Swap Regulations

For/ Against
    Rep 38/ 2
    Dem 18/ 36

Revokes tax credits for businesses that move jobs overseas

For/ Against
    Rep 10/ 32
    Dem 53/ 1

For/ Against
    Rep 233/ 1
    Dem 6/ 175

For/ Against
    Rep 42/ 1
    Dem 2/ 51

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 173
    Dem 247/ 4

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 36
    Dem 57/ 0

Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Bureau Act

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 39
    Dem 55/ 2

American Jobs Act of 2011 - $50 billion for infrastructure projects

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 48
    Dem 50/ 2

Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 44
    Dem 54/ 1

Reduces Funding for Food Stamps

For/ Against
    Rep 33/ 13
    Dem 0/ 52

Minimum Wage Fairness Act

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 53/ 1

Paycheck Fairness Act

For/ Against
    Rep 0/ 40
    Dem 58/ 1

"War on Terror"

Time Between Troop Deployments

For/ Against
    Rep 6/ 43
    Dem 50/ 1

Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

For/ Against
    Rep 5/ 42
    Dem 50/ 0

Habeas Review Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 50
    Dem 45/ 1

Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

For/ Against
    Rep 5/ 42
    Dem 39/ 12

Authorizes Further Detention After Trial During Wartime

For/ Against
    Rep 38/ 2
    Dem 9/ 49

Prohibits Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts

For/ Against
    Rep 46/ 2
    Dem 1/ 49

Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

For/ Against
    Rep 15/ 214
    Dem 176/ 16

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 52
    Dem 45/ 1

Patriot Act Reauthorization

For/ Against
    Rep 196/ 31
    Dem 54/ 122

FISA Act Reauthorization of 2008

For/ Against
    Rep 188/ 1
    Dem 105/ 128

FISA Reauthorization of 2012

For/ Against
    Rep 227/ 7
    Dem 74/ 111

House Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For/ Against
    Rep 2/ 228
    Dem 172/ 21

Senate Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 32
    Dem 52/ 3

Prohibits the Use of Funds for the Transfer or Release of Individuals Detained at Guantanamo

For/ Against
    Rep 44/ 0
    Dem 9/ 41

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 52
    Dem 45/ 1

Civil Rights

Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

For/ Against
    Rep 6/ 47
    Dem 42/ 2

Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

For/ Against
    Rep 1/ 41
    Dem 54/ 0

Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

For/ Against
    Rep 41/ 3
    Dem 2/ 52

Family Planning

Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

For/ Against
    Rep 4/ 50
    Dem 44/ 1

Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 51
    Dem 44/ 1

Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

For/ Against
    Rep 3/ 42
    Dem 53/ 1

Environment

Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

For/ Against
    Rep 214/ 13
    Dem 19/ 162

EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2013

For/ Against
    Rep 225/ 1
    Dem 4/ 190

Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

For/ Against
    Rep 218/ 2
    Dem 4/ 186

Misc

Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

For/ Against
    Rep 45/ 0
    Dem 0/ 52

Prohibiting Federal Funding of National Public Radio

For/ Against
    Rep 228/ 7
    Dem 0/ 185

Allow employers to penalize employees that don't submit genetic testing for health insurance (Committee vote)

For/ Against
    Rep 22/ 0
    Dem 0/ 17

No. Both sides are not the same. They have wildly different priorities.
    This right here.

They aren't the same. One party for instance denies science and claims climate change doesn't even exist. How anyone in America can vote for such ignorance utterly baffles me. The left are not perfect but the right are far worse.

Looking in from the outside no but I think they share more then they like to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are basically saying that everyone that does not agree with you or your side is not only wrong, but you are making them out as some caricature that turns out to be less than a human being. All while complaining that these people aren't mindful of others' perspectives and cultures and accusing them of hateful language and hypocrisy.

I think you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. People aren't all so one dimensional that everyone should be viewed in an us vs. them mentality, simply for not agreeing with your political views. When people notice your conduct, can you really blame them for not wanting to associate with either party?

