Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The actual dark portal not working has been an issue for a while.

I tried it a couple years back and I had to go back to stormwind and portal there or some shit.

Probably some garbage with both outland and draenor being tied to it.

Needless to say it was pretty immersion breaking and completely destroyed the moment lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

I tried it a couple years back and I had to go back to stormwind and portal there or some shit.

Needless to say it was pretty immersion breaking and completely destroyed the moment lol.
    The Dark Portal works again, now. Well, the green is reconnected until lvl 100 (meaning, I haven't checked on a char at 100 or above yet).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    So I hit 60 on my Hunter, and decided to start Outlands because it's been awhile. I grab Hero's Call! Outlands from the board. Talk to the Honor Hold Mage in the Mage district it says, then walk through the Dark Portal.

So I do just that. But the Portal doesn't work. There are 4-5 others flying around, seemingly as clueless as I am.

Blizzard really done messed up with this whole portal pruning thing.
    I did almost exactly the same thing as you when I was leveling last night. Finished Winterspring at 59, went to Orgrimmar, picked up Outlands quest from the board, went to portal room and talked to the mage to get ported to Blasted lands.

Then I went north to deliver an introduction quest to Blasted Lands I had picked up in Winterspring and immediately went back to the portal and entered without problem.

Not sure why it wasn't working for you, but it's seemingly not an issue for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

The Dark Portal has always worked from the EK side. It just depends in which phase you are (old or new BL) and what level you are (you gotta be lvl90 to enter through the red dark portal).

snip
    I crossed the Dark Portal yesterday just fine.

Got quest in org, talked to the mage npc the quest directs me to, who teleported me to blasted lands, and just went across the portal.

Guess you ignored the quest, uh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I crossed the Dark Portal yesterday just fine.

Got quest in org, talked to the mage npc the quest directs me to, who teleported me to blasted lands, and just went across the portal.

Guess you ignored the quest, uh?
    What? You know I can click a little button and see which post you're quoting, which is a post in which I literally say I got the quest, talked to the mage, and tried to cross the portal IN THE FIRST FEW LINES. I guess ignored uhhh, literally the entire post that consisted of a measly 6 lines of text? Wow.

As with a lot of bugs, it effects some but not others, that's been made clear in this thread already.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-24 at 02:19 PM.

I don't feel like you read my post. At all. You literally quoted me saying I had to use the Shatt portal in the mage portal room, I'm clearly aware it exists. The entire point is that the portal pruning, a recent annoyance to the community, has caused even more with unintended side effects. They literally made the entrance quest to an entire expansion not work properly.
    Should have titled your thread more appropriately then, if you didn't want people giving you alternative means to reach Outland.

Just report the bug, and hopefully Blizzard will get to it sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Should have titled your thread more appropriately then, if you didn't want people giving you alternative means to reach Outland.

Just report the bug, and hopefully Blizzard will get to it sooner rather than later.
    I literally said in the first post that I used the Shatt portal, and then some guy comes and quotes me and says "Use the shattrath portal". He didn't give me an alternative method, he quoted me and told me to do something I already did, meaning he didn't read the post he quoted. No where did I ask for help, because I solved the problem before I even made the thread, and I made that really clear in the first post. The entire point was just to raise awareness, maybe save people a little time and frustration, and add another issue caused by the Portal Prune we all hate into peoples mind.

I also already said in the first post that I should have used a different title. Do people not even read the first post to get the gist of what a thread is about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Or you know, travel there like in the old days? Takes ten mins Max.....
    I did try to travel there like in the old days. I tried to go through the Portal, you know, like we did when the expansion launched. It didn't work for me or others around, and we were definitely in the right phase, it's super obvious.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-24 at 02:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    An Outland-appropriate level character in the phase where the DP is green is supposed to be able to just go through it into Hellfire Peninsula. If you can't, it's a bug, as others have said. Report the bug, don't just come to an unofficial fansite to complain about Evul Blizzrad. (I checked this out just now with a level 58 Belf DK. She had the Warchief's Command: Outland! quest. Took the zep to Northern Stranglethorn, took the FP from there to Dreadmaul Hold in Blasted Lands, rode to the nice green DP, and passed through it into HP, no problems.)

P.S. Outland. Outland. Outland. NOT OUTLANDS, FOR THE LOVE OF SARGERAS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    An Outland-appropriate level character in the phase where the DP is green is supposed to be able to just go through it into Hellfire Peninsula. If you can't, it's a bug, as others have said. Report the bug, don't just come to an unofficial fansite to complain about Evul Blizzrad. (I checked this out just now with a level 58 Belf DK. She had the Warchief's Command: Outland! quest. Took the zep to Northern Stranglethorn, took the FP from there to Dreadmaul Hold in Blasted Lands, rode to the nice green DP, and passed through it into HP, no problems.)

P.S. Outland. Outland. Outland. NOT OUTLANDS, FOR THE LOVE OF SARGERAS!
    The first thing I did was report it. And have you seen the official forums? I don't want to go anywhere near there. Blizzard reads fan sites, if you think they ignore free feedback you're just fooling yourself.

I know this may sound crazy, but this a forum, where people come to talk about World of Warcraft, and we can talk about anything we want in regards to it. If I want to complain about a consequence of a hot topic that's pissed off a lot of people (Portal Pruning) I can do just that, there are likely others who have had the same issue and venting can help.

Also, I love to go to Outlands, and run Slabs. It's a great dungeon.

Honestly, I'd rather we had to take a random portal to Draenor and the dark portal stays connected to outland (isn't that the freaking case lorewise?) I too was a bit upset by it, once I got past the initial draenor intro, and the portal on the other side got destroyed.

That said, it sounds like you are just describing a bug, and not the 90+ awkwardness

I literally said in the first post that I used the Shatt portal
    You aren't supposed to use the Shatt portal. You're meant to talk to a Mage NPC that teleports you, not use any of the portals in the portal room.

Oh boy.

You do realize there is a Portal, and an appropriate NPC that has a "teleport" option if you are in the appropriate quest, two different things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You aren't supposed to use the Shatt portal. You're meant to talk to a Mage NPC that teleports you, not use any of the portals in the portal room.

Oh boy.
    Reading must be difficult for you. Let me help you, cause I'm a nice guy.

So I hit 60 on my Hunter, and decided to start Outlands because it's been awhile. I grab Hero's Call! Outlands from the board. Talk to the Honor Hold Mage in the Mage district it says, then walk through the Dark Portal.

So I do just that.
    But the Portal doesn't work. There are 4-5 others flying around, seemingly as clueless as I am.

Blizzard really done messed up with this whole portal pruning thing.

I should have titled this differently in hindsight, posting in the early hours does that, I should have said mage room portal. It's really annoying that the quest directions are incorrect, and I have to go to Shatt via the mage room and fly all the way to the Portal when the Portal could just work.
    You quoted this post, yet clearly did not read it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-25 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a portal in town to shatrath.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..