The US may need to encourage more viable parties in their elections in order to curb the animosity between citizens and to promote more alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is simply none sense posed as argument. You disagree with my opinion fine. But I’ve stated facts in context. You’re just preaching more of the same from a fence sitting opportunist perspective. Which I reject as nonsense v
    Really, you posted a lot of insults and misrepresentations and I'm the one talking nonsense?

You posted the following:
    Only if one is a pansy ass fence sitter who thinks we all need to go back to pretending to be ok with whatever friend or swell person they believe is a misunderstood racist, sexist, or homophobic peace of shit, and that tolerance means allowing those who advocate killing the above to scream that bullshit unchecked anywhere, and everywhere and act accordingly.

When grown men who fancy themselves fucking alpha males or vikings because they watched one too many marvel films, unless it's THOSE marvel films, decided to wine and cry about oppression and dangerous elements of society dressed in black and bike locks who are gender confused, skinny jean wearing, latte drinking communist, are gun touting, beer gut swilling, neck beards who think they are owed sex from the females, and LaRP military bullshit, Then no both sides aren't the same in their supporters.

As for the leaderships, no People that actually know what they are talking about on the left, who don't feel the need to hold hands and tell people what to believe or pretend to be nice which isn't the same as being (PC) which in general means being mindful of other cultures and perspective, vs froth mouthed hypocrites and white supremacist, who lay into charge language hatred and self important exceptionalism such as Trump, nope again the answer is nope.

Now the fense sitting opportunist, who spend most of their time worrying about what the latest is on Kim Kardashian so they know what to hate her for, and deciding with a bunch of hipsters what would really be cool to show their support for now as long as they can look like their doing something on the backs of anyone else unless they are actually serious about their cause as opposed to an image or label. Yeah

These idiots mass exiting Starbucks to Flood Gander Mountain to annoy anyone with a brain on any side, Yeah, they are all the same, which is why I'm am extremist ok with these people being exposed as the parasites they are, who don't vote, who don't think and really aren't as in the middle or reflective as some think. Yeah there is nothing NEW or DEEP with so called centrist and there never has been.

You start off by declaring anyone that doesn't agree believe that the two parties in the US are different is
    1) "a pansy ass fence sitter",
    2) thinks that we should all be happy to be associated with hateful individuals,
    3) thinks that tolerance means allowing others to spout hate speech.

You follow this up with hate speech of your own and creating ridiculous representations of those on the other side. They are basically
    1) meatheads who fantasize about being some sort of super bad ass due to being influenced by action movies,
    2) cry babies who complain about political correctness, their own confrontations with ANTIFA, communists and hipsters,
    3) are gun nuts, alcoholics, "neck beards" who feel entitled to sex from unwilling females, and fantasize about again being some sort of military hero bad ass.
    All of these on their own are fine for various parts of the target group and a fair criticism of many people. They are however not the majority of people and you are deliberately painting everyone with the same brush in order to make them look bad. You don't even want to differentiate between the ordinary people and the deplorable portions you described above, implying that they are all like that. Which is quite unreasonable and merely an attempt to ridicule the *whole* other side. From this it appears that you are quite hateful yourself, and also a hypocrite since you claim to be above hateful speech. You are an extremist who refuses to acknowledge that others may have quite complicated views of matters and instead breaks them down into stupid little boxes which you are allowed to hate.

Taking a page from your own book, it would be reasonable to paint everyone with the same broad brush and associate those on "your" side with your views and behaviour. They are thus hypocrites and hateful individuals, who seek to belittle others and have no tolerance for differing perspectives. One definitely doesn't call other people "pansies" or "neck beards" out of love or tolerance and you definitely don't imply they are stupid and look for various ways to insult them.
    You however don't care for their opinion and then you completely disregard everything they have to say. Similar to me disagreeing with you, and suddenly my opinion is wholesale nonsense. I don't even believe the same about your opinion, but whatever... haters gonna hate.

As for the political leadership part, I won't disagree here. Can't find much to like about them.

Then you return to those who do not feel inclined to associate with either party. Again starting with insults and misrepresentations. They're
    1) overly absorbed by trash TV and how they can complain about it,
    2) unprincipled and vapid, only doing things for attention or personal gain,
    3) idiots,
    Would you look at that... 4) "all the same",
    4) parasites,
    5) apparently don't vote or even think

You follow this by decrying how they are unoriginal and shallow

Again you're complaining about other people's conduct and perspectives while you are no more inclined to consider other points of view and instead choose to insult those that disagree with you. You are equally as shallow and hateful.

Also, I'd really like you to point out the "facts" you claim to have. All you have done is point fingers at others, complain about them being hateful or stupid and then act hateful yourself. And if others are bad people, that doesn't give you the right to be a bad person yourself. Finding bad behaviour unacceptable is in no way illogical or surprising to most people. It would be quite understandable to despise both murderers and thieves, despite there being a magnitude of difference in the levels of bad they are seen as having. So, why is it apparently wrong to dislike those that behave unacceptably even if less than someone else? You simply have no respect for the opinions of others, no matter how well thought out or shallow they may be simply because you don't agree with them. The ease at which you resort to reducing people into these little monsters you paint also shows that you have very little respect for individuals at all. Differences may be small, but they are meaningful and no one deserves any less respect.

At this point I feel it necessary to point out that I do recognise the difference in the conduct between the Republicans and the Democrats in the US. It would be naive to state that they are equally bad or even having equal levels of bad actors. This does not however imply that either party is exempt from criticism or that it would be wise to neglect the duty to vote. Given the choice between the two parties, I'd honestly pick the Democrats, despite the presence of a few hate mongering individuals that seek to dehumanise those that disagree with them. I actually don't believe that the entire party behaves like this the whole time. Or even most... just the loudest.

Your hypocrisy and hate is however unacceptable, and you'd do well to see the world in less "black and white" terms
    Last edited by Gadion; 2019-03-24 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, you posted a lot of insults and misrepresentations and I'm the one talking nonsense?

You posted the following:

You start off by declaring anyone that doesn't agree believe that the two parties in the US are different is
    1) "a pansy ass fence sitter",
    2) thinks that we should all be happy to be associated with hateful individuals,
    3) thinks that tolerance means allowing others to spout hate speech.

You follow this up with hate speech of your own and creating ridiculous representations of those on the other side. They are basically
    1) meatheads who fantasize about being some sort of super bad ass due to being influenced by action movies,
    2) cry babies who complain about political correctness, their own confrontations with ANTIFA, communists and hipsters,
    3) are gun nuts, alcoholics, "neck beards" who feel entitled to sex from unwilling females, and fantasize about again being some sort of military hero bad ass.
    All of these on their own are fine for various parts of the target group and a fair criticism of many people. They are however not the majority of people and you are deliberately painting everyone with the same brush in order to make them look bad. You don't even want to differentiate between the ordinary people and the deplorable portions you described above, implying that they are all like that. Which is quite unreasonable and merely an attempt to ridicule the *whole* other side. From this it appears that you are quite hateful yourself, and also a hypocrite since you claim to be above hateful speech. You are an extremist who refuses to acknowledge that others may have quite complicated views of matters and instead breaks them down into stupid little boxes which you are allowed to hate.

Taking a page from your own book, it would be reasonable to paint everyone with the same broad brush and associate those on "your" side with your views and behaviour. They are thus hypocrites and hateful individuals, who seek to belittle others and have no tolerance for differing perspectives. One definitely doesn't call other people "pansies" or "neck beards" out of love or tolerance and you definitely don't imply they are stupid and look for various ways to insult them.
    You however don't care for their opinion and then you completely disregard everything they have to say. Similar to me disagreeing with you, and suddenly my opinion is wholesale nonsense. I don't even believe the same about your opinion, but whatever... haters gonna hate.

As for the political leadership part, I won't disagree here. Can't find much to like about them.

Then you return to those who do not feel inclined to associate with either party. Again starting with insults and misrepresentations. They're
    1) overly absorbed by trash TV and how they can complain about it,
    2) unprincipled and vapid, only doing things for attention or personal gain,
    3) idiots,
    Would you look at that... 4) "all the same",
    4) parasites,
    5) apparently don't vote or even think

You follow this by decrying how they are unoriginal and shallow

Again you're complaining about other people's conduct and perspectives while you are no more inclined to consider other points of view and instead choose to insult those that disagree with you. You are equally as shallow and hateful.

Also, I'd really like you to point out the "facts" you claim to have. All you have done is point fingers at others, complain about them being hateful or stupid and then act hateful yourself. If others are bad people, that doesn't give you the right to be a bad person yourself. Finding bad behaviour unacceptable is in no way illogical or surprising for the most people. It would be quite understandable to despise both murderers and thieves, despite there being a magnitude of difference in the levels of bad they are seen as having. So, why is it apparently wrong to dislike those that behave unacceptably even if less than someone else?

At this point I feel it necessary to point out that I do recognise the difference in the conduct between the Republicans and the Democrats in the US. It would be naive to state that they are equally bad or even having equal levels of bad actors. This does not however imply that either party is exempt from criticism or that it would be wise to neglect the duty to vote. Given the choice between the two parties, I'd honestly pick the Democrats, despite the presence of a few hate mongering individuals that seek to dehumanise those that disagree with them. I actually don't believe that the entire party behaves like this the whole time. Or even most... just the loudest.

Your hypocrisy and hate is however unacceptable, and you'd do well to see the world in less "black and white" terms
    You’d do better to live in the real world and not try to think you’re zen or something. Everything I sad is the truth and my opinion. From observations in life and experience of tried and tested. I don’t give a single solitary fuck about feels or meaningless misapplied factoids with no reference, context or intelligence.

None of this is new or a mystery as I said the same Starbucks Hipsters are the ones also invading Gander Mountain to be trendy.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-03-24 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’d do better to live in the real world and not try to think you’re zen or something. Everything I sad is the truth and my opinion. From observations in life and experience of tried and tested. I don’t give a single solitary fuck about feels or meaningless misapplied factoids with no reference, context or intelligence.

None of this is new or a mystery as I said the same Starbucks Hipsters are the ones also invading Gander Mountain to be trendy.
    More insults and oversimplifications.

You’d do better to live in the real world and not try to think you’re zen or something. Everything I said is my opinion. From my observations in life and willfully ignoring everything that doesn't fit in with my constrained views. I don’t give a single solitary fuck about anyone else or what people may feel is reasonable.
    Fixed that for you

Whatever that means.

I'm sure you didn't even really think about what I said, you simply decided to disregard everything because you can't handle criticism.

Not everyone that disagrees with you (or me) is stupid
    Not everyone that values different things than you (or me) is unprincipled

10+ Year Old Account
    More insults and oversimplifications.

Fixed that for you

Whatever that means.

I'm sure you didn't even really think about what I said, you simply decided to disregard everything because you can't handle criticism.

Not everyone that disagrees with you (or me) is stupid
    Not everyone that values different things than you (or me) is unprincipled
    No I read what you wrote and it’s the same garbage I knew would be uttered by you less your editing what a said which is actually something against the rules on forums. Just a heads up.

As I said in my previous post that is my opinion based on experience, context and facts. Not your feelings based on a lot of what you don’t know.

Now if you happen to be offended about what I said which was non too specific. Especially you I think you would have been better not to respond and keep going.

Your posting now especially about how much of In insult you think my opinion is. Simply validated what I said about you. When the post itself wasn’t directed at anyone specifically.

But by all means ignore anything I’ve said. However if you wish to engage me be my guest I’ll respond provided I have something to say or think you still do.

Maybe we can have a meaningful dialogue but so far you haven’t said anything meaningful.

You disagree with my opinion OK!

What do you specifically disagree with and why?

Yes they are the same, they are both idiots.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    You disagree with my opinion OK!

What do you specifically disagree with and why?
    What I have been trying to say this whole time is that
    1. the actions of other people, no matter how bad do not justify you turning hateful yourself
    2. people can easily be put off by people behaving aggressively or looking down on them
    3. people have differing opinions and are more than a few simple sentiments
    4. there may be many reasons people believe what they do
    5. regardless of how other people treat you, you have the choice of how you wish to respond to them

I'd be more inclined to listen to others and try to understand their point of view, especially if they disagree with me